Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Week 11 Pick'em Games are Up for Selection

Week 11 Pick'em Games are Up for Selection
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
EMan
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 17th, 2020 07:57 pm

Once again, this past weekend of college football was fraught with game postponements and cancelations. It was bad enough that we had to endure another week of the Sooners being off for a scheduled Bye week, but we also had to deal with several other games throughout the country being put on hold, or outright canceled as well. The Season of Covid continues. But that’s not to say there weren’t some down-to-the-wire contests to keep our interest. Baylor-Texas Tech, SMU-Tulsa, and Penn St.-Nebraska all came down to late fourth quarter dramatics. These games at least salvaged what otherwise would’ve been a rather mediocre day of college football.

And wouldn’t you know it, those games had major ramifications on our Week 10 Pick’em contest as well! Amazing how that works. And when the dust finally settled and it was all said and done it was gcruse7 taking the victory lap around our Pick’em track. Well done, gcruse! Your only loss was the resurgent Colorado Buffaloes going on the road and taking down the Stanford Cardinal. One game short of perfection. That’s pretty stout! Sitting in a tie for the runner-up position this week was yours truly, EMan and MHSooner. My only loss was in the Battle of the Winless, between Penn St. and Nebraska. (For us “old” guys, who would’ve ever believed that you’d see Penn St. and Nebraska play a game in mid-November with zero wins between them?!? Covid-induced or not! My how times have changed!) Rounding out the rest of our Top Five we had Soonerator sitting in fourth, followed by Bronco and bvillesooner2 in a tie for fifth. Nice week, everyone!

Meanwhile over in the race for our regular season crown, after five straight weeks without a change at the top, we’ve now had four consecutive weeks with a new player in the catbird seat each week. Our Top Five has been bouncing around like popcorn trying to escape hot oil. Every week a new contender has taken over the top of our leaderboard. This week bvillesooner2 has reascended to the Pick’em throne, currently owning a modest 14-point lead over runner-up MHSooner. But this is not just a two-horse race. Sitting in third and only 10 more points back is last week’s overall leader, IMAsooner, followed by SoonerLynx and SoonerRick46 in fourth and fifth respectively. In fact, there are eleven players less than 100 points from the lead, so this race is far from over. You can see all the year-to-date standings here.

So we move on to Week 11 with the Sooners back in action. Deadline for submittals this week will be 11 AM, Saturday, November 21st. You can access this week’s games by clicking on the “Pick’em” button at the top of the board, or by clicking here. This week our challenge includes:

Texas* @ Kansas
Indiana @ Ohio St.
Illinois @ Nebraska
UCLA @ Oregon
Mississippi @ Texas A&M
Arizona @ Washington
Kansas St. @ Iowa St.
Tennessee @ Auburn
Michigan @ Rutgers
Wisconsin @ Northwestern
Oklahoma St. @ Oklahoma
Missouri @ South Carolina
Michigan St. @ Maryland
Cincinnati @ Central Florida
Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh
California @ Oregon St.
Southern Cal @ Utah
Washington St. @ Stanford
Iowa @ Penn St.
LSU @ Arkansas

Once again, remember to make sure you get your picks in by 11 AM on Saturday, Nov. 21st. As a reminder, you can always go back before the deadline and change any pick you’ve made. Just use the “Review Pick” button on the Pick’em page to edit your selections. Good luck! And good pickin’!

OU Chinaman
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 17th, 2020 08:49 pm

...thanks EMan for not publicizing my "dead last" finish this past week.

My lead over K2C was short lived.

Seems anytime I overthink it, go as in depth as I can and really attempt to handicap the week's Pick 'Ems, it's an unmitigated disaster.

Best for me to just go in, and consider the games briefly and go with my first gut instinct.

CONGRATULATIONS TO gcruse7, and the 4 that followed him.

(I'm still here, K2C. It ain't over.)

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

Fly
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 17th, 2020 11:32 pm

I saw that :lol::lol::lol: Thats OK you been beating my
butt over all this year.

Fly:ou:

Echo
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Nov 18th, 2020 12:20 am

Congratulations gcruse7...awesome win.

MHSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2020 02:30 am

Congratulations gcruse7!! Well played....

:toast::toast::burningwhorns::toast:

EMan
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 20th, 2020 09:36 pm

Don't forget to get your picks in for this week. Here's who's in so far...

47Straight
Aries
Bronco
bvillesooner2
charliedontsurf
Chiefs58
Echo
EMan
Fiascosdad
Fly
IMAsooner
K2C Sooner