SoonerSports.com link
Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sooners wearing BLM patch on uniforms


Sooners wearing BLM patch on uniforms
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Fly
Member
 

Joined: Sat Sep 3rd, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 1151
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 02:12 am

Quote

Reply
It seems the sooners had BLM patches on there uniforms from report?
Do any of you know about this.

Fly :ou:

Fly
Member
 

Joined: Sat Sep 3rd, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 1151
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 02:22 am

Quote

Reply
I guess most college teams are. As much as I hate to say this

I,m threw with college football.

I will miss you guys

Soonerheart1
Member
 

Joined: Sat Aug 17th, 2019
Location: Oklahoma USA
Posts: 203
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:07 am

Quote

Reply
Fly wrote:
It seems the sooners had BLM patches on there uniforms from report?
Do any of you know about this.

Fly :ou:

OU wore them.

They made their statement but they now need to understand that anything associated with Marxism is going to cause a loss of support for OU and contribute to the division in this nation.

Many people fail to understand the fact of how evil and racist Marxism is. If you are for equality BLM isn't as a national organization.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator
 

Joined: Tue Jul 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 15820
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:31 am

Quote

Reply
Does the LM stand for "Loves Marxism"? Yep.

tbmguy
Member
 

Joined: Fri Dec 8th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 448
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:41 am

Quote

Reply
Fly wrote:
I guess most college teams are. As much as I hate to say this

I,m threw with college football.

I will miss you guys


I'm taking a break from college football. I'm hoping they'll un-woke the **** up at some point. In the mean time I'll learn about what's going on from you guys.

I'll just spend my Saturdays the same way I do the rest of the year. Which really isn't such a bad thing.

Zgeo
Member


Joined: Fri Sep 6th, 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1636
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:36 am

Quote

Reply
They should look at who founded BLM and the goals of BLM...it is 100% Marxism, BLM wants to overthrow the government...duh....

soonervol2
Member
 

Joined: Fri Aug 28th, 2015
Location: South Florida , Florida USA
Posts: 42
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Online
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 10:01 am

Quote

Reply
http://www.oudaily.com/gallery/photos-ou-sooners-play-missouri-state-in-covid-distanced-2020-football-season-opener/collection_b0668302-f545-11ea-8d78-e368b99328ab.html#anchor_item_1

Dragon 14
Member
 

Joined: Thu Oct 17th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 13
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 11:40 am

Quote

Reply
I was watching the Kan. St game until I saw they were
wearing blm on their jersey's. No more.

gcruse7
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 15th, 2007
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 1161
Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:21 pm

Quote

Reply
I don't know if it matters to any of you, but from the pictures that I saw, the BLM insignias were on their undershirts, not on the jerseys that are seen.

I might liken it to a team remaining in the locker room rather than being on the field for the national anthem. It may not be the same as standing respectfully for the anthem, but it is surely different than kneeling during the anthem.

While I don't agree with advertising BLM because of what the political organization is promoting, which does nothing to help black lives, having it on their underwear is significantly less offensive to me than if it was on the crimson jersey.

To fully reflect the values of the black lives matter organization, if I was going to but it on my underwear, I'd put it on the back of my shorts, rather than on my chest.

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:22 pm by gcruse7

Triple Option
Member


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO
Posts: 3346
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:46 pm

Quote

Reply
gcruse7 wrote:
I don't know if it matters to any of you, but from the pictures that I saw, the BLM insignias were on their undershirts, not on the jerseys that are seen.

I might liken it to a team remaining in the locker room rather than being on the field for the national anthem. It may not be the same as standing respectfully for the anthem, but it is surely different than kneeling during the anthem.

While I don't agree with advertising BLM because of what the political organization is promoting, which does nothing to help black lives, having it on their underwear is significantly less offensive to me than if it was on the crimson jersey.

To fully reflect the values of the black lives matter organization, if I was going to but it on my underwear, I'd put it on the back of my shorts, rather than on my chest.

