Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sooners wearing BLM patch on uniforms

Sooners wearing BLM patch on uniforms
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Echo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Sep 15th, 2020 11:49 pm

I no longer watch pro sports and from the ratings over the weekend..viewership was down 25% for football.
I love college football but I am was so disappointed to see BLM patches on OU uniforms. I may have to walk away from it entirely. I don't know what their intention is but I think it's backfiring on them.

JohnDa5id

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 12:04 am

You guys crack me up.

Week after week after week this group was galvanized to protest in the most resounding terms the perceived disrespect of our flag brought on by prominent athletes kneeling during the playing of the National Anthem. The kneelers claimed they weren't disrespecting the flag, they were calling attention to a life and death problem: too many black men were dying at the hands of police forces too often.

A large majority of posting SoonerTimesers argued that the flag was sacrosanct and there was no issue or cause important enough to excuse failing to stand with respect during the Anthem. Several SoonerTimesers vowed to forsake televised sports in which the athletes carried out their intentionally provocative protests.

In this thread the justification/motivation for swearing off televised and in-person sports is that one cannot support in any way any team that allows or approves or provides undershirts and game uniforms affixed with a patch with the words "Black Lives Matter," "Athletes for Humanity," and a three-raised-fist "Unity" logo.

That just seems a bridge too far.

I won't attempt to persuade anyone that the athletes have a legitimate point, or that the millions of protesters weren't marxist satanists, because the last time I did that Walt closed the thread. At least I wasn't baned.

Also, IAAL, and in my opinion vows not to watch Spencer Rattler, et al., are not the kind of vows that have to be kept.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 12:19 am

EMan wrote:
Here's the problem with BLM. When a lot of us see "BLM," we associate it with the "organization," NOT the "movement." When teams put BLM on their jerseys or paint it on the field, we see it as support for BLM-The Organization and not a statement about social justice. Add that to the fact that most of us watch sports to escape the real world and not be reminded of it, much less preached to about it. It turns us off. I haven't watched a single second of any NBA, MLB, or NFL game since sports came back, and I'm not likely to anytime in the foreseeable future. And sadly, college football is pushing me to the limit. The powers-that-be better start getting a clue because the entire sporting world is taking a hit. Contrary to what many of these officials think, it's not going to get any better if they keep this up. I think a lot of us are more than willing to stick to our guns and not tune in if we continue to feel like our opinion dismissed.

Here's the problem with BLM. When a lot of us see "BLM," we associate it with the "organization," NOT the "movement." When teams put BLM on their jerseys or paint it on the field, we see it as support for BLM-The Organization and not a statement about social justice. Add that to the fact that most of us watch sports to escape the real world and not be reminded of it, much less preached to about it. It turns us off. I haven't watched a single second of any NBA, MLB, or NFL game since sports came back, and I'm not likely to anytime in the foreseeable future. And sadly, college football is pushing me to the limit. The powers-that-be better start getting a clue because the entire sporting world is taking a hit. Contrary to what many of these officials think, it's not going to get any better if they keep this up. I think a lot of us are more than willing to stick to our guns and not tune in if we continue to feel like our opinion dismissed.

I don't see much difference between the movement than the reality of what BLM is now, and that is a terrorist organization. They are anarchists and terrorists.

BLM and all of these professional athletes aren't interested in solving the problems of black Americans who live in poverty and grow up in a drug-ridden slum that is populated with drug dealers etc.

Not one of these professional athletes said a single word about the black children that have been murdered in places like Chicago where drugs are the choice of jobs to make money. What they focus on are the black adults who find themselves in trouble with the police and wind up getting killed due to their actions. Almost all of these recent killings of black adult men would have ended fully if they hadn't challenged the police.

I am positive that there is less than 10% of Oklahoma citizens that support BLM.

I sent Joe Castiglione aa couple of emails explaining how I felt about these issues, and he ignored my emails.

