Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Bronco

Country of Origin: Ireland
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 19th, 2020 06:32 pm

I think this will cause more deaths from spousal abuse than the virus would have.

boomermet

Country of Origin: 
Signature: Nothing is genuine on the Internet anymore - Abraham Lincoln
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 19th, 2020 06:41 pm

No all bad

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/3021/The-Amazing-Things-People-Are-Doing-To-Help-Others-During-The-COVID-19-Outbreak

tbmguy

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:11 am

Don’t know if I’ve said before but I’m an airline pilot. Today was my first day at work since Trump’s address announcing a European travel ban last week.

First leg was a domestic deadhead to position for work. Was on a plane with 181 seats. Had 29 total passengers. There were 16 first class seats. Only 8 passengers seated in first class. Of those 8, all but 1 were crewmembers either deadheading to position or commuting to work.

The leg I actually worked? We had 2 passengers. Both of which were company employees exercising their non-rev benefits. I did not see them but if I had to guess, they were commuters going home after working a trip.

Everywhere I saw, In the terminal at gate stations, food service stations, or in the airplane around the seats and tray tables, there were people wiping down surfaces with disinfectant. Me and the FO certainly did our part in the cockpit. People are trying but it’s probably not going to be enough to save the industry.

Last edited on Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:13 am by tbmguy

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 03:05 am

Here's a pretty interesting interview.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-jacob-glanville-antibody-neutralize-coronavirus

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 08:14 am

...eventually, maybe some right here on this forum may die (maybe me) from this latest run of the flu virus, which happens every year to some degree.

If you're older, or have underlying health issues, or a compromised immune system, covid19- might get you!

But then you might die tomorrow from a heart attack or a traffic accident.

I don't want to be seen as belittling the danger or making fun of anybody's response to this latest crisis.

We've all been assaulted non-stop the last month with unrelenting "gloom & doom" regarding this pandemic.

I'm at the point where I feel like the Millenial partying on Spring break in Florida who said,
"If I get corona, I get corona."

There is a sense of liberation with a healthy dose of fatalism.

There's more than enough fear & paranoia in the world today. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

We could all use a little more stiff upper lip!

A little more courage. A little more encouragement.

Even if right now everything isn't copacetic, it's going to be fine.

There's really very little you can do about global events like this one.

But what you can control is your attitude and your reaction to this event.

If we die, we die!

Although the odds are that it is highly unlikely you will die from this.

There are alarmists & fear mongers everywhere.

I choose to be calm, cool & collected. I want my family & friends to know that whatever happens-IT'S COOL!
I WANT TO BE AN EXAMPLE OF MASCULINE RESOLVE.
This too shall pass.

Refuse to be in the camp of those who "weep. wail, and gnash their teeth."

Don't forget to be grateful for your life, what you have, who you love, and where you want to go. It's important.

Spread confidence, laughter, and a positive mental attitude. Your time here in this life should be enjoyed, regardless of the present circumstances.

"Circumstances? Hell, I MAKE circumstances!"
-Bruce Lee

Nobody makes it out alive. We're all going to die-EVENTUALLY!!

ALL MEN DIE. NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:05 pm

Yes Chinaman you are right about no panic, and live your life.
But you are wrong to agree with the spring break partygoer. By not restricting interactions they are among those who may spread the virus and keep it going instead of contributing to its demise.
Isolate as you can, wash your hands.

Last edited on Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:11 pm by SoonerMike

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '20
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:15 pm

SoonerMike wrote: Yes Chinaman you are right about no panic, and live your life.
But you are wrong to agree with the spring break partygoer. By not restricting interactions they are among those who may spread the virus and keep it going instead of contributing to its demise.
(y):beer:(y)

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:32 pm

SoonerMike wrote:

...you're wrong for thinking I agree with the partygoers behavior. I DO NOT!
In fact, like most 20 something's today, he couldn't find his butt with both hands in my opinion.
I was agreeing with his attitude,

"If I get corona, I get corona!"

