Print
AuthorPost
47Straight
DEPs

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature:  “stayin positive and testin negative”
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 04:17 pm

FOX College Football@CFBONFOXLevel 1:K-State QB Skylar Thompson is out for the season per Head Coach Chris Klieman

Kellis Robinett@KellisRobinett · 1hChris Klieman confirms K-State quarterback Skylar Thompson "is done for the year." He underwent surgery to fix an upper body injury last week. Will Howard will be the quarterback moving forward.

Attachment: 1 eggs esxpired.jpg (Downloaded 290 times)

Last edited on Mon Oct 12th, 2020 04:51 pm by 47Straight

ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 05:10 pm

I wondered what happened when I saw the stat line.

Soonerheart#1

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 08:57 pm

If OU win's out OU will have a good chance to play for the Big 12 title...probably against osu or isu

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 10:26 pm

Soonerheart#1 wrote:
If OU win's out OU will have a good chance to play for the Big 12 title...probably against osu or isu

The way I see it, OU is 1.5 and 2.5 games behind KSU and ISU. Depending on who wins their head to head. Right now 1.5 games behind osu with an unknown to be played. So that tells me osu needs to lose one. And it tells me it would be best if KSU’s wheels fell off. Then the goal is number two and get redemption.

ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 11:16 pm

Yep, either need ISU or KSU to crater and KSU is the best bet for that to happen with the loss of Skyler Thompson. It's still going to be a tight fit though, because the Big 12 is weak this year so KSU could still do well with their backup QB.

No playoffs is disappointing, but if OU can win the conference title in a down year for OU even if the conference is also in a down year, that doesn't bode well for anyone else winning the conference title but OU in future years.

Riley is still in the first phase of getting this program built. This phase consists of getting the 2nd string offensive players to be starter quality across the board on offense and getting the defense to the very good quality classification on the other side of the ball.

OU will be there on offense next season. As far as the defense, we'll see.

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 11:33 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:
Yep, either need ISU or KSU to crater and KSU is the best bet for that to happen with the loss of Skyler Thompson. It's still going to be a tight fit though, because the Big 12 is weak this year so KSU could still do well with their backup QB.

No playoffs is disappointing, but if OU can win the conference title in a down year for OU even if the conference is also in a down year, that doesn't bode well for anyone else winning the conference title but OU in future years.

Riley is still in the first phase of getting this program built. This phase consists of getting the 2nd string offensive players to be starter quality across the board on offense and getting the defense to the very good quality classification on the other side of the ball.

OU will be there on offense next season. As far as the defense, we'll see.

Agreed. Playoffs are gone. I’d say I wouldn’t even want them but I like a punchers chance. But to be honest they just don’t belong. Until the whole year unfolds and we see a crap ton of flawed teams. Conference championship would make me proud of this team. And at this point, that has to be the goal. Beyond winning the next game.

tmcats

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Oct 15th, 2020 07:57 pm

k-state is the best 3-phase team in the b12. but without skylar thompson the offense really takes a hit. I'm not sure the defense is good enough to carry the team. special teams are good, not great this year.

so, to my eye, it's down to oSu and iowa state. next week's game between them will bring some separation. but "bedlam" may be an afterthought by the time it's played.

clearly, ou and texas are in serious holes, albeit texas hasn't played any of the three, while the sooners are obviously 0-2.

Last edited on Thu Oct 15th, 2020 08:07 pm by tmcats

OU Chinaman
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Oct 15th, 2020 09:10 pm

tmcats wrote:
k-state is the best 3-phase team in the b12. but without skylar thompson the offense really takes a hit. I'm not sure the defense is good enough to carry the team. special teams are good, not great this year.

so, to my eye, it's down to oSu and iowa state. next week's game between them will bring some separation. but "bedlam" may be an afterthought by the time it's played.

clearly, ou and texas are in serious holes, albeit texas hasn't played any of the three, while the sooners are obviously 0-2.

...Bedlam is only an afterthought to OKLAHOMA.
NEVER to OwussU. (Series record is 89-18-7)

Klieman was a great hire for K-St. He already has as many wins vs. OU as Mike Gundy does.
The K-St win, in my eye, was due mainly to poor play by OKLAHOMA, not great play by K-St.
(Series record with K-St is 76-21-4)

Neither is considered a REAL Rivalry game.

Who knows? The Big 12 Title Game is ALWAYS a rematch.
Maybe, just maybe, OKLAHOMA & K-ST will meet again. :cool:

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

SoonerVikeThunder

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 02:23 pm

I don’t want us near the conf title game we need to learn this year and contend next. We are not ready for prime time and no reason to get too big a bowl and get blown out.

So, my next wish is for Iowa State to win Conf. Starving fanbase, great coach (for them) and friendly fanbase.

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 03:50 pm

I won't be surprised if there is a big clusterflk of teams with identical records at the top of the big12, there may be several with 2 losses, between players with the covid, teams canceling and rescheduling there is no way to predict what will happen this year down the stretch.