I believe we would be doing the OU administration a favor by putting pressure on them to reverse these kinds of decisions. Almost all of those who post here feel the same, and that is outrage at what is going on.

I didn't renew my 2020 season tickets and won't renew future season tickets—no more donations from me and no other support. I didn't even watch the Saturday game and won't.

SoonerinLA

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 12:22 am

As many of you heard, two of my county (LA)sheriff deputies were shot in the face without provocation the other night. On the night of the shooting, people blocked the hospital's emergency entrance and exits. One of the chants heard was the "no justice, no peace" crap from BLM. A few expressed hope the deputies would die. I am beyond outraged at the animal that did this and the people chanting at the hospital. You won't ever find a "we support BLM" sign in my yard."

But there is confusion about support for the organization BLM and support to reduce police brutality. I'm hoping our student athletes aren't supporting the BLM organization. If so I can live with the patch as the kids mean well but are uninformed. Terribly uninformed.

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature:  “stayin positive and testin negative”
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 12:36 am

EMan wrote: Here's the problem with BLM.  When a lot of us see "BLM" we associate it with the "organization", NOT the "movement."  When teams put BLM on their jerseys, or paint it on the field we see it as support for BLM-The Organization and not really a statement about social justice.  Add that to the fact that most of us watch sports to escape the real world and not be reminded of it, much less preached to about it, it turns us off.  I haven't watched a single second of any NBA, MLB or NFL game since sports came back and I'm not likely to anytime in the forseeable future.  And sadly, college football is pushing me to the limit.  The powers-that-be better start getting a clue because the entire sporting world is taking a hit.  And contrary to what many of these officials think, it's not going to get any better if they keep this up.  I think a lot of us are more than willing to stick to our guns and not tune in if we continue to feel like our opinion is being dismissed.

Attachment: 1 Chicken dinner a.jpg (Downloaded 281 times)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 11:11 am

SoonerinLA wrote:
As many of you heard, two of my county (LA)sheriff deputies were shot in the face without provocation the other night. On the night of the shooting, people blocked the hospital's emergency entrance and exits. One of the chants heard was the "no justice, no peace" crap from BLM. A few expressed hope the deputies would die. I am beyond outraged at the animal that did this and the people chanting at the hospital. You won't ever find a "we support BLM" sign in my yard."

But there is confusion about support for the organization BLM and support to reduce police brutality. I'm hoping our student athletes aren't supporting the BLM organization. If so I can live with the patch as the kids mean well but are uninformed. Terribly uninformed.

I've watched that video quite a few times and it makes me sick and angry at the same time. The perp appears to be no taller than the window of the police car and the perp runs like a kid.

I'm not giving any of these people who support the BLM any leeway regardless of their ignorance of what BLM really is. I hold those in the OU administration including the coaches responsible.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 11:19 am

The kneelers are too stupid too realize they are actually submitting by taking a knee and they are not actually protesting. Taking a knee has been an act of submission throughout history and in any culture.

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 02:18 pm

...my beef has always been with Professional Athletes and the Leagues that employ them.
I've said many times I support their right to protest.
They can do whatever they want.
So can I. And I choose to no longer watch their games.
Even if the kneeling, the patches, painted endzones, public service ads preaching at me were all to stop today, pretty doubtful I'll ever return.
I do still watch MLB occaisionally, but mostly watch the NHL for pro sports entertainment.

I'm going to give the OKLAHOMA SOONER student-athletes the benefit of the doubt.
Most of them are basically ignorant about the ways of the world. The political, philosophical world view of older adults.
Unfortunately, fewer and fewer of them seem to give an FBomb about respect, courtesy, or manners.

