Print
AuthorPost
talsooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2019 10:56 am

NOT football !!

https://newsok.com/article/5631124/ou-softball-sooners-celebrate-record-winning-streak-with-sleep

I find it fun to anticipate winning another NC and the streak of 49+- tagged on to it.

39 TT
40KU
semi, final,
Regionals,
sup reg
WCWS

anybody know how many games if we win out?

Last edited on Sat May 11th, 2019 10:57 am by talsooner

OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2019 12:13 pm

If we win out then we would have

2 more games this weekend (Finish rain delay vs KU and then OSU in the Finals)
3 games in the regionals
2 super regional games
4 WCWS games

So that would put us at 50

OU_Tom
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2019 06:07 pm

With the canceled Big 12 Championship, it will now be 48.

BlackwellSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat May 11th, 2019 11:57 pm

OU_Tom wrote: With the canceled Big 12 Championship, it will now be 48.I don't think so.  We finished the game with TTech, 8-0 run-rule game.  That was 49.
The game with KU, with just a half hour longer, would have been in the books, also, but wiped out due to cancellation of the rest of the Big 12 tourney.
I was watching the OU vs KU game last night until the rains came down strongly and washed it out - - it had been raining lightly previously, but the officials allowed the teams to play up until then.  OU was leading 5-0 in the top of the 4th, 2 outs and had the bases loaded with Grace Green coming to bat when the game was called.  We could have easily wound up run-ruling the Jayhawks, just ran out of time and good weather, but the infield was likely getting chewed up due to playing in the rain.

I have mixed feelings about the rest of the tournament being canceled:  OTOH, every win helps when it comes to ranking in the postseason, and the KU game and the following game against OSU would have been two more Ws - - finishing the KU game would have been the cherry on top of the season, with a 50-2 record.  Instead, they finish conference play at 49-2. 

On the OTHER hand, we had just got through sweeping Okie State, two at their place, one at Norman just prior to the tourney.  Okie State is a pretty good team (they had just lit up Iowa State 17-2 in a run-rule game prior to the beginning of the OU-KU game).  Glad in a way that the tourney was called, no sense in letting the Pukes be the ones to snap our conference and national winning streaks. 

It just takes one good pitcher having a great game to spell defeat...

FANATIC

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun May 12th, 2019 01:30 am

:ou: 50-2 would have looked really great for the selection show tomorrow but I am sure the host will mention the fact that OU was well on their way to being there. But the seeding would have been the same regardless if the record was 49-2, 50 or 51-2, and that is number 1 overall seed. The main thing I hate about the cancellation is the Sooners not getting a chance to kick the Cowboys again.

OU_Tom
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Sun May 19th, 2019 02:15 pm

Talsooner - we currently have 41 wins in a row

Current time is 12:06 pm