AuthorPost
ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 02:40 am

soonerBAS wrote:
a&m probably isn't thrilled with the talk, thought they were out of Texas shadow only to find themselves there again.

And they know that they will lose to both of them regularly.

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 02:44 am

If talks are serious and it sounds like they are then better make something happen because if it falls thru OU and UT lose all bargaining power with the big12 and tv networks.

WarHog38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 02:53 am

K2C Sooner wrote: Nice first post WarHog. I saw where you registered and figured you were a Razorback.:dude: My bad and I gave you a MANA {Green light bulb}. I hope you post often.Thanks, don't particularly lead with that Razorback fan declaration much anymore.  I haven't been very proud of that program for many years.  Those head coach hiring decisions were bad beyond being reasonable in my opinion..    Bielema came into the SEC by declaring he came to beat Nick Saban and then went down in Texas and publicly criticized all the Texas high school football coaches for their HUNH football. He just killed his Texas recruiting and gave Saban something to pin on his locker room bill board.  Like Saban needed that.  Bielema also kicked numerous sometimes star irreplaceable players off the team for missing classes or late to team meetings while Saban kept star lineman caught in possession of stolen guns.  I got kicked off Arkansas blog boards harshly criticizing Bielema when several years later 100% of the fan base was glad he was fired.  I never went back.  Morris was worse if you can believe it.  Mealy mouthed and turned the locker room into a Disco with loud rap and him jerking wildly & dancing like a lunatic.  He lost repeatedly to the cupcakes coming into Fayetteville because the team did not even respect him enough to play hard for him.  Morris was a high school coach as he was known best for in Texas, nothing more.  I think Jerry Jones got him hired at Arkansas to get his grandson a scholarship.  As if scholarships are needed for billionaires.  Anyway, he got one.  I won't mention Arkansas here anymore but all that is why my faith is somewhat broken in that program.  The book is still out on Pittman and he does recruit well.  So we shall see in several years.

I went over to Texas blog boards after this one.  Did not comment but several posts there said they thought this was all a ploy to bring the TV Networks to the negotiating table for a new B12 bigger contract.  Those Texans felt Oklahoma is national champ caliber this year.  They said that this all will get the TV networks in a sweat to re-sign the B12.  I think if we don't hear something solid on this by the coming football season within just over a month.  It probably just is a contract negotiating ploy.  The timing is a bit odd with the Big 12 TV contract still extending & that Grant of Rights are still intact I think until 2025.

I noticed that Greg Sankey has stated there will be no Covid delays in SEC football this year.  That is important considering the past and the fact that outside this country in nearly every place, people as Trudeau in Canada are saying these Vax boosters are continuing many times through 2024.  That literally means the pandemic to fuel the vaxxes is here as well.   I an not worried about that.  I hope the SEC stays that way as well.   Good luck to the sooners this year.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:04 am

FOX dumping Big 12 CCG for 2019, 2021 & 2023 was a hint

ESPN/FOX saying no to Big 12 expansion was a hint

ESPN/FOX declining Big 12’s request for early media negotiations was a hint

ESPN/FOX decline to invest in true Big 12 Conf Network was a hint

A hint this day was coming.

Salt in wound is 11am games

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:09 am

Who leaked this story to Houston Chronicle?

Who would benefit to have this story leaked at this time?

Some party who wanted to kill the OU/UT move toward SEC?

Texas A&M?

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:17 am

I think Big 10 will come calling now that cat’s out of the bag. True or not OU has a ton of perceived value nationally for sec/big10 tv. OU is the epicenter of this move. Big10 would be stupid not to pursue. Not sure how OU can get out of contract before 25 but this time it seems real (leaving). NIL demands we have equal seat at table for prime time games, this is a recruiting issue (and thus ability to sustain quality recruits long term). Recruits will want bright lights games for $$$ potential.

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:48 am

A&M forum is in full panic mode tonight, kind of funny to read.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:53 am

Report: OU, Texas Will Not Renew Big 12 Media Contracts, Will Petition SEC for Membership

After reports Wednesday that the Sooner and Longhorns were looking at joining the SEC, WFAA reports that both schools will initiate more formal procedures next week.

John E. HooverJul 21, 2021
A report out of Dallas on Wednesday night supports rumors and earlier reports that Oklahoma and Texas are looking to get out of the Big 12 Conference.

Jason Whitely, senior reporter at DFW television station WFAA, tweeted that OU and Texas will send a letter to the Big 12 early next week stating that neither school intends to renew their current media contracts when they expire in 2025, and that both schools will then petition the Southeastern Conference for membership.

