Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Women's Sports > 2019 NCAA Softball Recruiting Rankings

2019 NCAA Softball Recruiting Rankings
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams  

Print
AuthorPost
Refriedbeans

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 11th, 2019 07:18 pm

Updated several days ago.

https://www.softballamerica.com/rankings/2019-ncaa-softball-recruiting-rankings/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email

Last edited on Wed Sep 11th, 2019 07:22 pm by Refriedbeans

BlackwellSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 12th, 2020 06:39 pm

Refriedbeans wrote: Updated several days ago.

https://www.softballamerica.com/rankings/2019-ncaa-softball-recruiting-rankings/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email
The link requires a $75 subscription to access it.  :(

OUBeliever56

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 12th, 2020 08:18 pm

BlackwellSooner wrote:

- - - - - - - -
While I follow Softball America and think that they do a pretty good job, the information and opinions of the rankings was compiled last September in 2019. This ranking was prior to many of the transfers which is on a different list provided by Softball America.

For those that do not subscribe to Softball America, here were the rankings:
1 UCLA
2 Washington
3 Florida
4 Oklahoma
5 Michigan
6 Tennessee
7 Notre Dame
8 Auburn
9 Florida State
10 Arizona State
11 LSU
12 Northwestern
13 Oregon
14 Kentucky
15 Arizona
16 Texas A&M
17 Alabama
18 Ole Miss
19 BYU
20 Ohio State
21 Baylor
22 Stanford
23 Wisconsin
24 Oklahoma State
25 South Carolina

Last edited on Tue Jan 14th, 2020 12:35 pm by OUBeliever56

Beerme

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 11:29 pm

OUBeliever56 wrote:
BlackwellSooner wrote:

- - - - - - - -
While I follow Softball America and think that they do a pretty good job, the information and opinions of the rankings was compiled last September in 2019. That was prior to many of the transfers and new freshman playing in the fall.

I think the rankings that will be coming out shortly by the publications and polls for the 2020 season will be more reflective of the team strength.

For those that do not subscribe to Softball America, here were the rankings: [My comments in ()]

1 UCLA
2 Washington
3 Florida (may be a few spots too high)
4 Oklahoma
5 Michigan (too high, too much ground to make up)
6 Tennessee (too high)
7 Notre Dame (see Michigan)
8 Auburn
9 Florida State
10 Arizona State
11 LSU
12 Northwestern (needs more pitching)
13 Oregon (probably should be a little higher)
14 Kentucky
15 Arizona (probably should be higher)
16 Texas A&M (too high)
17 Alabama (should be higher)
18 Ole Miss (program is struggling, too high)
19 BYU (a little too high)
20 Ohio State
21 Baylor
22 Stanford
23 Wisconsin (should be higher)
24 Oklahoma State (should be higher)
25 South Carolina

Is what you posted the recruiting rankings?

OUBeliever56

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 12:26 pm

Thanks for asking that question. I have misread the original question.

Yes, this is the Softball America recruiting rankings for the 2019 Class (plays in the Spring of 2020) from Sept 2019.

My comments in the () are not valid. I was thinking this was the team rankings for the 2020 season. My bad big time. I will erase the comments.

Last edited on Tue Jan 14th, 2020 12:31 pm by OUBeliever56

OUBeliever56

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 12:46 pm

I posted this elsewhere back in Sept of 2019.
- - - - -
Each year two publications (among others) rank the recruiting classes for D1 softball. This year one of those publications also ranked the transfer classes. It is always difficult to comprehend some of these rankings but a couple things are clear. The Flo Softball recruiting class ranking is completed right after the official signings are reported by each schools basically a year before they enter college. The Softball America recruiting class poll is completed about the time the recruits enter college a ‘year’ later. The Softball America poll may be a little more accurate because the level of play for each player changes in that last year. Of course the rankings are subjective in the first place which is the big variable.