This is kind of what I've been thinking. Maybe I'm just looking for a way to keep watching games, but I also want to be fair. I've never had the expectation that all athletes or other entertainers agree with me politically. I just don't want their politics shoved in my face, especially if done in a way that disrespects the flag or the national anthem. What they wear in practice or even pre-game or on their underwear is more of an internal matter and doesn't really affect me. If I'm going to insist they agree with me, then it seems like I'm doing the same thing that I resent them doing to me.

bigedell
Member
 

Joined: Thu Jul 30th, 2009
Location: Ardmore, Oklahoma USA
Posts: 2099
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:56 pm

Quote

Reply
I've really been back and forth on this one. On one hand, I agree that these kids should be allowed to believe anything they want, as that's part of the freedom this country is built on.

On the other hand, I've actually spent quite a bit of time researching the BLM movement, and they care NOTHING for black lives, (as stated here before), and are simply a political organization that spends their donation money getting their candidates elected.

In the end, I don't have to like what someone says to respect their right to say it. As long as they are not being Lebron James and outright lying while trying to use words they don't understand ("sedue", anyone? [beating face]), I'll support the team.

soonerBAS
Member
 

Joined: Fri Nov 17th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 1393
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:59 pm

Quote

Reply
Triple Option wrote:
gcruse7 wrote:
I don't know if it matters to any of you, but from the pictures that I saw, the BLM insignias were on their undershirts, not on the jerseys that are seen.

I might liken it to a team remaining in the locker room rather than being on the field for the national anthem. It may not be the same as standing respectfully for the anthem, but it is surely different than kneeling during the anthem.

While I don't agree with advertising BLM because of what the political organization is promoting, which does nothing to help black lives, having it on their underwear is significantly less offensive to me than if it was on the crimson jersey.

To fully reflect the values of the black lives matter organization, if I was going to but it on my underwear, I'd put it on the back of my shorts, rather than on my chest.

This is kind of what I've been thinking. Maybe I'm just looking for a way to keep watching games, but I also want to be fair. I've never had the expectation that all athletes or other entertainers agree with me politically. I just don't want their politics shoved in my face, especially if done in a way that disrespects the flag or the national anthem. What they wear in practice or even pre-game or on their underwear is more of an internal matter and doesn't really affect me. If I'm going to insist they agree with me, then it seems like I'm doing the same thing that I resent them doing to me.


I pretty much agree, what they wear on their underwear isn't a big concern to me, i'm looking forward to watching some football this fall.

Things that have made me mad was the over the top actions of the NBA and it's players, can't say I watched much of the NBA to begin with but I have no desire to watch it at all now

The way the media and other athletes ganged up on Drew Brees for saying what he believed I thought that was disgusting and bullying at it's best, or worst I guess.

I didn't like it when Lincoln Riley came out and said those of us who don't agree with the protesting just don't get it or just don't understand, it's like you are being called stupid for having an opinion that differs from his, I lost some respect for Lincoln over that one.

friedgreensooner
Member
 

Joined: Tue Nov 6th, 2018
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 6
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 02:16 pm

Quote

Reply
I think Lincoln is just ignorant. I don't think he's pro-Marxism. He is walking a tight-rope in recruiting, and probably doesn't investigate on purpose. I too lost a ton of respect for him, just as I did Drew Brees.

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 873
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:15 pm

Quote

Reply
I'm wrestling with this also and inclined to overlook for the reasons mentioned by several above. But apparently there's a patch on the uniforms(?)

http://ww.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-wear-black-lives-matter-patches-on-uniforms-ahead-of-missouri-state-game/article_26c96732-f544-11ea-ae92-1334a0ee4b76.html

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:25 pm by pippen

StatesEye
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1196
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:40 pm

Quote

Reply
No excuses...


A political organization has no business being promoted by a state institution. PERIOD!

Even much more so a controversial, divisive, and Marxist one, at that!

StatesEye
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1196
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:42 pm

Quote

Reply
Frankly..... I'd much rather they kneel for the anthem than for the University of Oklahoma to promote that group.

Blatant promotion....phrase and emblem. I'll even compromise. Have shirts with the lettering "WE BELIEVE BLACK LIVES MATTER", but not whole part and parcel plastering the phrase and logo. Might as well be the hammer and sickle.