The Houston Chronicle reported earlier Wednesday that OU and Texas had “reached out” to the SEC about joining the league and that an announcement could be coming “within a couple of weeks.”

Oklahoma issued a tepid statement, while Oklahoma State followed suit with a more forceful sentiment, saying it would be “gravely disappointed” if the Chronicle report was true.

The Big 12’s grant-of-rights — the contract that binds members’ broadcast rights to the conference if a school leaves for another league — and its existing television rights deals expire after the 2024-25 academic year.

SI’s Pat Forde said on the Yahoo! Sports College Podcast last week that the Big 12 tried to initiate talks to renegotiate with its TV partners recently, but the networks declined.

While the grant-of-rights and long-term TV contracts created unity and stability back in 2012-13, the league getting shut down by its network partners may have created an environment in which big players like Oklahoma and Texas felt the need to keep an eye on the horizon.

It probably didn't help that Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby last week didn't exactly express support for OU athletic director Joe Castiglione's "bitter disappointment" over the Sooners' 11 a.m. kickoff with Nebraska on Sept. 18, a commemoration of the 1971 "Game of the Century" that Castiglione has been planning for nearly a decade.

While the SEC has won the college football national championship nine times in the last 13 years, it's also an attractive conference financially.

In May, the Big 12 announced a revenue split of $34.5 million per school, or $345 million, down for the second straight year — this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the loss of championships such as the NCAA basketball tournaments. The shortfall of about $50 million was also due to loss of football inventory during the 2020 season, with fewer games to broadcast. The conference also didn’t land a team in the College Football Playoff.

Meanwhile the SEC in February announced per-school revenue distribution of about $45.5 million, or $637.7 million, for fiscal year 2019-2020. SEC schools averaged $44.6 million in 2018-19.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/.amp/football/report-ou-texas-will-not-renew-big-12-media-contracts-will-petition-sec-for-membership?__twitter_impression=true

ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:55 am

Supposedly OU/Texas will announce their intentions to the Big 12 next week and officially file a petition to join the SEC. Will probably be similar to Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and ATM where it becomes official this year or early next year and start official league play a few years later.

It's a sound business decision and Bob Bowlsby's arrogance didn't do the Big 12 any favors. NEVER bite the hand that feeds you!

WarHog38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 04:05 am

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:

Here’s a random thought. If we move along with Texsa, what if aTm and Mizzou moved either back to Big12 or to another conference? They do not want to be with Texsa and not sure how Mizzou likes arrangement but take OU out and other teams have a chance at easier path to playoffs.I remember reading that Missouri contacted the B1G right after the B1G took Nebraska and the B1G shunned Missouri.  I have also read several times that the SEC wanted Oklahoma after Texas A&M had stated intent to join the SEC.  However Oklahoma insisted on Oklahoma State being included, so the SEC then turned to Missouri which had just been rebuffed by the B1G as I previously said.  I also remember this from many years ago when I lived in Indianapolis.  I had the Indianapolis paper's sports section and I noticed a very small article in the back pages low in a column.   That article stated the B1G had approached Missouri about exiting the Big 8 to enter the B1G.  I am sure this corresponded with the B1G wanting ND.  However the article stated that Missouri was very pleased in the Big 8.  I think this all just shows a lot of bad blood between Missouri & B1G. 

I do know that Missouri values recruiting in Texas about as much as Oklahoma.  I would think it would be ideal for them to be in the SEC West with their old rivals of the B12.  More the merrier and Oklahoma & Texas would make 3.  Like I stated in a previous post, Division making in the SEC seems to revolve around the whims of Alabama.  Not sure Missouri will get in the SEC West even if Oklahoma & Texas do.  Should, but would not bet on it.  Would that cause Missouri to head to the B1G which is a better geographical fit?  I have never heard much about that in Missouri fan's comments and I think the money and bad blood with B1G would still keep Missouri in the SEC.   Especially the money.

Texas A&M officials are already showing extreme displeasure about even the mention of Texas entering the SEC.  Texas A&M now out recruits Texas on a lot of athletes within the state.  Never doing that back in B12 or SWC days.  When Texas got serious about an instate recruit back then, they got him.  Sankey will heavily nudge all 14 SEC schools to accept Oklahoma & Texas.  It would be hard for Texas A&M to withstand that and 13-1 would still get both in.  Then the vote would be publicly declared unanimous.

I remember hearing what they called a gentlemen's agreement between Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky with Texas A&M added, on their voting together to bar instate college programs from any of those states entering the SEC.  Protecting self interests.  I don't think that agreement would withstand Sankey berating them about the overall welfare of the SEC.

