Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > Music/Videos/Movies/Books > Any Heavy Metal/Hard Rock fans here?

Any Heavy Metal/Hard Rock fans here?
 Moderated by: sybil  

Print
AuthorPost
frou

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2020 01:02 pm

Did not see a Heavy Metal thread so I thought I'd start one unless there is one I did not see.

What was your latest album purchase? Mine is the new Lamb Of God and I love it so far!! We may see a ton of new music thanks to this virus but,,,bring on the new tunes!!

K2C Sooner
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Sep 15th, 2020 04:35 pm

Guess not frou, but you have a few fans on here from your Rival posting days. I hope you join in on the Sports board.;):beer::dude:

WarHog38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 18th, 2021 04:02 am

frou wrote: Did not see a Heavy Metal thread so I thought I'd start one unless there is one I did not see.

What was your latest album purchase? Mine is the new Lamb Of God and I love it so far!! We may see a ton of new music thanks to this virus but,,,bring on the new tunes!!I'm a US/Euro metal collector of the 1980's which was the genesis of present day metal.  I don't consider US hair metal bands as metal.  They are better produced versions of old hard rock bands.   Metallica is a US metal band and a few other Independent label US examples.  However pathetic in numbers compared to Europe where metal was a absolute huge phenomenon in the 1980's.   Most all European metal bands have English lyrics except French & Spanish metal bands, most eastern bloc European metal bands are native tongue as well.   I will give several examples.  First Italian Strana Officina translated as Mechanic shop.   Short lived as two brothers within the band died in a car wreck. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqx9V-S-rpA
This second is a Spanish band singing in Spanish.  Obus means Artillery Shell. Song title is Dirty Trick.   They sound like early Metallica with rolling off the tongue R's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0j0-oNySfM

WarHog38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 18th, 2021 05:12 am

Cannot leave without adding this one for the ladies.  Has some heavy axe work as well by German band. The ladies liked Doro Pesch & Warlock on my Google+ site.  Zed Yago is another female fronted German metal band.   A few other female fronted metal bands, not many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DdyfzRFGE

Sooner42
DEPs

Country of Origin: ‘Merika
Signature: SOONER4LIFE
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 20th, 2021 01:20 am

I just posting this so I don’t have to see DA name

Current time is 01:56 pm