Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sooners wearing BLM patch on uniforms

Sooners wearing BLM patch on uniforms
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 02:12 am

It seems the sooners had BLM patches on there uniforms from report?
Do any of you know about this.

Fly :ou:

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 02:22 am

I guess most college teams are. As much as I hate to say this

I,m threw with college football.

I will miss you guys

Soonerheart1

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:07 am

Fly wrote:

OU wore them.

They made their statement but they now need to understand that anything associated with Marxism is going to cause a loss of support for OU and contribute to the division in this nation.

Many people fail to understand the fact of how evil and racist Marxism is. If you are for equality BLM isn't as a national organization.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:31 am

Does the LM stand for "Loves Marxism"? Yep.

tbmguy

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:41 am

Fly wrote:
I guess most college teams are. As much as I hate to say this

I,m threw with college football.

I will miss you guys

I'm taking a break from college football. I'm hoping they'll un-woke the **** up at some point. In the mean time I'll learn about what's going on from you guys.

I'll just spend my Saturdays the same way I do the rest of the year. Which really isn't such a bad thing.

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:36 am

They should look at who founded BLM and the goals of BLM...it is 100% Marxism, BLM wants to overthrow the government...duh....

soonervol2

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 10:01 am

http://www.oudaily.com/gallery/photos-ou-sooners-play-missouri-state-in-covid-distanced-2020-football-season-opener/collection_b0668302-f545-11ea-8d78-e368b99328ab.html#anchor_item_1

Dragon 14

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 11:40 am

I was watching the Kan. St game until I saw they were
wearing blm on their jersey's. No more.

gcruse7

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:21 pm

I don't know if it matters to any of you, but from the pictures that I saw, the BLM insignias were on their undershirts, not on the jerseys that are seen.

I might liken it to a team remaining in the locker room rather than being on the field for the national anthem. It may not be the same as standing respectfully for the anthem, but it is surely different than kneeling during the anthem.

While I don't agree with advertising BLM because of what the political organization is promoting, which does nothing to help black lives, having it on their underwear is significantly less offensive to me than if it was on the crimson jersey.

To fully reflect the values of the black lives matter organization, if I was going to but it on my underwear, I'd put it on the back of my shorts, rather than on my chest.

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:22 pm by gcruse7

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:46 pm

gcruse7 wrote:
I don't know if it matters to any of you, but from the pictures that I saw, the BLM insignias were on their undershirts, not on the jerseys that are seen.

I might liken it to a team remaining in the locker room rather than being on the field for the national anthem. It may not be the same as standing respectfully for the anthem, but it is surely different than kneeling during the anthem.

While I don't agree with advertising BLM because of what the political organization is promoting, which does nothing to help black lives, having it on their underwear is significantly less offensive to me than if it was on the crimson jersey.

To fully reflect the values of the black lives matter organization, if I was going to but it on my underwear, I'd put it on the back of my shorts, rather than on my chest.

This is kind of what I've been thinking. Maybe I'm just looking for a way to keep watching games, but I also want to be fair. I've never had the expectation that all athletes or other entertainers agree with me politically. I just don't want their politics shoved in my face, especially if done in a way that disrespects the flag or the national anthem. What they wear in practice or even pre-game or on their underwear is more of an internal matter and doesn't really affect me. If I'm going to insist they agree with me, then it seems like I'm doing the same thing that I resent them doing to me.

bigedell

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:56 pm

I've really been back and forth on this one. On one hand, I agree that these kids should be allowed to believe anything they want, as that's part of the freedom this country is built on.

On the other hand, I've actually spent quite a bit of time researching the BLM movement, and they care NOTHING for black lives, (as stated here before), and are simply a political organization that spends their donation money getting their candidates elected.

In the end, I don't have to like what someone says to respect their right to say it. As long as they are not being Lebron James and outright lying while trying to use words they don't understand ("sedue", anyone? [beating face]), I'll support the team.

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 01:59 pm

Triple Option wrote:
gcruse7 wrote:

This is kind of what I've been thinking. Maybe I'm just looking for a way to keep watching games, but I also want to be fair. I've never had the expectation that all athletes or other entertainers agree with me politically. I just don't want their politics shoved in my face, especially if done in a way that disrespects the flag or the national anthem. What they wear in practice or even pre-game or on their underwear is more of an internal matter and doesn't really affect me. If I'm going to insist they agree with me, then it seems like I'm doing the same thing that I resent them doing to me.

