Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 5th, 2021 11:09 pm

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
Johnnytrey23 wrote:
gcruse7 wrote:
SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
About the numbers someone suggested 100 openings means 100 seats. But, if a team losing someone decides not to fill that spot from portal rather they want to save it for regular recruitment that means 1 less portal seat available. So you end up with more in portal than open seats. Its up to school how to use the open slot. They might decide to give it to walk on too, since some schools are all full that year and need to open a slot for that reason.

Thus the 100/100 is not gonna math out

You said what I was trying to say about the numbers in much fewer words. Well done!

I get what you guys are saying now. Basically, 100 portal guys leave and there are 100 spots but not necessarily for portal incoming. I get it, makes sense. All I’m saying is there are x number of spots at fbs teams. That number may change a little this year, but, mostly, it’s constant. There are no less or more players trying to get each of those spots. That hasn’t changed at all. If they weren’t good enough at one school, maybe they will be at another. I don’t see the problem.

Side note: I heard a couple of years ago that Kansas had like twelve scholarship players, exaggerating, they could take the bulk of the portal and maybe be competitive. Maybe.

Lol, now thats funny! Yet true!

Triple Option
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 5th, 2021 11:17 pm

Johnnytrey23 wrote:There are no less or more players trying to get each of those spots.
But it seems to me that since some guys won't be leaving who normally would be leaving (because of the extra year of eligibility), there WILL be more guys trying to get those spots than normal. You've got the same number as usual of young guys trying to come in, but fewer than normal older guys going out.

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 5th, 2021 11:20 pm

Triple Option wrote:
Johnnytrey23 wrote:There are no less or more players trying to get each of those spots.
But it seems to me that since some guys won't be leaving who normally would be leaving (because of the extra year of eligibility), there WILL be more guys trying to get those spots than normal. You've got the same number as usual of young guys trying to come in, but fewer than normal older guys going out.

Guys staying for the extra year don’t count against 85. Which is why i mentioned the number might be slightly different this year.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 04:37 am

Gandalf wrote:
Chandler Morris to TCU

And....drum roll please:

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
·
2h
2020 JUCO signee QB Stephon Brown has entered the transfer portal after redshirting this season at #TCU @rivalsmike@RivalsWoody

Triple Option
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 05:26 am

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
Triple Option wrote:

Guys staying for the extra year don’t count against 85. Which is why i mentioned the number might be slightly different this year.

OK, thanks!

Serenity Now

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 02:58 pm

I liked Mordecia and Morris. They both would have been good QB's for us before we were putting QB's in the NFL. We've jumped up in class a little bit now. Competition is tough.

Brisket

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 6th, 2021 04:13 pm

Same at WR. Rambo, for being the most experienced, elder statesman in that position group, simply was surpassed by several younger players, and would probably have been surpassed by even more of the incoming true freshmen. It's a good problem to have when you are able to stack multiple blue-chip players on top of others. Looking forward to the time when OU is able to do that on the DL, LB, & secondary...

Rambo has reminded me of former RB, Alex Ross - very fast straight-line speed, but very little agility or shiftiness. I wish him well. Speculation is he will reunite with his high school coach, Joey McGuire, at Baylor.

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 8th, 2021 03:34 am

Mike Farrell
@rivalsmike
·
2h
#Sooners DB Robert Barnes who is in the Portal hearing from #Spartans #Gamecocks #Duke #GoDucks and #WVU among others. Kid will be popular.
@r0bertbarnes

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 8th, 2021 03:42 am

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
2017 4-star OL Obinna Eze has entered the transfer portal after playing in 31 games at #Memphis including 25 starts at tackle
@rivalsmike

@RivalsWoody

@RivalsBmoss

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 9th, 2021 07:18 pm

Obviously with Stevenson going pro, which I understand, he has to take care of himself. No one else looks out for you. I'm sure they will find either a JUCO RB or a Portal RB...

Salt City Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 06:42 pm

JMT heading up the turnpike:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_jonmichael/status/1349406173041094657

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 07:24 pm

Salt City Sooner wrote:
JMT heading up the turnpike:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_jonmichael/status/1349406173041094657

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2021 07:29 pm

Rambo ended up at Miami

SoonerVikeThunder
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 15th, 2021 09:00 pm

NCAA Transfer Portal
@RivalsPortal
2017 4-star Ryan Jones has entered the portal as a grad transfer; moved to LB he totaled 29 tackles, 2.5 TFL and 1 INT in 18 games at Oklahoma; transferred to East Carolina in 2020 but never enrolled

Current time is 05:59 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3