Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '20
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 02:53 pm

As an undertaker, I offer a 50% discount for coronavirus victims. However, no coughin' at the funeral! *coffin, sorry.
[surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender][surrender]

Watch out for the Caleb Williams Effect
– Super K

So I was recently speaking with a recruit who is tied in with a number of other recruits. He’s a higher profile guy and is well-liked in the recruiting world.
He was telling me how a big part of recruiting is where the best players end up.
“Guys can have a 5-star rank and all but we know who’s really a dog. We see it. We talk about it. And the best players want to play with the best players”.
So, I changed the subject to Caleb Williams. He’s a five star but I asked said recruit if Caleb Williams is respected as a baller amongst the players.
He looked at me like the question was crazy, “Of course. That man’s a dog”.
We talked about the possibility of Caleb ending up at OU (he basically looked at me like, dude you know he’s going to OU). He added…
“If Caleb Williams commits to OU, just watch”.
What, I asked?
“Just watch”, he said grinning.
Bottom line is, if the Sooners do land Caleb Williams, expect them to get some serious help on the recruiting trail for this 2021 class.
And if you want to know the difference the athlete upgrade is going to make at OU, as school that’s already knocking on the door of a championship, well…
TFB

Attachment: 1 wuhan.jpg (Downloaded 124 times)

sacdoc

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 02:51 am

I hope dude has big nasty friends on the defensive side of the ball! We have some hot offensive players already, I hope we get him for sure, but I hope he can drag some of the D recruits we need with him!!

Doc

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 01:18 pm

Last recruit with the circus surrounding him like this kid was AD.Hopefully as SacDoc said he drags alot of defensive poundage with him.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 01:57 pm

I think it is becoming apparent that Riley's ability to recruit at the highest level is tied to the QB he is recruiting.

Hopefully, and as you all pointed out, it is the defensive recruiting where he needs help.

Current time is 09:25 am