Print
AuthorPost
StatesEye
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 12:57 pm

Ya know, as a fan of college football I've always favored specific teams in the various conferences. Up until around 2014 or so, I always favored Bama in the SEC.....

Nick Saban has won as many national championships (7) as Oklahoma has in its entire program history. Six of those seven were at Bama. Alabama will eventually "fall back". When they do, I hope they are bottom feeders for at least a couple of decades.

Hats off to em, though.

ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 03:00 pm

Saban has been great but it also shows me the SEC isn't very strong for them to continue to win the vast majority of conference titles. I mean, it took LSU's best team in history to get it done last season.

Also, Saban has proven that coaches win national titles, not schools and that's who should claim national titles.

SoonerinDallas

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 03:04 pm

As long as Saban is there, they will continue to gather every 5* athlete and win NC consistently

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 06:56 pm

The nation seems tired of Bama. They beat a team who never deserved to be there. And this year was pretty much a mess. No question Bama was the best team this year tho.

I stopped by the bar on way home from work around 6:30 stayed til 8. It was dead as a doornail! Only bar was full and 2 tables had some folks and then 4 playing darts and another 4 playing pool. Normally for a title game this place is packed. And its been busier than this recently for a non event night. Never seen a place so dead for a big game night.

Fly
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 07:08 pm

SoonerinDallas wrote:
As long as Saban is there, they will continue to gather every 5* athlete and win NC consistently

Maybe but maybe not. No matter the sport NO ONE evers stays at top. When he beat the Sooners at LSU & won the National Champion it started his rise in popularity. Any time you win a NC kids flock to you. Same thing happened
at Clemson. But when Saban went to Bama a already great
recruiting hot bed his recruiting base got even bigger.

He is a great coach & recruiter & in a very good aria for
talent. But think it going to go down just as it always
done when the new tuff guy on the block wins a NC. Maybe
that guy is the Sooners. Everyone is tired of Bama winning
most every year.

We Shall See! Fly :ou:

Last edited on Tue Jan 12th, 2021 07:13 pm by Fly

Gandalf
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: You shall not pass!
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 07:39 pm

I think Saban is killing college football. This isn’t just a dynasty, it is taking the fun out of the sport for a lot of people who are not Alabama fans.

Hats off to him, he has it rolling but to the cost of the sport in my opinion.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2021 08:06 pm

Gandalf wrote:
I think Saban is killing college football. This isn’t just a dynasty, it is taking the fun out of the sport for a lot of people who are not Alabama fans.

Agree. Thats what I see and hear. And its not jealousy its true fans who feel mo matter how great their own team is, had to chance to compete. Yet players will go there as they want a springboard to NFL.

Too bad we didn’t have defense in Baker/Kyler years else we win a few titles and there is more parity.

UtahSooner83
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 01:04 am

Gandalf wrote:

^^^
This

StatesEye
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 02:09 am

Alabama's big win over Ohio State is least-watched College Football Playoff title game ever
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/alabamas-big-win-over-ohio-state-is-least-watched-college-football-playoff-title-game-ever/ar-BB1cHpN1

humblesooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 02:13 am

ClintA.Adams wrote:
Saban has been great but it also shows me the SEC isn't very strong for them to continue to win the vast majority of conference titles. I mean, it took LSU's best team in history to get it done last season.

Also, Saban has proven that coaches win national titles, not schools and that's who should claim national titles.

This point is why I shake my head when ESPiN and the SEC Bama Wannabes try to tell us how the SEC is the strongest conference top to bottom. When a "fan" asks me why they win so many championships if they aren't the best top to bottom, my reply is, if they had the best teams top to bottom, they would never have an undefeated team - ever. They are weak beyond Bama and one or two random teams every year. Just like the B12. OSU has a strong team once, then TCU has a strong team once, then Baylor has a strong team once, then Texas has a strong team once, etc.
The reason Bama is able to go undefeated is the rest of their conference is weak. Ask Florida. Ask Auburn.

Last edited on Wed Jan 13th, 2021 02:15 am by humblesooner

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 04:48 pm

Sports Media Watch
@paulsen_smw
·
16h
Alabama-Ohio State least-watched National Championship of the CFP or BCS era (1999-present)
-- 27% decline from last year is comparable to the World Series (-30%)
-- In a first, National Championship averaged fewer viewers than either CFP semifinal

Current time is 02:05 pm