Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '20
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 22nd, 2020 02:09 am

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/sooners-jamar-cain-brings-that-smoke

Attachment: 1 like people.png (Downloaded 49 times)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 22nd, 2020 11:41 am

Mr 47, thanks for posting this about Cain. It looks to me like Lincoln Riley is really good at hiring his coaches. I like the Grinch hire along with the two defensive coaches he brought to OU. It seems to me that both Manning and Odom are really good coaches. Better than I thought they would. Both Odom and Manning, in the beginning didn't appear as good as I think they are today. Odom, is going to be a very good coach and recruiter.

Cain and Murray appear to be great hires. Cain has lots of good experience. I think Cain is the real deal. Murray, is a new coach with little coaching experience. Cain is a proven commodity. Murray has a lot to prove, whereas Cain is pretty much proven to be a good coach and recruiter.

On Riley, I sense that his recruiting philosophy has morphed over the last two years. He is still very aggressive, but it looks like that he has slowed his early efforts so to have more options later in the recruiting process.

Current time is 06:54 am