WarHog38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 08:33 am

SoonerVikeThunder wrote: WarHog38 wrote:
captnop wrote: SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
Something like this?

West:
OU
Texas
Texas A&M
LSU
Arkansas
Mizzou
Ole Miss
Miss St

East:
Alabama
Auburn
Vandy
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Kentucky

——-

And then something like this?:

Iowa State and Kansas to the B1G

West Virginia and K State to the ACC

Texas Tech, OK St, Baylor and TCU to the Pac12

The Big12 would completely disappear

I'm not thrilled .. but that would better than playing Minnesota and Iowa in the B1G

Would anyone miss playing OSWho ?? I didn't think so.This future SEC Divisions Alignment with the additions of Oklahoma & Texas make by far the most logical sense.  However it will probably never be.   Missouri has been lodged misplaced in the SEC East for one single reason since Missouri's SEC entry.  Auburn needed to go to the SEC East to put Missouri in the SEC West.  Auburn always wanted to be in the East, no problem there.  However Alabama did not want Auburn in the East.  Alabama always demanded a yearly cross division game with Tennessee due to a very long standing rivalry.  Putting Auburn in the East with an 8 game SEC schedule would have required Alabama to have two yearly cross division games to keep the Iron Bowl a yearly occurrence.   That also would have put Alabama with an 8 game SEC schedule never playing Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky & Vanderbilt, unless in the SEC Championship Game.  None of the SEC head football coaches but Saban wanted to expand the SEC Schedule to 9 games. So Missouri went to the East to keep Alabama happy.

I don't think Alabama is going to the East this expansion round either.   Auburn will surely go East and the SEC schedule will surely be upped to 9 yearly games.  Alabama with just want to play SEC West teams and play Auburn in a yearly cross division game.  I don't know how Alabama will still yearly play Tennessee unless they go to a 10 game SEC Schedule.  I think one of the Mississippi schools will go East. That will no doubt upset the other Mississippi school.

I myself will not mind Oklahoma & Texas entering the SEC.  I liked a 12 team SEC however 16 beats 14.  I haven't heard anything about 4 team pods but they would work well with 16 teams.  The SEC went back to no division in basketball from being two divisions many years.  Maybe a divisions change in football.  The Conference Championship game picking strategy would have to change with 4 pods.  Interesting to see how all this goes.  The SEC is an Alabama conference with front offices in Birmingham.  Texas will not change that.  That will also be interesting as well to watch.

Great post filled with some good insight and opinions too. I never thought about 4 team pods but that could work. Playing 8 conf games can play 3 in own pod yearly and rotate other 3 pods every 3rd year. Then have 1 game to play vs old rivalry. So if Texsa in other pod we still play them yearly. Would be interesting to sort out conf title game. Maybe with expanded playoffs just skip it?Right, one good SEC conference alignment could be this:
POD 1OklahomaTexas
Texas A&MMissouri

POD 2Arkansas
LSUOle MissMississippi State
POD 3AlabamaAuburnTennesseeVanderbilt

POD 4FloridaGeorgiaSouth Carolina
Kentucky
That alignment would be best to keep some old SEC and even that Red River Rivalry still alive & well.   LSU might try to bully Missouri out of that fourth spot in POD 1.  They like playing in Texas for recruiting.  LSU gave up a last game of the season yearly rivalry of 20 years with Arkansas wanting Texas A&M.  Arkansas had nearly beaten them half the time in games until the hiring of Bielema & Morris.  Texas A&M didn't beat them like that.

With a 9 Game SEC schedule and constantly playing the 3 pod members and a pod & 1/2 pod from the other 3 pod choices.   A team playing that home/away would rotate through all other 15 teams every 4 years.  That would mean every athlete fulfilling a 4 year scholarship would visit every football stadium in the SEC.

Currently with an 8 game SEC schedule.   A team yearly plays its 6 divisional members plus a designated team yearly from the other division.  The other 6 cross division teams are one each year one year after another.  You will play all six in six years but it would be 12 years between each trip to Gainesville for six teams in the SEC WEST as Arkansas. ////// A 12 team SEC with three yearly cross division foes with just one being designated was a  different world.   You played all the teams home/away about every 4 or 5 years.  It will take pods with 16 teams or those cross division teams will be like another conference with that current 8 game SEC schedule.