The complete list of the top 15 transfer classes is also provided below. The same things can be true of the transfer class rankings. The big difference about the transfer classes is that at this point the rankings do not include any transfers that may occur in December/January. As Oklahoma fans know, big transfers (Giselle Juarez) can happen then as well. But Softball America has tried to rank them at this point. Below I have provided all three rankings along with a composite ranking value for recruiting classes. The in-depth analysis of the three rankings can be read by accessing the websites for each can be accessed:
- For FloSoftball the website is: https://www.flosoftball.com
- For Softball America the website is: https://www.softballamerica.com

As you can see below, Oklahoma has a very strong recruiting class this year. They are definitely in the top 5 teams in the country. An opinion that I have is that players from Oklahoma (Elam, Clifton, Arnold) can sometimes be underrated by national services. This year’s class at Oklahoma includes Boone, Donihoo, Raines, McAdoo and Pogue which could be underrated. So maybe this class will over perform their ranking in the long run.

The transfer of Snow has also placed Oklahoma in the top 15 rankings at the 11th position.

Other Big 12 notes. Oklahoma State was the only other Big 12 team that is listed in all three rankings. OSU has a very strong transfer class (#1) as well a ranked recruiting class. Despite losing three strong starters, OSU has reloaded and should be as good if not better this year.

Baylor and Texas Tech were listed in at least one other ranking. Baylor had a ranked recruiting class which they needed. They also get Rodoni, a very strong pitcher, and a starting outfielder, Walker, back this year from injuries that kept them from playing last year. They should be better this year. Tech had a transfer class that is going to provide them immediate help this year.

It is very interesting to me that Texas is not listed at all. The LongDucks did lose a strong pitcher and a couple role players as seniors but they will basically have the same team again this year. They will still be very good but probably not any better.

I will close with this thought. It is good to see Oregon and Coach Lombardi rebounding in both of these rankings. Ex-Coach Mark White (now at Texas) helped to leave the program in shambles as he exited the program. Oregon got two of the better transfers in the country in a LH pitcher, Yanez, and a third baseman, Felder. I had hoped that maybe one of them would have found Oklahoma but if not OU, Oregon is okay.

2019 Spring / 2020 Fall Recruiting Classes
Team Flo Softball Softball America
.......................Composite.... 11/15/18.....9/9/19...Transfer Class Rank
UCLA...................1.5..................2.................1.................-
Washington.......2.5.................3.................2...............12
Tennessee.........3.5..................1.................6................-
Florida................4.5..................6................3.................-
Oklahoma.........4.5..................5................4.................11
Michigan............4.5..................4.................5................-
Notre Dame......7.0...................7..................7.................-
LSU.....................9.5..................8.................11.................-
Arizona State....9.5.................9.................10................15
Auburn...............11.5.................15.................8................-
Kentucky...........12.0.................10................14................-
Oregon...............12.0.................11................13................3
Northwestern....12.0.................12................12................-
Florida State......12.5................16.................9.................-
Arizona...............14.0.................13.................15................-
Texas A&M........15.0.................14.................16................-
Alabama............17.0..................17..................17.................-
Ole Miss............18.0..................18.................18................-
BYU.....................19.5................20.................19................-
Ohio State.........19.5.................19.................20...............-
Other Big 12
Oklahoma State..22.5..........21..................24...............1
Baylor....................23.0+.....unranked........21................-
Texas Tech.......unranked..unranked...unranked......13

- - - - - - - - - - -
Top Transfer Classes for D1 Softball – Softball America
September 24th, 26th and October 1st

1. Oklahoma State
2. Louisiana
3. Oregon
4. San Diego State
5. Clemson
6. NC State
7. Louisville
8. Oregon State
9. Georgia Tech
10. Mizzou
11. Oklahoma
12. Washington
13. Texas Tech
14. James Madison
15. Arizona State

Boomer Sooner!

Beerme

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 01:05 pm

OUBeliever56 wrote:
Thanks for asking that question. I have misread the original question.

Yes, this is the Softball America recruiting rankings for the 2019 Class (plays in the Spring of 2020) from Sept 2019.

My comments in the () are not valid. I was thinking this was the team rankings for the 2020 season. My bad big time. I will erase the comments.

Thanks for clarifying and also thanks for your other info and input.

Current time is 10:47 pm