Print
AuthorPost
ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 04:53 am

Always bet against previous year national champions. It's very difficult to match the intensity and luck of the previous year's team and against the team you are playing.

47 is secured and hopefully Florida St. will get their crap together with their new coach so Clemson has some competition in the ACC. With Alabama on the slow decline, someone has to step up and stop these guys in the future. Hopefully Oklahoma.

Fly
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 05:17 am

Well I picked LSU 45-24 not bad quest.

Fly:ou:

gcruse7

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 05:28 am

ClintA.Adams wrote:
LSU has 35 points and 430 yards and the 3rd quarter isn't even over yet. Given Grinch was without almost half of the defense, yeah, he gets a pass for the Peach Bowl performance.

LSU finished with 628 yards against Clemson. They had 698 against us. Now I know that LSU took their foot off of the gas a little in our game, but maybe we are not as bad as we looked.

I will say this, both of the defenses on the field had many athletes that look better than anything that we can put out there. I like where we are heading, and if we can continue to improve our defensive recruiting, we may have a shot in a couple of years.

It might also help us if we could play a championship game in Tulsa or OKC. I think LSU has won every single one of their championships in New Orleans.

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 05:29 am

Joe B is good passing and running

TL is not good throwing to his left

Total yards by LSU vs Clemson about the same as vs OU and that with LSU sliding down and taking a knee vs Clemson just trying to run the clock and not score vs trying to add more late TDS vs Oklahoma

ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 11:40 am

gcruse7 wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote:
LSU has 35 points and 430 yards and the 3rd quarter isn't even over yet. Given Grinch was without almost half of the defense, yeah, he gets a pass for the Peach Bowl performance.

LSU finished with 628 yards against Clemson. They had 698 against us. Now I know that LSU took their foot off of the gas a little in our game, but maybe we are not as bad as we looked.

I will say this, both of the defenses on the field had many athletes that look better than anything that we can put out there. I like where we are heading, and if we can continue to improve our defensive recruiting, we may have a shot in a couple of years.

It might also help us if we could play a championship game in Tulsa or OKC. I think LSU has won every single one of their championships in New Orleans.

Also, OU was without Trey Norwood (he counts because he was a pre-season starter), Jon-Michael Terry, Yell, Bookie (booted early), Perkins and Mann (co-starter).

Take away 5 or 6 starters from Clemson's defense and see how they fare.

Offensively, it just came down to Hurts not being the answer and the offensive line being a year away.

Bottom line, this was LSU's best team ever by a long short and one of the best teams in NCAA history and the all-time leading scoring team in NCAA history with one of the best if not the best "single-season" QBs in college football history, so we shouldn't take too much from the results of that game 2 weeks ago if anything at all.

Not a moral victory, just the facts and OU is much closer to that team against Georgia than they are the team that faced Alabama and LSU and OU's offense will be back on track with no Hurts and a more experienced offensive line along with the defense continuing to progress.

ClintA.Adams
DEPa

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 11:42 am

gcruse7 wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote:
I think LSU has won every single one of their championships in New Orleans.

Yes, that is correct. OU needs to take care of business in the regular season and get a #1 seed at some point and it would be nice to either play in Dallas or Norman like LSU basically gets to do except in Louisiana every time they have won it all.

Personally, I think all national title games should be played in Alaska. Indoor of course. ;)

Fly
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 03:32 pm

Yes LSU best team ever. Next year they won,t be close to
this years team. We have nothing to hang our head about.

Fly:ou:

OU Chinaman
DEPs

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 01:40 am

...I WAS WRONG!
Really liked Clemson going in & game went like I thought it might 17-7.
But knew @ Half it was a losing wager. Went to bed. Didn't watch the 2nd Half.
Coughed up a crisp Benjamin Franklin (plus the juice) for my bravado and wanted to be sure & show up here to eat crow. :cool:

Good thread Horsefly!:D

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

Current time is 09:01 pm
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3