Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Week 6 Pick'em Games are Up for Selection

Week 6 Pick'em Games are Up for Selection
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
EMan
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 02:26 pm

I’ve been to a lot of OU-Texas* games. As a matter of fact, this past Saturday marked my 50th straight and 55 of the last 56 Red River Rivalry games to see in person. Up until Monday morning however, it looked like 2020 was going to continue its assault on everything normal and I would end my streak at 49 straight, one short of the milestone 50th! But my roommate from my dorm days at OU came up with two last-minute tickets and somehow I ended up spending the second Saturday in October in the same place I’ve spent it practically my entire life. But in reality it was anything but an ordinary RRR weekend! No state fair, arriving an hour before kickoff and having NO traffic to deal with, not the usual pre-game atmosphere, having plenty of room to spread out in the stadium….well, it was different to say the least. But considering the outcome, I’m not going to complain! Any win over Texas* is a good win! Oh, by the way, my in-person record is 28-24-3. And if this turns out to be the last one I attend in person, well, it was certainly a memorable one! And a winner at that!

And speaking of winners, Spencer Rattler hitting Drake Stoops for the game-winner had nothing on Johnnytrey23 this weekend. JT23 was throwing darts of his own on Saturday, easily besting the rest of our field to post a dominating 20-point victory and lay claim to our Week 5 Pick’em bragging rights. Well done, JT! You shredded our lineup like Sherman’s march to the sea. Enjoy the spoils! Following JT we had a tie for our runner-up position between Chiefs58 and bvillesooner2, with K2C Sooner and StatesEye holding down fourth and fifth respectively.

Meanwhile, in the quest for our regular season title, MHSooner remains in the catbird seat for the 4th consecutive week. His latest challenger for the top spot is now bvillesooner2, returning to the Top Five for the first time since Week 1. SoonerRick46 remains in third, followed by K2C Sooner and IMAsooner to finish out our Top Five. You can see all the year-to-date standings here.

So with a win over Texas* in the books, the Sooners are taking the week off, but that doesn’t mean our Pick’em game takes a break! Nope, we press onward and head to Week 6. Deadline for submittals this week will be 11 AM, Saturday, October 17th. You can access this week’s games by clicking on the “Pick’em” button at the top of the board, or by clicking here. This week our list of teasers includes:

Clemson @ Georgia Tech
Kansas @ West Virginia
Vanderbilt @ Missouri
Louisville @ Notre Dame
LSU @ Florida
Boston College @ Virginia Tech
North Carolina @ Florida St.
Pittsburgh @ Miami (FL)
South Florida @ Temple
Army @ Texas-San Antonio
Texas A&M @ Mississippi St.
Georgia @ Alabama
Kentucky @ Tennessee
Cincinnati @ Tulsa
Duke @ No. Carolina St.
Mississippi @ Arkansas
Auburn @ South Carolina
Central Florida @ Memphis
Virginia @ Wake Forest
Navy @ East Carolina

Once again, remember to make sure you get your picks in by 11 AM on Saturday, Oct. 17th. As a reminder, you can always go back before the deadline and change any pick you’ve made. Just use the “Review Pick” button on the Pick’em page to edit your selections. Good luck.

Fly
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 02:31 pm

Man this has been a very hard year for pickems. But it makes it more fun.

Fly:ou:

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 04:12 pm

Worst to first baby!!!!

Echo
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2020 04:16 pm

Congratulations Johnnytrey23....you did a great job.
Eman...I am so happy that you got to go to the game. I don't know anyone else who has even gotten close to 50 Red River Rivalry games. So glad that it was a win.

Sooner42
DEPs

Country of Origin: ‘Merika
Signature: SOONER4LIFE
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 12:52 am

Florida has suspended football activities

Bronco

Country of Origin: Ireland
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 01:34 am

I think I've been to 50 OU-UT games. Could not prove it. I first went to the 1963 game. We lost. Have not missed many. Maybe 4 or 5.

EMan
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2020 12:32 pm

Just a reminder to get those picks in for this week. Here's who's in so far....

Aries
Bronco
bvillesooner2
charliedontsurf
Chiefs58
Echo
EMan
Fiascosdad
Fly
humblesooner
IMAsooner
K2C Sooner