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:47 pm by StatesEye

Dragon 14
Member
 

Joined: Thu Oct 17th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 13
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:46 pm

Quote

Reply
I would bet the ranch and all the livestock that the
Kan. St. uniforms had the blm on the left side of their
shoulder pads. That's what I remember from the very short
time I watched the game. If I'm wrong I apologize.

SoonerMachine
Member
 

Joined: Thu Nov 29th, 2007
Location: California USA
Posts: 559
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:50 pm

Quote

Reply
Bolsheviks
Love
Misery...

Not one single dollar to anyone who supports this nonsense!

Sooner Schemer
Member


Joined: Tue Sep 11th, 2007
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 141
Country of Origin: 
Signature: The Dog Mumbler
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:59 pm

Quote

Reply
They should not be supporting the Bureau of Land Management. Or that other group.

AllSooner
Member


Joined: Mon Sep 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 1072
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Online
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:04 pm

Quote

Reply
Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?

StatesEye
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1196
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:20 pm

Quote

Reply
AllSooner wrote: Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?
There is no patch on the jersey. It a patch on the warmup shirts the players are wearing. If the university (i.e. athletic department) paid for and distributed these shirts to the players, then yes, the organization is being promoted by the university.

47Straight
Member


Joined: Tue Aug 14th, 2007
Location: Amarillo
Posts: 8527
Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature:  “stayin positive and testin negative”
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:25 pm

Quote

Reply
Soonerheart1 wrote: Fly wrote:
It seems the sooners had BLM patches on there uniforms from report?
Do any of you know about this.

Fly :ou:

OU wore them.

They made their statement but they now need to understand that anything associated with Marxism is going to cause a loss of support for OU and contribute to the division in this nation.

Many people fail to understand the fact of how evil and racist Marxism is. If you are for equality BLM isn't as a national organization.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-wear-black-lives-matter-patches-on-uniforms-ahead-of-missouri-state-game/article_26c96732-f544-11ea-ae92-1334a0ee4b76.html

StatesEye
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1196
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:25 pm

Quote

Reply

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:27 pm by StatesEye

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 873
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:30 pm

Quote

Reply
Anyone have any uniform pictures from the game showing the area above the Big XII logo?

StatesEye
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1196
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:31 pm

Quote

Reply

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:33 pm by StatesEye

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 873
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:31 pm

Quote

Reply
And does anyone know whether all of the players wore the t-shirts? Or were required to do so?

gcruse7
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 15th, 2007
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 1161
Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:44 pm

Quote

Reply
StatesEye wrote:



Again, these were their undershirts. I didn't see anything on their uniforms.

I agree the university has no business promoting a political organization. I would not be surprised if there are state laws that specifically forbid that.

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 873
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:45 pm

Quote

Reply
This twitter picture in this link seems to show the patch on the uniforms in practice at least
 

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-wear-black-lives-matter-patches-on-uniforms-ahead-of-missouri-state-game/article_26c96732-f544-11ea-ae92-1334a0ee4b76.html

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:47 pm by pippen

Salt City Sooner
Member
 

Joined: Mon Sep 3rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1049
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:49 pm

Quote

Reply
StatesEye wrote:
AllSooner wrote: Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?
There is no patch on the jersey. It a patch on the warmup shirts the players are wearing. If the university (i.e. athletic department) paid for and distributed these shirts to the players, then yes, the organization is being promoted by the university.

It’s on their jerseys; right shoulder, just above the Big12 logo.

StatesEye
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 27th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1196
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:52 pm

Quote

Reply
Salt City Sooner wrote: StatesEye wrote:
AllSooner wrote: Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?
There is no patch on the jersey. It a patch on the warmup shirts the players are wearing. If the university (i.e. athletic department) paid for and distributed these shirts to the players, then yes, the organization is being promoted by the university.

It’s on their jerseys; right shoulder, just above the Big12 logo.
Just keep getting better......if true. I have not seen pics of that yet.


 Current time is 12:35 am
Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez