Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 5th, 2021 11:09 pm

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
Johnnytrey23 wrote:
gcruse7 wrote:
SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
About the numbers someone suggested 100 openings means 100 seats. But, if a team losing someone decides not to fill that spot from portal rather they want to save it for regular recruitment that means 1 less portal seat available. So you end up with more in portal than open seats. Its up to school how to use the open slot. They might decide to give it to walk on too, since some schools are all full that year and need to open a slot for that reason.

Thus the 100/100 is not gonna math out

You said what I was trying to say about the numbers in much fewer words. Well done!

I get what you guys are saying now. Basically, 100 portal guys leave and there are 100 spots but not necessarily for portal incoming. I get it, makes sense. All I’m saying is there are x number of spots at fbs teams. That number may change a little this year, but, mostly, it’s constant. There are no less or more players trying to get each of those spots. That hasn’t changed at all. If they weren’t good enough at one school, maybe they will be at another. I don’t see the problem.

Side note: I heard a couple of years ago that Kansas had like twelve scholarship players, exaggerating, they could take the bulk of the portal and maybe be competitive. Maybe.

Lol, now thats funny! Yet true!

Triple Option
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 5th, 2021 11:17 pm

Johnnytrey23 wrote:There are no less or more players trying to get each of those spots.
But it seems to me that since some guys won't be leaving who normally would be leaving (because of the extra year of eligibility), there WILL be more guys trying to get those spots than normal. You've got the same number as usual of young guys trying to come in, but fewer than normal older guys going out.

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 5th, 2021 11:20 pm

Triple Option wrote:
Johnnytrey23 wrote:There are no less or more players trying to get each of those spots.
But it seems to me that since some guys won't be leaving who normally would be leaving (because of the extra year of eligibility), there WILL be more guys trying to get those spots than normal. You've got the same number as usual of young guys trying to come in, but fewer than normal older guys going out.

Guys staying for the extra year don’t count against 85. Which is why i mentioned the number might be slightly different this year.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 04:37 am

Gandalf wrote:
Chandler Morris to TCU

And....drum roll please:

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
·
2h
2020 JUCO signee QB Stephon Brown has entered the transfer portal after redshirting this season at #TCU @rivalsmike@RivalsWoody

Triple Option
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 05:26 am

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
Triple Option wrote:

Guys staying for the extra year don’t count against 85. Which is why i mentioned the number might be slightly different this year.

OK, thanks!

Serenity Now

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 02:58 pm

I liked Mordecia and Morris. They both would have been good QB's for us before we were putting QB's in the NFL. We've jumped up in class a little bit now. Competition is tough.

Brisket

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 04:13 pm

Same at WR. Rambo, for being the most experienced, elder statesman in that position group, simply was surpassed by several younger players, and would probably have been surpassed by even more of the incoming true freshmen. It's a good problem to have when you are able to stack multiple blue-chip players on top of others. Looking forward to the time when OU is able to do that on the DL, LB, & secondary...

Rambo has reminded me of former RB, Alex Ross - very fast straight-line speed, but very little agility or shiftiness. I wish him well. Speculation is he will reunite with his high school coach, Joey McGuire, at Baylor.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 8th, 2021 03:34 am

Mike Farrell
@rivalsmike
·
2h
#Sooners DB Robert Barnes who is in the Portal hearing from #Spartans #Gamecocks #Duke #GoDucks and #WVU among others. Kid will be popular.
@r0bertbarnes

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 8th, 2021 03:42 am

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
2017 4-star OL Obinna Eze has entered the transfer portal after playing in 31 games at #Memphis including 25 starts at tackle
@rivalsmike

@RivalsWoody

@RivalsBmoss

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 9th, 2021 07:18 pm

Obviously with Stevenson going pro, which I understand, he has to take care of himself. No one else looks out for you. I'm sure they will find either a JUCO RB or a Portal RB...

Salt City Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 06:42 pm

JMT heading up the turnpike:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_jonmichael/status/1349406173041094657

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 07:24 pm

Salt City Sooner wrote:
JMT heading up the turnpike:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_jonmichael/status/1349406173041094657

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 07:29 pm

Rambo ended up at Miami

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 15th, 2021 09:00 pm

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
2017 4-star Ryan Jones has entered the portal as a grad transfer; moved to LB he totaled 29 tackles, 2.5 TFL and 1 INT in 18 games at Oklahoma; transferred to East Carolina in 2020 but never enrolled

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 09:21 pm

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
·
3h
2018 4-star LB Mike Jones has entered the transfer portal after totaling 46 tackles, 7 TFL and 2 INT at Clemson

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 09:32 pm

Posted on 1 Dec

PFF Draft
@PFF_College
The best LBs in College FootballFace with look of triumph

K2C Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 09:39 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
·
3h
2018 4-star LB Mike Jones has entered the transfer portal after totaling 46 tackles, 7 TFL and 2 INT at Clemson

Apparently, we are in contact with Mike (from another source). I'm kind of surprised we are interested in another Rush linebacker. He must be special.

