Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Why Oklahoma will win a National Championship

Why Oklahoma will win a National Championship
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
SwampSooner

Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 19th, 2020 02:53 am

Interesting thoughts and not from a homer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obNztRswzjk

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 19th, 2020 03:28 am

My thoughts to a Tee.

Manoewar

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 19th, 2020 08:42 am

I think the last 2 losses by Bama and LSU could have been conference and program killers or at least knockout blows for most places. No one likes to say “Okay was but” in any conversation however placing a linebacker in the first round and a defense of lineman in the second softened the blow. It gives you something positive to pitch where you can tell recruits “ this is what we were able to do for guys within six months!”. If we can get a few kids on end of the year awards lists and into the draft next year things will finally turn around.

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 19th, 2020 02:24 pm

It's become almost like the pros.. do you want to go somewhere you are in the playoffs every year, or go somewhere that might not even win their conference ? At some point OU needs to win... We've been in what 3 NCC games under the old system and now 4 first round playoff eliminations ??

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 19th, 2020 02:28 pm

just need to get over that barrier and get that first one with Riley, with his age, and energy a lot more could follow in the coming years.

UtahSooner83

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 19th, 2020 06:44 pm

Buncha jacka$$ commenters below that one.

Last edited on Tue May 19th, 2020 06:45 pm by UtahSooner83

bigedell

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 05:56 pm

This was a really nice piece. And for all those people who like to jump on the Sooners for the playoff performances: Yeah, were was YOUR team? Unless you are Clemson, Alabama or LSU, you got nothing to say.

And frankly, considering the teams that we've played in the playoffs, any other conference champion in the country would have fared NO better against those teams.

Grinch, realistically, is going to need about 3 years to get this team to an ELITE level defensively, but because of how good the offenses are, we will only need good/really good out of the defense to win a championship. I think that's coming faster than anyone outside of those of us who follow the program closely will expect. I liked that this guy touched on the players who weren't earning their scholarships leaving, but one thing he DIDN'T touch on was how bringing in some star offensive guys is allowing those recruits to bring some better defensive talent with them. (I think that's happening.)

One thing he DID touch on that I found VERY interesting is: Hey, if you have a really good player on a team where the guy in front of him has the job locked up: Come on down to Norman, and get on the field NOW! I think that's something to be looked at, but I don't know enough about recruiting rules to know the implications. I do know if they can get rid of that stupid "sit out for a year" rule then the whole game changes. Maybe Clint or 47 can speak to the rules aspect of it.

Current time is 07:29 am