I pretty much agree, what they wear on their underwear isn't a big concern to me, i'm looking forward to watching some football this fall.

Things that have made me mad was the over the top actions of the NBA and it's players, can't say I watched much of the NBA to begin with but I have no desire to watch it at all now

The way the media and other athletes ganged up on Drew Brees for saying what he believed I thought that was disgusting and bullying at it's best, or worst I guess.

I didn't like it when Lincoln Riley came out and said those of us who don't agree with the protesting just don't get it or just don't understand, it's like you are being called stupid for having an opinion that differs from his, I lost some respect for Lincoln over that one.

friedgreensooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 02:16 pm

I think Lincoln is just ignorant. I don't think he's pro-Marxism. He is walking a tight-rope in recruiting, and probably doesn't investigate on purpose. I too lost a ton of respect for him, just as I did Drew Brees.

pippen

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:15 pm

I'm wrestling with this also and inclined to overlook for the reasons mentioned by several above. But apparently there's a patch on the uniforms(?)

http://ww.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-wear-black-lives-matter-patches-on-uniforms-ahead-of-missouri-state-game/article_26c96732-f544-11ea-ae92-1334a0ee4b76.html

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:25 pm by pippen

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:40 pm

No excuses...

A political organization has no business being promoted by a state institution. PERIOD!

Even much more so a controversial, divisive, and Marxist one, at that!

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:42 pm

Frankly..... I'd much rather they kneel for the anthem than for the University of Oklahoma to promote that group.

Blatant promotion....phrase and emblem. I'll even compromise. Have shirts with the lettering "WE BELIEVE BLACK LIVES MATTER", but not whole part and parcel plastering the phrase and logo. Might as well be the hammer and sickle.

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:47 pm by StatesEye

Dragon 14

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:46 pm

I would bet the ranch and all the livestock that the
Kan. St. uniforms had the blm on the left side of their
shoulder pads. That's what I remember from the very short
time I watched the game. If I'm wrong I apologize.

SoonerMachine

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:50 pm

Bolsheviks
Love
Misery...

Not one single dollar to anyone who supports this nonsense!

Sooner Schemer

Country of Origin: 
Signature: The Dog Mumbler
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 03:59 pm

They should not be supporting the Bureau of Land Management. Or that other group.

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:04 pm

Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:20 pm

AllSooner wrote: Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?
There is no patch on the jersey. It a patch on the warmup shirts the players are wearing. If the university (i.e. athletic department) paid for and distributed these shirts to the players, then yes, the organization is being promoted by the university.

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature:  “stayin positive and testin negative”
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:25 pm

Soonerheart1 wrote: Fly wrote:

OU wore them.

They made their statement but they now need to understand that anything associated with Marxism is going to cause a loss of support for OU and contribute to the division in this nation.

Many people fail to understand the fact of how evil and racist Marxism is. If you are for equality BLM isn't as a national organization.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-wear-black-lives-matter-patches-on-uniforms-ahead-of-missouri-state-game/article_26c96732-f544-11ea-ae92-1334a0ee4b76.html

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:25 pm

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:27 pm by StatesEye

pippen

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:30 pm

Anyone have any uniform pictures from the game showing the area above the Big XII logo?

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:31 pm

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:33 pm by StatesEye

pippen

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:31 pm

And does anyone know whether all of the players wore the t-shirts? Or were required to do so?

gcruse7

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:44 pm

StatesEye wrote:

Again, these were their undershirts. I didn't see anything on their uniforms.

I agree the university has no business promoting a political organization. I would not be surprised if there are state laws that specifically forbid that.

pippen

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:45 pm

This twitter picture in this link seems to show the patch on the uniforms in practice at least

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-wear-black-lives-matter-patches-on-uniforms-ahead-of-missouri-state-game/article_26c96732-f544-11ea-ae92-1334a0ee4b76.html

Last edited on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:47 pm by pippen

Salt City Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:49 pm

StatesEye wrote:
AllSooner wrote: Does the patch on the jersey signify that the University is supporting the BLM movement?
There is no patch on the jersey. It a patch on the warmup shirts the players are wearing. If the university (i.e. athletic department) paid for and distributed these shirts to the players, then yes, the organization is being promoted by the university.

It’s on their jerseys; right shoulder, just above the Big12 logo.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:52 pm

Salt City Sooner wrote: StatesEye wrote:

It’s on their jerseys; right shoulder, just above the Big12 logo.
Just keep getting better......if true. I have not seen pics of that yet.

Current time is 12:35 am
Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page