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 02:36 pm

OU Chinaman wrote:
SoonerMike wrote:

...you're wrong for thinking I agree with the partygoers behavior. I DO NOT!
In fact, like most 20 something's today, he couldn't find his butt with both hands in my opinion.
I was agreeing with his attitude,

"If I get corona, I get corona!"

OK Sorry, thought you meant you agreed with the behavior of the partygoer.

ArmySooner
Administrator

Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 06:09 pm

Good and bad, bad first.

Bad.I got blood stream sepsis. It ended up eating a hole in my spine.

Good: I have DoD retirement,fantastic insurance plus VA disability. My wife has a good job so I've been able to hunker down.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 07:03 pm

As a person with a compromised immune system due to a kidney transplant a few years ago, my initial reaction is let's just let the chips lay where they may and go about living our lives and getting the economy back on track. I understand the risks to me and the elderly and others like me, but I think the China virus is going to be less devastating than the economy continuing to get devastated.

There is one small problem though with that philosophy, it would overwhelm the medical industry and things would still be *beeped* in many ways.

I fear there is not a good answer except after all of this is over, the whole damn world needs to put China out of business and the US needs to start building factories and plants again for both pharmaceuticals and steel and also invest in building factories south of the border which would reduce illegal "immigration".

I'm willing to pay more and have always been willing to and I personally never asked for products to be manufactured in China and I sure as Hell didn't ask for this...

— Toothpaste on American shelves made with a poison found in antifreeze.

— Toxic Chinese drywall installed in about 100,000 U.S. homes, emitting noxious fumes that destroyed electrical wiring and metal fixtures and sickened homeowners. Replacement of the drywall, pipes and wiring cost Americans billions of dollars.

— Hundreds, possibly thousands, of American dogs killed by melamine-laced Chinese dog food in 2007.

— The loss of about 200,000 beautiful maple trees lining the streets of small New England towns, eaten by Asian long-horned beetles that arrived on Chinese cargo ships in 1996. The U.S. taxpayer spends hundreds of millions of dollars to eradicate the repeated outbreaks that continue to this day, despite promises from the Chinese to do better.

I will stop now before I get political. Real political. ;)

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 07:11 pm

To Political or not........you couldnt have said it better and I agree 1000%.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 07:11 pm

OU Chinaman wrote:
ALL MEN DIE. NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.

"History is written by those who hang heroes."

You been watching Braveheart again?
;)

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 08:20 pm

Interesting take from Evangeline Lilly, star of Lost, Ant-Man, and Hobbit movies. She's sort of living business as usual.

“I am living with my father at the moment, who has stage four leukemia. I am also immune compromised at the moment. I have two young kids,” the actress wrote. “Some people value their lives over freedom, some people value freedom over their lives. We all make our choices. With love and respect. EL.”

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 08:33 pm

ArmySooner wrote:
Good and bad, bad first.

Good: I have DoD retirement,fantastic insurance plus VA disability. My wife has a good job so I've been able to hunker down.

I hate to hear this Army. After years of service and this hits you in the face. Get well...soon. At least you have insurance.

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 08:53 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:
As a person with a compromised immune system due to a kidney transplant a few years ago, my initial reaction is let's just let the chips lay where they may and go about living our lives and getting the economy back on track. I understand the risks to me and the elderly and others like me, but I think the China virus is going to be less devastating than the economy continuing to get devastated.

There is one small problem though with that philosophy, it would overwhelm the medical industry and things would still be *beeped* in many ways.

I fear there is not a good answer except after all of this is over, the whole damn world needs to put China out of business and the US needs to start building factories and plants again for both pharmaceuticals and steel and also invest in building factories south of the border which would reduce illegal "immigration".

I'm willing to pay more and have always been willing to and I personally never asked for products to be manufactured in China and I sure as Hell didn't ask for this...

— Toothpaste on American shelves made with a poison found in antifreeze.

