Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Is WP on the slippery slope ?

Is WP on the slippery slope ?
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jun 10th, 2019 12:24 pm

Maybe, maybe not. Is John Ford writing the script? I don't know squat. Does Opera drink Perrier water?

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jun 10th, 2019 01:18 pm

Walt wrote:  I don't know squat.(y):beer::cool:

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jun 10th, 2019 02:14 pm

Walt wrote:
Is WP on the slippery slope?

Washington Post? WikiPedia? WordPress? West Point? White Pages? Warsaw Pact? Western Pacific? Wild Pokémon? Wickles Pickles?

On general principles, I'm just going to say yes to all.

And speaking of slippery slopes . . .

Grandpa was pretty ill. His skin became very dry and he was really pale. Grandma rubbed an oily lotion all over him to help his dry skin, and then laid him on a grassy slope in the yard so he could get some sun. After that he went downhill very quickly.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jun 10th, 2019 02:40 pm

47Straight wrote:

Well, that isn't a make my day type of post. Pretty brutal if you really want to know !.:shock::big confused::soonermad:

47Straight

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jun 10th, 2019 03:28 pm

Walt wrote: 47Straight wrote:

Well, that isn't a make my day type of post. Pretty brutal if you really want to know !.:shock::big confused::soonermad:
Hey, if you took that seriously, I offer my sincere apologies.

Attachment: 1 make on of 2.jpg (Downloaded 236 times)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jun 10th, 2019 04:10 pm

47Straight wrote:
Walt wrote: 47Straight wrote:

Hey, if you took that seriously, I offer my sincere apologies.

You are a hoot.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 12:28 pm

::bignews:: John Ford has written the script. Oprah has drank her pure water. We are now waiting on the movie to show up in theaters across America.

Bronco

Country of Origin: Ireland
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 02:57 pm

Triple Option wrote:
Walt wrote:
Is WP on the slippery slope?

Washington Post? WikiPedia? WordPress? West Point? White Pages? Warsaw Pact? Western Pacific? Wild Pokémon? Wickles Pickles?

On general principles, I'm just going to say yes to all.

And speaking of slippery slopes . . .

Grandpa was pretty ill. His skin became very dry and he was really pale. Grandma rubbed an oily lotion all over him to help his dry skin, and then laid him on a grassy slope in the yard so he could get some sun. After that he went downhill very quickly.

Wiley Post

:ou:

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 06:06 pm

Walt wrote:
::bignews:: John Ford has written the script. Oprah has drank her pure water. We are now waiting on the movie to show up in theaters across America.

Okay, I get the riddle clues on Oprah and pure water. I still can't figure out the John Ford part. I thought it might be a clue to the movie " Reivers" (the name of the Iowa CC football team), starring Steve McQueen. Nope, Ford didn't direct that movie. BTW, that's the correct spelling.

I also looked up the movies Red River and Grapes of Wrath, two movies he did direct, but I couldn't solve that clue from those two.

Last I looked up don't know squat. It took me to some big guys lifting weights (possible clue) and a Bathroom company that sold toilets.:dude:

EMan
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 07:38 pm

K2C Sooner wrote:
Walt wrote:

Okay, I get the riddle clues on Oprah and pure water. I still can't figure out the John Ford part. I thought it might be a clue to the movie " Reivers" (the name of the Iowa CC football team), starring Steve McQueen. Nope, Ford didn't direct that movie. BTW, that's the correct spelling.

I also looked up the movies Red River and Grapes of Wrath, two movies he did direct, but I couldn't solve that clue from those two.

Last I looked up don't know squat. It took me to some big guys lifting weights (possible clue) and a Bathroom company that sold toilets.:dude:

You're a better man that I am, Gunga Din!

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 07:43 pm

EMan wrote:
K2C Sooner wrote:
Walt wrote:

You're a better man that I am, Gunga Din!

Ok, John Ford is one of the most famous movie producer/director etc.

PW's plan was to create a commitment video. So, someone had to write a script for the video and then produce/director the making of the commitment video.

I figured that "writing a script" along with "John Ford" and PW making a video was easy.

Guess I was just wrong. :shock::?:-$:-$

Just think that about 75 days OU Fall practice will be going on and the season will be right around the corner ... so we won't have to makeup stuff to post. :P:P

Last edited on Tue Jun 11th, 2019 07:45 pm by Walt

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 08:16 pm

Enjoyed the riddle or clues you posted Walt.They are always fun to try and solve. The John Ford part was a little vague even with your explanation. Now do somemore on the other three or four ::bignews::'s that are out there.:dude:

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 08:35 pm

Or, it could be that Walt's "explanations" are just red herrings to throw us off. I still think the original WP may have been the Wickles Pickles. Which makes it more of a slobbery slope.

[Homer Simpson voice:]
"Mmmmm, pickled red herrings."

47Straight

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 08:39 pm

K2C Sooner wrote: Enjoyed the riddle or clues you posted Walt.They are always fun to try and solve. The John Ford part was a little vague even with your explanation. Now do somemore on the other three or four ::bignews::'s that are out there.:dude:
Only dinosaurs ( and strange ones at that) would know who John Ford was.  Some dinosaurs with geriatric memories may have forgotten about John Ford.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ford

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 08:58 pm

47Straight wrote:Only dinosaurs (and strange ones at that) would know who John Ford was. 

Conversely, it seems that Ford knows what dinosaurs are.

47Straight

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jun 11th, 2019 09:17 pm

Triple Option wrote: 47Straight wrote:Only dinosaurs (and strange ones at that) would know who John Ford was. 

Conversely, it seems that Ford knows what dinosaurs are.

Years ago, I read a book by John Gerach about trout fishing.  In it he was talking about the benefits of having a 4X4 to get around the back country.  He said that having a 4X4 didn't mean that you wouldn't get stuck, it just meant that when you did, you were a way lot further from civilization than  if you had been in a regular rig. Looks like that would apply to your rig in spades.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jun 12th, 2019 09:43 pm

I tried to tell you guys and all I get is a hard time for my efforts.

So, the next one is going to be a little more difficult. However, I have a little time to write my post.

Pssst.

MoSooner2

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 03:47 am

My dad came to the same conclusion. After he retired he started taking care of gas wells. For some years, he got a new 4 wheel drive every couple of years since the previous one was beat to a pulp. One year I saw his new truck was just a 2 wheel drive. I asked him about it--he said the only thing the 4 wheel drive did was convince him to go fartlieksher than he should have so he got stuck fartlieksher out than he should have gone. With the 2 wheel drive, he got out and walked earlier so his truck never got stuck.

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 11:55 am

My understanding is the truck above is a 6 wheel drive. It lists for $349,000, which leaves me about $350,000 short of being able to afford it.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 05:48 pm

Triple Option wrote:
My understanding is the truck above is a 6 wheel drive. It lists for $349,000, which leaves me about $350,000 short of being able to afford it.

Walt is buying all of us one as a Christmas present from all of the money he has racked up from SoonerTimes over the years by advertising SoonerDick's recipe software.

Current time is 04:17 am