Most of them are clueless about BLM, the organization.
Who founded it. Who runs it. The BLM stated goals.
Kids today have brains that have been influenced by technology and social media. They've acquired different synapses, developed different neural pathways, and grown up in a cancel culture. No intellectual depth, no real understanding of issues or societal values.
Hell, look around. There's a child abusing priest in every neighborhood, depravity on TV & movies, atrocities on every news broadcast, disease on every doorstep and out of control government everywhere.
The days of carefree living are long gone.
Everyone is out for themselves and their tribe.
The only time I'm really relaxed is when I'm at home.
In my Bat Cave or Fortress of Solitude if you will.
When I walk out my door, I'm armed & quietly ready for war.
I will not be a target. I will not be a victim.
I will make a stark example of any attempt, by anyone, to make me either.

So, go ahead and wear your dumbass patch.
But remember this,

"ROARING IN THE MIRROR DOES NOT MAKE YOU A LION!"

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 03:39 pm

They know! https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alabama-mayor-resigns-after-slamming-crimson-tide-supporting-black-lives-n1232536

Fly

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 04:58 pm

Forgive the students all you want. However, I cannot accept this decision that was made by those that should know better. They are paid to know better. They are paid to have their finger on the pulse of the fan base. Not only that, they are paid to know what that organization ACTUALLY IS.

It's the fan base, the student athletes and the athletic department TOGETHER that keep this ship sailing. Take one away and down she goes.

Maybe those making the decisions believe “the masses” don’t understand what BLM is. I wouldn’t be surprised. The academic, ivory tower types have much disdain for the commoners. I know because I work amongst them.

Sooner football is very important to Oklahomans, but I guarantee you that there are far more important concerns to these same "dumb Okies". I'd be very surprised if this goes away easily. That's what "they" are hoping.....force it down our throats because we love our Sooners and "it's good for recruiting".....despicable!!!!

Not gonna happen with me. I don't care if the badges represent NRA, RNC, DNC, pro-life organizations, pro-choice organizations, whatever. The University of Oklahoma serves and represent the citizens of the State of Oklahoma as a whole. We damn sure don't serve the interests of the university or its football program.

I'll say it again.....a state institution that is funded by all taxpayers should not promote a political organization.....regardless of that political organization's aims. Maybe it's illegal, maybe it's not. I'll leave that to the attorneys. However, by the time this is settled in court, the damage will be done. How significant the damage is (the legitimization of a Marxist ideology rooted in "race warfare" rather than "class warfare") is anyone’s guess. Don’t think it can’t happen in this country. Hell…..look at the Pacific Northwest, right now!!!

If those patches are still there next game, then I will also start a letter-writing campaign. After that, with no results????? Well, the whole damn thing (university and athletic department) can wither and die as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited on Wed Sep 16th, 2020 05:06 pm by StatesEye

SoonerVikeThunder

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 05:28 pm

StatesEye, I agree with you. Problem is the Conf made it mandatory. It might seem the school can choose what type patch but Conf has to approve it. I think the Conf dictating is root of problem and choice of patch style is school problem.

—-

The Big 12 Requiring Social Justice Messages On Uniforms Kills Player Rights

by Gary Sheffield, Jr 7 days ago 28
The Big 12 Conference is requiring social justice messages on all uniforms as part of their “anti-racism” campaign. This plan will go into effect as early as this week that even says “players might be on the field for the National Anthem.”

Yes, you heard “might”.

“We want to start a conversation” quickly transformed into forced action didn’t it? A movement that seems less about a dialogue and more about control.

Big difference between allowing anti-racism messages rather than insisting on them. A literal stripping of the rights for any player to disengage with the movement. Remember the first amendment? The Big 12 isn’t interested in giving grown men the choice, so the conference made it for them.

https://www.outkick.com/the-big-12-requiring-social-justice-messages-on-uniforms-kills-player-rights/

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 05:59 pm

I shared this with another board member via private message some weeks ago. I'm going to share now because I very much believe it is relevant to OU sports right now. Many of you may already be aware of it. However.......

Below is a poster that was on the Smithsonian's National Museum of African-American History's website. It was eventually taken down due to "backlash"....actually it was just media coverage.....roaches run and hide when the lights come on.

I'm going to ask you all to look beyond the absolute absurdity that these are "bad" traits...at least MOST of them.

