Print
AuthorPost
47Straight
DEPs

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '21 - “stayin positive and testin negative”
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 19th, 2021 05:56 pm

https://footballscoop.com/news/dan-patrick-tennessee-handed-out-cash-to-recruits-in-mcdonalds-bags/

Attachment: 1 warrenty.jpg (Downloaded 185 times)

Triple Option
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 19th, 2021 06:39 pm

Wanya Morris' transfer a win-win for both player & program By Collin Kennedy

The Oklahoma Sooners received massive news on Monday afternoon. Tennessee transfer offensive tackle Wanya Morris chose to join the Crimson and Cream for the next chapter of his football career. This comes shortly after the star lineman announced a top three featuring Oklahoma, Texas A&M and USC. For both the Sooners and Morris, though, this is a valued opportunity for a fresh start up front.

Morris, as a recruit, was as heralded as they come along the offensive line. The Grayson High School star was rated a five-star prospect and ranked the No. 28 overall player in the 2019 recruiting class. Morris was also recognized as the number six offensive tackle and the number five player in Georgia by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Player Rankings. Back in May of 2019, he chose Tennessee over Auburn. Morris also held scholarship offers from most of the SEC plus Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma and others.

When he arrived at Tennessee, Morris quickly proved himself as one of the better freshmen in the conference. He started 12 of 13 games at left tackle, collecting SEC All-Freshman accolades and True Freshman All-American honors from 247Sports. Even before all this, though, Morris was named to The Athletic Midseason Freshman All America Team and was placed on the FWAA Freshman All-America Midseason Watch List. Before the start of 2020, Morris was one of the hottest names at offensive tackle across the Southeastern Conference. He was named a 2020 Preseason All-SEC Fourth Team selection by Phil Steele, a 2020 Preseason All-SEC Second Team selection by the league's coaches and a 2020 Preseason All-SEC First Team pick by College Football News. However, as it did for so many, 2020 brought adversity to Morris' career.

In the spring of 2020, Morris underwent hip surgery to address a lingering injury and was slated to miss spring practice even before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down all activities. Then, when the Volunteers started preparing for the 2020 season, Morris was caught up in contact-tracing quarantines on multiple occasions, stunting his development as a sophomore. At one point during the preseason, he reportedly sat out 14 days of practice while in quarantine, practiced a couple of times after he was cleared, then went right back into quarantine. This forced Morris to miss an additional two weeks of preparation before the season's start. Once the season began and Morris was finally able to take the field, he saw a bit of a rotation between left and right tackle to start the year. He then reassumed the left tackle spot but suffered an ankle injury sidelined him again. After getting back on the field, Morris eventually lost his starting spot to fifth-year senior Jahmir Johnson for the season's final three games.

With all this potential slowed down by various challenges, Morris rightfully looked for stability in his new destination. This put Oklahoma and Texas A&M towards the top of his preferred landing spots, for obvious reasons. Both schools have seen plenty of success on the offensive line over the years, especially with big name assistants in Bill Bedenbaugh and Josh Henson leading the way. Now that Morris has chosen Oklahoma, it's a move he hopes will provide a boost moving forward. The same can be said for the Sooners, who will welcome this presence at a position of need.

Since the days of Oklahoma winning the Joe Moore Award with Bobby Evans and Orlando Brown Jr. at the tackle spots, the Sooners have seen a bit of a revolving door on the blindside. Erik Swenson was the favorite early-on in 2019, but as he dealt with injuries while getting acclimated to increased playing time, transfer RJ Proctor was thrown into the position. Someone who projected more often as a guard, Proctor then rotated at times with Swenson and essentially assumed the position full-time out of necessity. In 2020, true freshman Anton Harrison was scheduled to start over Swenson, but he dealt with COVID-19 protocols right before the opener. Eventually, Swenson took over but rotated at times with Harrison.

Now, Adrian Ealy leaves the program as the team's stable starter at right tackle. This leaves an obvious concern regarding who will play where for Oklahoma in 2021. With the addition of Morris, though, some of these worries can subside. With experience playing both while being battle-tested on the blindside, Morris could takeover at right tackle or easily step into the left tackle spot. This would then provide a younger player like Harrison or Stacey Wilkins more time to progress.

The Sooners have high hopes for the upcoming season, already being placed in the championship discussion several months out. However, as is well-known, games can be won or lost along the line of scrimmage. With Morris now in the mix, Lincoln Riley, Spencer Rattler and the Oklahoma faithful can feel just a little bit better about these looming expectations. As for Morris, he can be encouraged by understanding the anticipated role within his new team, one that aims to challenge for 2021 college football supremacy.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Wanya-Morris-Transfer-Oklahoma-Football-OU-Sooners-Linemen-159522268/

Walt
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 19th, 2021 07:04 pm

I get fivr or six phone calls from the extended warranty on my pickup. I keep blocking their numbers ... they must have a whole area code of numbers in their calling bank. When I bought this pickup they tried really hard to get me to buy. I was a good listener. They were good at putting the pressure on to get me to buy the pickup. Finally, I got really tired of the hard-sell and suggested they must not have much faith in the quality of their product. I asked them why I should spend $4,000 to buy a new transmission before I drove the pickup off the lot. That was the last I heard about buying the extended warranty. I don't buy extended warranties, period.

KJinSkiatook

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 20th, 2021 12:45 am

Walt wrote:
I get fivr or six phone calls from the extended warranty on my pickup. I keep blocking their numbers ... they must have a whole area code of numbers in their calling bank. When I bought this pickup they tried really hard to get me to buy. I was a good listener. They were good at putting the pressure on to get me to buy the pickup. Finally, I got really tired of the hard-sell and suggested they must not have much faith in the quality of their product. I asked them why I should spend $4,000 to buy a new transmission before I drove the pickup off the lot. That was the last I heard about buying the extended warranty. I don't buy extended warranties, period.
I did a similar thing when I bought a new Toyota about 15 years ago. Before leaving, the dealer put on the hard sell about extended warrantees, how much a new transmission costs, etc. I finally told him that the Toyota didn’t sound so reliable and I needed to rethink my purchase. He shut up and I never had a call about extended warrantees.

SoonerTony

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 21st, 2021 12:44 am

Four more of Tennessee’s players entered the portal today, including their best defender and top running back. Maybe OU could get a couple more?

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 21st, 2021 02:24 am

SoonerTony wrote:
Four more of Tennessee’s players entered the portal today, including their best defender and top running back. Maybe OU could get a couple more?

We should get a free recruiting booth on Tenn campus if we get a few more of them.

Triple Option
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 21st, 2021 03:12 am

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
SoonerTony wrote:

We should get a free recruiting booth on Tenn campus if we get a few more of them.

Vols wnt 3-7 this year. Not sure how many of them we'd want. :lol:

Salt City Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 21st, 2021 03:44 am

They do have a couple of guys on defense that I’d take. Considering the offensive ineptitude they had on offense, it was somewhat respectable on that side of the ball. Their #1 problem, imo, has been QB play. Not that he was any great shakes or anything, but they’ve been terrible there since Dobbs left, & their #1 guy just transferred to Wazzu. Top 2 RB’s are history, not to mention others. I also saw that a bunch of their incoming recruits are now asking out of their NLI’s. Whoever replaces Pruitt had better demand a long leash because it’s not going to be an overnight fix.

Current time is 04:20 am