WaddysWagon

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 01:05 pm

Personally, I don't think this has anything to do with 11:00 am kicks. It's all about the money. The NCAA is toast. A "super conference" with the stature of the SEC can control college sport destiny. Streaming is the next big thing. Except for wrestling,most of our championship challengers are in the SEC. Our attendance has slipped and the pandemic has really hit us financially. We recruit nationally now and the Big 12 is an albatross in terms of attracting top athletes. If we are in the SEC we don't lose running backs to Ala. The NIL plays a roll in this too. If Bryce Young can hit 7 figures w/o playing a game a recruit will factor that in. I think ISU and KU go to the Big. WVU to the ACC. The rest to the PAC or AAC. It is in our long term best interest to do this.

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 02:03 pm

I think it probably is a done deal, I think there was a lot of talk behind the scenes of if we do this will you do that and yea we'll do that if you do this back and forth and it's pretty much all been decided.

but here is a silly thought of what if.... reading other fan boards most are ok with OU but man everyone hates UT, what if the vote comes in positive for OU and negative for UT, do we go without them or are we tied together?

Gandalf
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: You shall not pass!
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 02:04 pm

soonerBAS wrote:
I think it probably is a done deal, I think there was a lot of talk behind the scenes of if we do this will you do that and yea we'll do that if you do this back and forth and it's pretty much all been decided.

but here is a silly thought of what if.... reading other fan boards most are ok with OU but man everyone hates UT, what if the vote comes in positive for OU and negative for UT, do we go without them or are we tied together?

Good question and I bet we are tied together in this quest.

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 02:55 pm

imagine if this goes thru and it's a year or two before the actual move, every Big12 road game we go one will hate us with a passion, our guys will be dodging turkey legs and batteries and frozen water bottles everywhere they go.

Zgeo
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:06 pm

WaddysWagon wrote:
This story broke in the Houston Chronicle and the reporter who broke it is the beat writer for T A&M. This is beyond speculation.

Aggies don’t want texass in the sec. aggies leaked the story to make it less likely.....if 4 sec teams vote no it doesn’t happen.....Missouri and aggies are already a hard no..... so it really means 2 more teams vote no and it doesn’t happen....

Walt
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:08 pm

It is kind of ironic that if OU and UT do wind up in the SEC West the three EX-Big XII teams will count for three of the top four SEC West teams ... OU, Texas, A&M and LSU will be the top four best teams.

It is also ironic that when A&M left the Big XII for the SEC it was OU that likely lost the most. If OU and Texas do head to the SEC West, it will be A&M that will be hurt the most.

Zgeo
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:20 pm

Now that the story is out there, let’s see what the Big 12 does to keep OU.

I recommend, OU picks their own game times, Big 12 adds more teams, big 12 drops the round robin if adding more teams, and drops to 8 conference games

I honestly think that enough SEC teams are afraid of Oklahoma that the no vote by SEC teams kills this

Last edited on Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:21 pm by Zgeo

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 03:44 pm

This was published by the SEC network as an idea. Tells me they have put some thought into this. My guess is discussions were in advanced stages and aTm leaked story to try and kill it. I think this time it happens.

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 04:07 pm

Kirk Balls er I mean Bohls is saying Mizzou is a hard no .. everyone else, including SEC writers, whose job it is to actually cover the SEC, are saying it's 13-1 in favor... so I don't think Mizzou is a no.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 04:34 pm

Way out there but I wonder if Big10 might be working some big deal which includes Pac? Could they try and merge conferences and create a huge super conference to one up SEC/OU/TX moves? Or snag the top Pac teams? Lots more going on than just OU/TX but OU/TX are the dam holding the change water so to speak.

Saw these comments:

1. FOX Sports and highly probable new media partner (Amazon/NBC) will play a huge part in how Big Ten moves forward in again gaining back market space in collegiate sports at the highest level vis-à-vis ESPN/SEC/ACC.

2. FOX Sports President used to be Big Ten Networks President, who help create the Big Ten Network in its infancy…who was Delany’s right hand man.

3. This story has a long ways to go. We always knew OU & UT would be bolting from Big 12. But what happens next? Big Ten and Fox Sports (Amazon/NBC) will go big. How big? Don’t know. But USC and few others might want to pick up their phone when calls come in from Chicago.

Last edited on Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 04:37 pm by SoonerVikeThunder

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 04:55 pm

With this record aTm should not have any say lol. Covers their time in both conferences:

10 Win Seasons | Since 2000

17 Oklahoma
10 Texas
1 Texas A&M

Could we see this again? Look at clock time to realize it easily could have been over 100. Man that was a fun game to watch!

