Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > What did Teddy Lehman think the first time he met Torrance Marshall?

What did Teddy Lehman think the first time he met Torrance Marshall?
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight
DEPs

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '21 - “stayin positive and testin negative”
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 02:27 pm

Teddy Lehman ended his OU football career as one of the greatest linebackers in school history. The 2003 Butkus Award winner is now in the booth as an analyst for official OU football radio broadcasts.
But in the summer of 2000, Lehman arrived on campus for his first season. He hailed from Fort Gibson, Okla., population 4,000. On the day he registered for classes and moved into the dorms, he first stopped by the football facility to meet with Brent Venables, the co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
The Sooners had just finished a workout.
“So this massive dude walks by,” Lehman recalled. “He’s got his cleats on, OU shorts, and he doesn’t have a shirt on. Full beard. Shredded. Gigantic.
“Coach V says, ‘Have you met Torrance?’
“That was the first time I thought: ‘Man, I’m getting in over my head here. I’ve got everyone fooled. I don’t know why they gave me a scholarship, but the jig is up.’”

Attachment: 1 Holy S.jpg (Downloaded 92 times)

SoonerinDallas

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 03:06 pm

I read when Torrance showed up before the 1999 season, Calmus was the midddle LB, and Marshall basically told him that he was going to play MLB and Calmus would have to move to weak-side LB. I guess you didn't mess with Marshall.:D

Fly
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 07:23 pm

I knew Torrance & he was a great young man. He was a gentle giant. Very nice & polite unless you were his
opponent on the football field:lol:

Fly

Current time is 11:13 pm