However, reflect on what Marxism is at it's core. There are many varieties but they all have one thing in common. The belief that all of society (what Marxists call "the base" and "superstructure") works together to empower the oppressor over the oppressed. In other words, the culture, behaviors, individual relationships, civil society, religion, politics, laws, written history, etc) are all developments and designs to maintain and increase exploitation. This is the fundamental assumption of Marxism. Furthermore, the "oppressed" should rise up a form a new base and construct a new superstructure that eliminates this oppression. Those that are too blind to recognize this should be "reeducated" or eliminated. It's all there for anyone to read and see about Marxism. Freaking READ ABOUT IT.

Now consider the history of nations where Marxism has actually taken political power.

Now consider that an elite and powerful cultural institution of the most powerful nation on the planet (the Smithsonian) is promoting this "base and superstructure" nonsense in that poster. The poster is not only cringeworthy it is downright chilling.

This website and the exhibit is controlled an operated by the same folks involved with BLM.

Call me chicken little..... I don't give a damn. It's there right in front of your face and IT IS NOT FRINGE.

In essence, BLM is taking the sick assumptions of Marxism (class warfare between capitalists and proletariat) and remaking the assumption into race warfare (oppressor whites vs "people of color"). I'm not sure how "whites" are to be reeducated from their "whiteness".

Call me racist.....again, I don't give a damn. This nation has come a long way from where we were at our founding....and by God the PRINCIPLES of the founding are what has transformed this nation from what it was then (a slave society in the south with most of the political power) to one where a "black" man name Barack Hussein Obama was elected to the highest office in the land. I never voted for him but I'm damn proud that his "race" or perceived heritage didn't deprive him of the opportunity. 

Yeah......"racist culture and society". Whatever.

Sorry.....I cannot abide this.

Last edited on Wed Sep 16th, 2020 06:02 pm by StatesEye

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 06:00 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote: StatesEye, I agree with you. Problem is the Conf made it mandatory. It might seem the school can choose what type patch but Conf has to approve it. I think the Conf dictating is root of problem and choice of patch style is school problem.

—-

The Big 12 Requiring Social Justice Messages On Uniforms Kills Player Rights

by Gary Sheffield, Jr 7 days ago 28
The Big 12 Conference is requiring social justice messages on all uniforms as part of their “anti-racism” campaign. This plan will go into effect as early as this week that even says “players might be on the field for the National Anthem.”

Yes, you heard “might”.

“We want to start a conversation” quickly transformed into forced action didn’t it? A movement that seems less about a dialogue and more about control.

Big difference between allowing anti-racism messages rather than insisting on them. A literal stripping of the rights for any player to disengage with the movement. Remember the first amendment? The Big 12 isn’t interested in giving grown men the choice, so the conference made it for them.

https://www.outkick.com/the-big-12-requiring-social-justice-messages-on-uniforms-kills-player-rights/
You can use any slogan or saying. I have absolutely no problem with that and I wholeheartedly support it, but do not use BLM slogan and logo. NO!!

Last edited on Wed Sep 16th, 2020 06:01 pm by StatesEye

gcruse7

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 07:27 pm

StatesEye wrote:
You can use any slogan or saying. I have absolutely no problem with that and I wholeheartedly support it, but do not use BLM slogan and logo. NO!!

This sums it up for me. The patch can say "Black Lives are Important"," We love People of Color", "Justice for All", I don't really care. But don't advertise for an offensive, dangerous political organization.

If someone wants to argue that Black Lives Matter is a movement and not just an organization, I'd say maybe in your mind, but unfortunately words matter. And BLM and Black Lives Matter has been hijacked by a Marxist political organization, and when people are encouraged to donate to BLM, it is going to them.

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 09:03 pm

gcruse7 wrote:
StatesEye wrote:

This sums it up for me. The patch can say "Black Lives are Important"," We love People of Color", "Justice for All", I don't really care. But don't advertise for an offensive, dangerous political organization.