— Toxic Chinese drywall installed in about 100,000 U.S. homes, emitting noxious fumes that destroyed electrical wiring and metal fixtures and sickened homeowners. Replacement of the drywall, pipes and wiring cost Americans billions of dollars.

— Hundreds, possibly thousands, of American dogs killed by melamine-laced Chinese dog food in 2007.

— The loss of about 200,000 beautiful maple trees lining the streets of small New England towns, eaten by Asian long-horned beetles that arrived on Chinese cargo ships in 1996. The U.S. taxpayer spends hundreds of millions of dollars to eradicate the repeated outbreaks that continue to this day, despite promises from the Chinese to do better.

I will stop now before I get political. Real political. ;)

NOT POLITICAL Manufacturing in the United States should be a government necessity, and if we have to pay more in dollars at the store, we would gain in USA jobs, plus controllable production standards, and the ability to continue the supply of goods in all types crisesses.

I agree with you

sybil

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 20th, 2020 09:06 pm

K2C Sooner wrote:
ArmySooner wrote:
Good and bad, bad first.

I hate to hear this Army. After years of service and this hits you in the face. Get well...soon. At least you have insurance.

(y)

Echo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 12:16 am

ArmySooner wrote: Good and bad, bad first.

Oh Pookie Poo....I am so sorry. I hope you are not in pain, glad that  you are able to stay safe at home.

ArmySooner
Administrator

Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 02:05 am

Echo, sweetheart - I looked the neurosurgeon right in the face and said, "I don't want another codeine for the rest of my life. None."

So I'm drinking whiskey........

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 02:52 am

ArmySooner wrote:
Echo, sweetheart - I looked the neurosurgeon right in the face and said, "I don't want another codeine for the rest of my life. None."

So I'm drinking whiskey........

...a soldier, a man, after my own heart.

Take care of yourself, pookie poo!

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 04:02 am

What I have had enough of is the left wing media blaming
the president for not doing this or that etc.It is time
for all Americans to join together. Journalist are to report the news & that only. To play a blame game at a
time like this when people are dyeing is unpathetic. NBC CMBC & CNN should all be
banned for this.

Fly

BlackwellSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 05:41 am

A long article, but I think that it makes lots of sense.
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 09:36 am

BlackwellSooner wrote:
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

...so far, that's the most rational discussion of the covid19 situation I've read. Would encourage everyone here to take the few minutes you need to read it.

Thanks for sharing BlackwellSooner!

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 12:43 pm

BlackwellSooner wrote: A long article, but I think that it makes lots of sense.
Thanks, BlackwellSooner. I've passed this on to all my contacts.

47Straight

Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 01:22 pm

OU Chinaman wrote: BlackwellSooner wrote:

...so far, that's the most rational discussion of the covid19 situation I've read. Would encourage everyone here to take the few minutes you need to read it.
(y):beer:(y)

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 02:56 pm

Fly wrote:
What I have had enough of is the left wing media blaming
the president for not doing this or that etc.It is time
for all Americans to join together. Journalist are to report the news & that only. To play a blame game at a
time like this when people are dyeing is unpathetic. NBC CMBC & CNN should all be
banned for this.

Fly

Sorry, but part of the news is when the President provides wrong information, or contradicts himself, and says he did not. Reporting false statements as false is actually good journalism. Live with it.

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:26 pm

(Sorry, but part of the news is when the President provides wrong information, or contradicts himself, and says he did not. Reporting false statements as false is actually good journalism. Live with it.)

What about the news media & all there lies? We have been lied to for the past three years. No sir that is not journalism. They also hide the truth & that called agenda. That's a fact!

Fly

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:27 pm by Fly

47Straight

Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:40 pm

I can't believe I'm the one saying this:
Tom, where are you when we need you?
Let's not do this on our sports board.  Take it to Facebook.  Or duke it out behind the bar. 

Boomer Sooner!

Attachment: 1 fake news.jpg (Downloaded 92 times)

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 04:10 pm

I agree 47. I will say no more

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 05:41 pm

Me too, I never meant this to be political.

Fly

Current time is 08:46 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page