K2C Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 10:02 pm

A short video from Dusty D. about Wanya Morris. He also thinks Coach BB is not through with the portal.

via TFB.

https://www.news9.com/story/600baaa8d20f6f0bc10cdf3e/just-how-good-is-ous-transfer-tackle-wanya-morris

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 10:51 pm

got Lawrence the safety from Tenn.

K2C Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 10:53 pm

soonerBAS wrote:

Big Time BOOM! Highly rated Safety.

47Straight
DEPs

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '21 - “stayin positive and testin negative”
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 10:57 pm

Tweets:
Kegan Reneau

Lawrence a 6 foot 2, 200 pound defensive back with great length. Showed the ability to turn and run at corner early during Tennessee's 2020 season.

His best game, though? Playing in the box as a safety

Kegan Reneau

Lawrence has the frame to carry another 15-20 pounds, too. Fits the body type and athlete Alex Grinch wants in his secondary.

Monster get for Oklahoma.

Five years of eligibility remaining.

Brandon Drumm

Boom! #Sooners get commitment from #Vols transfer And former 4-star DB Key Lawrence!

Kegan Reneau

lol, I think we're going to be talking more about the Oklahoma Volunteers:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Lawrence was a Tennessee freshman in 2020, playing in 10 games as a backup safety and on special teams.
At Ensworth High School in Nashville, Lawrence was a consensus 4-star defensive back, ranked as the No. 6 safety in the nation and the No. 1 player in the state of Tennessee by the 247 Sports Composite.

Last edited on Mon Jan 25th, 2021 10:59 pm by 47Straight

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 11:06 pm

KE(Y)SHAWN LAWRENCE Money bagCCross markC
@KeShawn2x
Yall hate me now , but im fasho yall gone love me later Shushing face #oudna Sign of the hornsDown pointing backhand index #BoomerSooner Heavy large circleRaising hands

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 11:08 pm

I sometimes feel I need a cypher book to decode tweets.

“im fasho yall gone love ”

? I’m for sure you will all love?

Gandalf
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: You shall not pass!
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 11:15 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
I sometimes feel I need a cypher book to decode tweets.

“im fasho yall gone love ”

? I’m for sure you will all love?

We definitely need a decoder ring for the over 50 crowd, which I am one of.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 11:16 pm

Random thought about portal. If we somehow win the natty next year I bet we hear a lot about the portal and how its changed college football into a FA league.

Bama gets all these 5 stars but having said that when some are not as good as advertised it kind of ties their hands for a spell. Granted, the bench guy might be a five star too but basically less leave.

Then you have the rest of ncaa, where players aren’t as locked in so to speak and can make room for portal (FA) transfers. So in theory teams like OU with less 5 stars committed can reach into portal as a free FA period and lock down some talent and fill holes. Teams with vacancies can adapt to portal faster than teams with less.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Portal transfers usually have a chip for one reason or another and might put in more work to prove themselves. I enjoy this FA period! The other side of coin is the player has all the power as teams re-recruit them.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2021 11:20 pm

soonerBAS wrote:

From Tatoo:

Gandalf
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: You shall not pass!
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2021 12:40 am

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
Random thought about portal. If we somehow win the natty next year I bet we hear a lot about the portal and how its changed college football into a FA league
I agree but the good news is they only get one free jump from what I understand. We like it now but soon, it will likely bite the Sooners.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Feb 1st, 2021 07:40 pm

ISU:

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
Villanova transfer DB Jaquan Amos will be commiting tomorrow; final five are West Virginia, Virginia, Mississippi State, Kansas State and Iowa State

NCAA Transfer Portal Retweeted

Bill Seals
@williamseals
·
1h
***FOOTBALL RECRUITING*** Iowa State has secured a commitment from Villanova DB transfer Jaquan Amos, who will have one season of eligibility remaining. (FREE)

71Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Feb 1st, 2021 10:29 pm

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
Triple Option wrote:

Teams are allowed 110 scholarships for 2021, and it drops back to 85 for 2022.

Walt
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 5th, 2021 03:48 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
Proposal Idea

Every team who takes a transfer must pay the team he left $100,000. This pays the school something back for what they invested in the player.

Make it staggered like $25k after 1 year and $50k after 2 and then $100k 3 or more years.

This would only apply to P5 and large Independent schools. If they go to smaller ones no biggie.

And if going in conference it doubles.

Would also make receiving team have to manage who they take since it will cost them. Boosters can pay school for transfers so they feel wanted lol.

This way players are not getting paid yet schools losing players can recoup some of cost.

Please no!

This is the kind of thing that has literally killed professional sports. So, with the new rules coming in a couple of years to pay players and adding a paying the losing school for a transfer just gets this closer to losing this sport. Besides, for every kid who transfers the losing school is going to find a transfer to make up for the loss.

Current time is 03:54 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page