If someone wants to argue that Black Lives Matter is a movement and not just an organization, I'd say maybe in your mind, but unfortunately words matter. And BLM and Black Lives Matter has been hijacked by a Marxist political organization, and when people are encouraged to donate to BLM, it is going to them.

I think we all agree on the above. I have NEVER heard one
person ever say that black life don't mater, NONE. But BLM is
using that slogen to promote there agenda of causing hate & divde our nation. That is just fact & if any can
not see that, then you are blind. I will not support a team or ANYONE that will support BLM organation.

I,m a American first & formost & will not sell my patriotism to any athlete pro or college.BLM wants
socialized goverment & is using the race card to drive
there movment.

Fly

SoonerVikeThunder

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 09:15 pm

Its pretty clear China has their hand in BLM, along with other anarchists.

Pro-Communist China Group Funding Black Lives Matter-Linked Organization

Edwin Mora16 Sep 2020

The pro-communist China group, the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) in San Francisco, is actively funding a venture by Black Lives Matter (BLM) co-founder and unabashedly anti-capitalist Alicia Garza.

On Tuesday, the Daily Signal first revealed that the Marxist-oriented CPA in San Francisco was handling donations for the Black Futures Lab group, described as the lobbying arm of Garza’s global “revolutionary empire.”

Clicking on the “Donate” button of the project’s website redirects visitors to a San Francisco CPA page that says, “Black Futures Lab is a fiscally sponsored project of the Chinese Progressive Association. CPA is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization.”

Read more:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/16/pro-communist-china-group-funding-black-lives-matter-linked-organization/

soonervol2

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 09:58 pm

StatesEye wrote:
If those patches are still there next game, then I will also start a letter-writing campaign. After that, with no results????? Well, the whole damn thing (university and athletic department) can wither and die as far as I'm concerned.
I am thinking of asking one of the sports reporter (outside the university) to see if the athletic department understands the concerns/issues with this patch.

JackStraw

Country of Origin: If your head comes away from your neck, it's over.
Signature: IN THE END, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 10:02 pm

".....roaches run and hide when the lights come on."

I was wondering what Joe Biden meant when he said "I learned about roaches...".

Soonerheart1

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Sep 17th, 2020 01:49 am

soonervol2 wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
I am thinking of asking one of the sports reporter (outside the university) to see if the athletic department understands the concerns/issues with this patch.
I hope that you do.

There is plenty of evidence showing that the BLM organization supports the killing of police officers, other violence and are Marxist trained and are using tactics of intimidation.

The local media isn't going to ask hard questions because they are either in bed with BLM or have been silenced.

OU officials have become complicit with the actions of BLM...If they won't stop it's time to make major personal decisions.

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 06:24 pm

https://oklahoman.com/article/5672065/tulsa-churches-express-solidarity-through-black-lives-matter-murals

Just wondering what posters think since this is church support not athletes

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 06:41 pm

SoonerMike wrote:
https://oklahoman.com/article/5672065/tulsa-churches-express-solidarity-through-black-lives-matter-murals

Churches are not a governmental institution supported by the taxpayers of the great state of Oklahoma. Churches can do whatever their congregation wants to do.

OU is an Oklahoma owned institution, therefore supporting political candidates and political organizations is a definite no-no. It is blatantly illegal for OU to do either.

Gandalf

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 06:42 pm

SoonerMike wrote:

That is their right and option even if I disagree with their position. The difference is OU is a public entity and not a private one like a church. Apples and oranges.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 07:14 pm

I thought BLM stood for Bums Love Marxism?

gcruse7

Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 07:30 pm

I was just checking the BlackLivesMatter website and I found something very curious. For months they proudly displayed their statement of beliefs on their website, which made it pretty easy to logically debate their positions.

Now their statement of beliefs are nowhere to be found. I imagine that someone with a little more political savvy counseled them that it is easier to indocrinate the masses (especially with the media as your cheer leaders) if you don't let the masses know what your goals really are.