Zgeo
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 04:30 pm

Probably so, four teams with two losses or more....by with us losing to both ISU and KSU we have a very small chance of CCG.....those two will both be at two losses or less...which keeps us out of CCG....

Last edited on Fri Oct 16th, 2020 04:31 pm by Zgeo

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 05:31 pm

I would like to see us win the conference and go to a non-playoff bowl game. We probably aren't talented and experienced enough to be in the playoffs. But with covid disruptions and upsets, we could possible end up in second place in the conference and play in the conference championship game. Unlikely but possible, and if we can win out, we will be capable of beating ISU or OSU or whomever in a championship game. Better to aim for improvement and a shot at a ring, than to concede, whether we can make it or not.

tmcats

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 07:43 pm

OU Chinaman wrote:
tmcats wrote:

Klieman was a great hire for K-St. He already has as many wins vs. OU as Mike Gundy does.
The K-St win, in my eye, was due mainly to poor play by OKLAHOMA, not great play by K-St.

k-state is 4-5 over the last 9 v. ou and 10-13 over the last 23. naturally, we know your rival is texas followed by oSu. but suggesting ou gave the game this year's game to k-state is borderline texas arrogant.

Last edited on Fri Oct 16th, 2020 07:44 pm by tmcats

OU Chinaman
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 07:50 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
I don’t want us near the conf title game we need to learn this year and contend next. We are not ready for prime time and no reason to get too big a bowl and get blown out.

So, my next wish is for Iowa State to win Conf. Starving fanbase, great coach (for them) and friendly fanbase.

...You don't want us(OU) near the conf. title game???

We(OU) are not ready for prime time...???:?

No reason to get too big a bowl and get blown out???:?

Your next wish is for Iowa St to win Conf.???:?

Wishes, feelings, & beliefs are not tools of cognition.

The fact that someone wishes, feels, or believes something doesn't make it true.

I DO want us(OU) in the conf. title game, however slim the possibility. I want to continue the streak of 5 consecutive conf titles. Doesn't mean we will.:D

I think we(OU) are damn sure ready for prime time. Doesn't mean we are.:D

I do want as big a bowl game as we can get, and do NOT believe we'll be blown out. Doesn't mean we will or won't.:D

Understand, SVT, this is not an attack. You sometimes think if I disagree with you, I'm dissing you. I'm not.;)

We are different kinds of fans you & I.

I'm a POLLYANNA.
I'm the eternal optimist.
A true blue, devoted fan, no matter what.
A"sunshine pumper" if you will.

I still believe in SOONER MAGIC!

AND, I think there's a good chance we win out & could conceivably finish 2nd or in a tie for it.

Don't get upset. No offense intended.
Sincerely.

OU Chinaman
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Oct 17th, 2020 02:28 am

tmcats wrote: OU Chinaman wrote:
tmcats wrote:

k-state is 4-5 over the last 9 v. ou and 10-13 over the last 23. naturally, we know your rival is texas followed by oSu. but suggesting ou gave the game this year's game to k-state is borderline texas arrogant.
...BORDERLINE TEXASS ARROGANT???
I thought I was understating the OU dominance of the series with K-St.You're correct for the recent history. But really, the Wildcats haven't beaten the SOONERS back to back years since a half century ago. Likely before you were born.  If memory serves, OU once beat K-St. 75-0.   Seems I recall the 1971 SOONERS set the single game rushing record vs K-St and I believe it still stands.  Believe me young man, I know how "BIG" this victory was for your Wildcats.    I do.  And if I was really intending to demonstrate arrogance, I may have inadvertently hurt your feelings.  I CAN be arrogant, don't misunderstand, but I realize the shortcomings of the 2020 edition of the SOONERS.  But, I also know OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL'S Past is brighter than the future of any team in the Big 12's will ever be, including Texass!  Glad you're here.  Enjoy your posts. Once had a tailgate club, The Crimson Reign, & Fly & I stole it from the K-St Purple Reign.:cool:  Good old school MB here @ ST.  You're conf. competitors, and almost to a man the regulars here will be as respectful as anyone.  Then again, if you're here to joust, "I'm your huckleberry." Say when!:ou: :ou::ou: ::rice::     

soonerBAS
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Oct 17th, 2020 02:15 pm

what happens if.. just for something to use as an example the Baylor - OSU game can't be rescheduled. let's say it came down to OU, OSU, Baylor. OU beats both of them, they each have one loss but OU has 2 losses, but they played one less game against each other in which case one of them would have had two losses and we would own the tie breaker since we beat both but if they don't play they don't lose. this would be assuming that ISU and KSU both fall apart down the stretch.

my gut tells me OSU will be the one to fall apart in November and lose two or three but the above is just something that popped into my head about the craziness of this year and how it would it effect the tie-breakers, if you got to the end of the year and something like that was going on then the teams needing to make up a game would have a reason to not play.

or what if ISU or Baylor or both are sitting there with 2 losses but have a game canceled that they might have lost if played and had 3 losses. the virus kind of rules our future in a way.

Last edited on Sat Oct 17th, 2020 02:17 pm by soonerBAS

Current time is 03:20 am