Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Can Grinch's defense get more interceptions?

Can Grinch's defense get more interceptions?
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 04:51 pm

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2019/6/14/18679015/oklahoma-sooners-football-defense-interceptions-turnovers-alex-grinch

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 05:04 pm

They will get 20 or more turnovers this year. A nice improvement.

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 06:31 pm

If you read the article ... It says over the last three years OU's turnovers have declined... So as Mike's Ds got less and less aggressive turn overs went down ( the article did NOT say this, it's my own observation). Duh!! So OU should get more this coming season because they are playing aggressive D again and hopefully forcing passers to make some bad passes.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 07:14 pm

I'm positive that with Grinch focusing on turnovers we should get better at it. At the worst the OU turnover stat can't get much worse.

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 10:59 pm

I enjoyed the article linked in the article in the op. It goes a little more in depth but is not OU focused. The tidbit on how to treat 3rd and long was very interesting.

echo101

Country of Origin: US of A
Signature: "Official Clown Exterminator"
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jun 15th, 2019 01:59 am

The more aggressive the defensive line plays the more picks the secondary will get. Forcing the QB to throw early will cause more bad reads and mistakes. This is simple football knowledge so not sure what the big question is.

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jun 15th, 2019 02:48 am

echo101 wrote:
The more aggressive the defensive line plays the more picks the secondary will get. Forcing the QB to throw early will cause more bad reads and mistakes. This is simple football knowledge so not sure what the big question is.

Read the articles. The statistical correlation does not support that theory, even though it is a theory I have subscribed to most of my life.

echo101

Country of Origin: US of A
Signature: "Official Clown Exterminator"
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 01:22 am

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
echo101 wrote:

Read the articles. The statistical correlation does not support that theory, even though it is a theory I have subscribed to most of my life.

I should have said "SHOULD"instead of "will". But yeah.. the more pressure from the defensive line the more apt their offense will make a bad play.

Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 02:27 am

echo101 wrote:
Johnnytrey23 wrote:
echo101 wrote:

I should have said "SHOULD"instead of "will". But yeah.. the more pressure from the defensive line the more apt their offense will make a bad play.

Agreed. Pressure from the defense would be a welcome sight.

LD Jackson

Country of Origin: 
Signature: My best friend is my wife!
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 07:58 am

captnop wrote: If you read the article ... It says over the last three years OU's turnovers have declined... So as Mike's Ds got less and less aggressive turn overs went down ( the article did NOT say this, it's my own observation). Duh!! So OU should get more this coming season because they are playing aggressive D again and hopefully forcing passers to make some bad passes.If you look back at the Ou/Alabama game from a few years back, the one OU won, when everyone said they didn't stand a chance, one of the main reasons they won was due to the aggressive play by the defense. The QB everyone said was great was forced into making bad decisions because he was being harassed all night long by Eric Striker, Geno Grissom, and company.  

Current time is 01:42 pm