Just wait, in a few months they will claim that they aren't really trying to redefine the nuclear family, like their statement of beliefs used to state clearly.

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 07:41 pm

...another example of the moral bankruptcy, the ethical shortcomings, the political corruption and the intellectual dishonesty of those on the political left.

IMO, the Democ-Rat Party has become a CULT!:cool:

oklahomazeppelin

Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 10:44 pm

OK. I'm done with this board.

"Black Lives Matter." That bothers you? What fragile egos some of you have. Offended by the "MATTER." Wow.

And stop it with the "Marxist" fake news your Russian bots are telling you about.

You really should go to Washington DC's African American Museum. It took 100 years to get that built -- literally, that's how long efforts were made for it. It's free. You go down several stories and work your way up, back up to the ground level. It's chronological. And damning. I will never forget the faces of two African American five-year-old grandkids, being held by their grandma presumably, walking through the Emmitt Till exhibit. I was in tears. The museum ends before you reach ground level, suggesting for the community that 'we've come a long way, but we're not quite there yet. Not quite equal.'

And when people get upset by the word MATTER, you know there's a good point.

I have traveled all over the world. I have seen hundreds of museums. It is overwhelmgingly the most important museum in the USA. And one of the most powerful in the world.

You should go.

A week after I went, someone -- surely a Republican, be honest -- left a NOOSE at the museum entrance.

Deplorable.

Best of luck.

Bye.

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 11:02 pm

oklahomazeppelin wrote: OK. I'm done with this board.

"Black Lives Matter." That bothers you? What fragile egos some of you have. Offended by the "MATTER." Wow.

And stop it with the "Marxist" fake news your Russian bots are telling you about.

You really should go to Washington DC's African American Museum. It took 100 years to get that built -- literally, that's how long efforts were made for it. It's free. You go down several stories and work your way up, back up to the ground level. It's chronological. And damning. I will never forget the faces of two African American five-year-old grandkids, being held by their grandma presumably, walking through the Emmitt Till exhibit. I was in tears. The museum ends before you reach ground level, suggesting for the community that 'we've come a long way, but we're not quite there yet. Not quite equal.'

I have traveled all over the world. I have seen hundreds of museums. It is overwhelmgingly the most important museum in the USA. And one of the most powerful in the world.

You should go.

A week after I went, someone -- surely a Republican, be honest -- left a NOOSE at the museum entrance.

Deplorable.

Best of luck.

Bye....your post tacitly indicates that because some here do not support the Black Lives Matter Organization, you believe they/we are racist. 
A lot of folks here believe the same way you do, but that never bothers an extremist.
Toss the baby out with the bath water, right?
Or, perhaps you've been offended. 
Not you or I or anyone else has a right to NOT BE OFFENDED.
Your righteous self-indignation fairly drips from your post.
I think probably, leaving IS your best option, OKZEP!

Well,...

...BYE!

soonervol2

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 11:17 pm

oklahomazeppelin wrote:
OK. I'm done with this board.

You should go.

Deplorable.

Best of luck.

Bye.

You think we are weak... you're offended by this topic then you run away.

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 21st, 2020 11:47 pm

As we are all Sooner fans we have a link that should allow us to discuss issues without becoming polarized .... My understanding is the BLM organization has nothing to with racial equality or with supporting black lives. The use of the term BLM was a cover by a Marxist organization to further their views and activities by hiding behind the name BLM. The Marxist organization is dedicated to the overthrow of the government nothing less.

All lives matter we can all agree on that. There are no lives that don’t matter.

Herschel Walker , obviously a very prominent black athlete, has spoken clearly on this issue and explicitly stated that the BLM organization is a Marxist group not a racial equality group.

I still think it is illegal for the University to promote a political group of any type, including BLM.

If anyone has proof that I am wrong on any of this, please post it.

Last edited on Mon Sep 21st, 2020 11:58 pm by Zgeo

Current time is 12:12 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3