Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Anyone else have Dish Network?

Anyone else have Dish Network?
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Aug 15th, 2019 07:04 pm

It looks like Dish and Fox Sports Southwest are at a financial impasse and currently Dish has dropped them. These type of things happen all the time, usually settled in days, but this one has gone on for weeks.

FSW is the current flagship for the Big 12 game of the week. If this goes on much longer I guess I'll switch to Direct TV. I've had them in the past and I couldn't tell any difference between the two. I could see a major diffence if I can't get my Big 12 fix each week.

Cable is not an option as I live in the deep country. Could someone let me know if FSN is blocked on Direct?

BTW, the other Fox sport channels are not affected. No problem with FS1, ect.

DartmouthSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Aug 15th, 2019 09:14 pm

K2C Sooner wrote: It looks like Dish and Fox Sports Southwest are at a financial impasse and currently Dish has dropped them. These type of things happen all the time, usually settled in days, but this one has gone on for weeks.

FSW is the current flagship for the Big 12 game of the week. If this goes on much longer I guess I'll switch to Direct TV. I've had them in the past and I couldn't tell any difference between the two. I could see a major diffence if I can't get my Big 12 fix each week.

Cable is not an option as I live in the deep country. Could someone let me know if FSN is blocked on Direct?

BTW, the other Fox sport channels are not affected. No problem with FS1, ect.similar problem going on with the negotiation between Fox and Directv.
I have not looked recently, but I was not getting any Fox channels.

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Aug 15th, 2019 09:53 pm

Over here in Arkansas its a battle between NBC and Direct...............money hungry Basturds.

pOUlon4747

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Aug 15th, 2019 11:15 pm

You will find the issue on both DirectTV and Dish. I finally got sick of it and switched to YouTube TV. Best decision I ever made.

If you have high-speed internet, I would highly recommend switching to YouTube TV if it is available in your area. It's free for 30 days. No contracts, cancel anytime. No equipment and unlimited DVR recording.

It's $45 per month, I get all the major sports networks (except NFL Network but it is available for a fee if NFL is your thing) and have yet to miss an OU game in over 2 years, even the PPV's are available. I'm in AZ so I get FoxSports Arizona (FSAZ). I would assume if you are in Oklahoma you would get FSOK.

It's worth checking into.

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 16th, 2019 02:10 am

K2C Sooner wrote:
It looks like Dish and Fox Sports Southwest are at a financial impasse and currently Dish has dropped them. These type of things happen all the time, usually settled in days, but this one has gone on for weeks.

BTW, the other Fox sport channels are not affected. No problem with FS1, ect.

...I've got DISH, and channel 416 dispalys removed by FOX. Hoping for a resolution before the season starts or shortly thereafter. Will never do business with Direct TV rest of my life because of an unpleasant experience when I switched to DISH. I'm gonna chill and hope it works itself out. It usually does.

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

Old Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 16th, 2019 07:05 am

Here in middle Tennessee the owner of the ABC franchise, Next Star, has been in bitter negotiation with At&T for over 2 months - so we have no ABC channel on AT&T - and OU plays Houston on Sept 1 on ABC, nationwide. And, AT&T owns Direct TV, so ABC is not on Direct TV here either. I may have to go to a sports bar that has Dish Network to watch the game. The game is during dinner time, so I can sit there and eat their chicken wings and drink beer and watch the game. Next Star opened the negotiation with AT&T by asking for a 100% price increase for ABC channel. Can you spell greedy? Currently they have lowered their demand to a 50 % increase. AT&T is telling them to shove it. The only other cable TV provider in these parts is Comcast and I won't go back to Comcast. Period.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 16th, 2019 09:07 am

It will all get resolved ... we go through this every year about this time. I think college football is to popular for the networks and providers to not reach a deal.

talsooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 16th, 2019 11:44 am

I've purchased the SOONERTV in hopes I can get the reruns if not the live games??

Current time is 04:14 am