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 04:58 pm

Big 12 Athletic Directors and CEOs are set to meet today at 5 PM CT to discuss Oklahoma-Texas

wavoka

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 05:12 pm

Living up in Big 10 Country, Northern Lower Michigan, I keep hearing Big 10 fans talk about how much they would love OU in the Big 10. Mostly because I'm always wearing Sooner gear and that tends to start conversations.

Anyway....the consensus is they would love to have OU, but the problem is we don't meet their academic standards.

A move to the SEC is probably better for recruiting, but it seems to me that the Big 10 would be a better fit culturally. Oklahoma isn't really a Southern state, nor is it a Midwestern state, but I do think Oklahoma has more in common with the Midwest than it does the deep South.

Last edited on Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 05:13 pm by wavoka

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 05:28 pm

Sadly we are a better fit for our old conference... if the Big 12 was till together with A&M, NU, Mizzou and even CU ( which sucks at FB , but whose population has boomed) it would be even with the SEC, ACC and B1G. Sadly thanks to those for 4 schools and their greed it's not that way. I don't like it, but the SEC is probably the best fit. All the B1G folks love to talk about their academics, though none of them obviously have a clue how Grants and research ACTUALLY work. After seeing how NU was treated I don't think OU should go there and obviously the OU admin feels the same way. the PAC is a woke dumpster fire at the moment. Before COVID USC and UCLA were playing to half empty stadiums, then add in the time difference, no thanks. The ACC is almost all East coast. At lease with SEC we could play Texas, A&M, Mizzou, Arky and the Miss teams and those are at least drivable ( as drivable as ISU and NU were) ..

pippen
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 05:37 pm

soonerBAS wrote: If talks are serious and it sounds like they are then better make something happen because if it falls thru OU and UT lose all bargaining power with the big12 and tv networks.Agreed, but my overall reaction to going to the SEC is BLEAH!  College football is becoming ever more professional (along with everything that comes with that in the New Brave World) and there's nothing I can do about it. Other than stop contributing my money to something I don't believe in - not that that will change anything of course.  It is a step which yearly becomes more difficult to talk myself out of doing. Moving to the SEC will probably be the last straw.

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 06:09 pm

pippen wrote:
soonerBAS wrote: If talks are serious and it sounds like they are then better make something happen because if it falls thru OU and UT lose all bargaining power with the big12 and tv networks.Agreed, but my overall reaction to going to the SEC is BLEAH!  College football is becoming ever more professional (along with everything that comes with that in the New Brave World) and there's nothing I can do about it. Other than stop contributing my money to something I don't believe in - not that that will change anything of course.  It is a step which yearly becomes more difficult to talk myself out of doing. Moving to the SEC will probably be the last straw.

Sorry thats already happened. The Big 12 tried to negotiate an early up on their tv deals ( like the ACC and SEC did) with Fox and ESPN, neither were interested. My guess is they both had motives. FOX imagined pushing OU & UT to the B1G or PAC where they have the contract. I think ESPN was intent on pushing OU and UT to the SEC. Either way the ONLY bargaining power left is picking where you want to go. Wonder how much the 11am kickoffs played in this.

OU Chinaman
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 06:17 pm

...I've disliked the SEC since the 1960's and now have to make peace with being part of it.:?

One good thing is the gut punch for OwussU, ex-mullet head Gundy and all the stinking lOSUr Aggie fans.

Can you say Group of Five? :lol:

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

Zgeo
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 08:07 pm

I am ok with this move to the SEC….

The money will be more solid, the expanded playoffs will take about 4 from the SEC each year, the games will be easier without a round robin against the same teams every year, the coaching in the Big 12 is getting too good , also when we beat these SEC teams like a rented mule they won’t be able to say they didn’t want to be there when it is a conference game…..

Too bad for the rest of the Big 12 , they will all have to scramble for a spot somewhere else. Or they could get BYU and Houston and try to make a go of it ….it may work BYU has the Huge Mormon following ….

Last edited on Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 08:15 pm by Zgeo

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 08:17 pm

OU Chinaman wrote:
...I've disliked the SEC since the 1960's and now have to make peace with being part of it.:?

One good thing is the gut punch for OwussU, ex-mullet head Gundy and all the stinking lOSUr Aggie fans.

Can you say Group of Five? :lol:

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

What about Bob Stoops he just signed on with Fox to do Big 12 games I think, meaning he will be play by playing osux vs popcorn state type games. This must be a gut punch to him. Especially after having XFL shut down on him just last year.

Last edited on Thu Jul 22nd, 2021 09:03 pm by SoonerVikeThunder

Current time is 12:44 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page