SoonerSports.com link
Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sooner Basketball


Sooner Basketball
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3590
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 03:01 pm

Quote

Reply
As of Friday morning, still a #10 seed in both bracketology projections.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/


http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Last edited on Fri Mar 15th, 2019 03:01 pm by SwampSooner

pippen
Member
 

Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 743
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 03:27 pm

Quote

Reply
gcruse7 wrote: By the way, both Tech and the Sooners will make the tourney, and it won't be a gift. Compared to the other teams this year, OU has earned a 10 or 11 seed.Maybe we did in the first part of the season. But we are not a very good basketball team now. As we were not at this point last year either.

gcruse7
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 15th, 2007
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 922
Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Status:  Online
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 07:01 pm

Quote

Reply
pippen wrote:
gcruse7 wrote: By the way, both Tech and the Sooners will make the tourney, and it won't be a gift. Compared to the other teams this year, OU has earned a 10 or 11 seed.Maybe we did in the first part of the season. But we are not a very good basketball team now. As we were not at this point last year either.

If you just want to consider the first part of the season, then we would have earned a much higher seed than 10 or 11. At that point I was hoping that if we had a decent conference season, we might be able to get a 4-6 seed. However the conference season just showed that we probably over-exceeded our talent level in non-conference play.

Fortunately the NCAA tournament selection committee considers the whole season. When you compare OU's resume to the other teams that are hoping to play in the NCAA's, we belong at a 10 or 11 seed. That says as much about the state of college basketball this year that so many average teams can still get into the tournament.

I don't have any delusions that OU has a great basketball team this year. I would like to see us be better. However I get tired of the negative nellies saying OU doesn't belong in the tournament. Like a lot of engineering courses that I had at OU many years ago, the tournament selection committee grades on a curve. We are definitely not an A or B team, but when it comes to making the tourney, we definitely pass the test.

And against whomever we draw in the first round game, I'll be watching and hoping that we pull off the upset. I hear those happen a lot during March Madness. Why not have it be us this year?

pippen
Member
 

Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 743
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 08:25 pm

Quote

Reply
gcruse7 wrote: pippen wrote:
gcruse7 wrote: By the way, both Tech and the Sooners will make the tourney, and it won't be a gift. Compared to the other teams this year, OU has earned a 10 or 11 seed.Maybe we did in the first part of the season. But we are not a very good basketball team now. As we were not at this point last year either.

Like a lot of engineering courses that I had at OU many years ago, the tournament selection committee grades on a curve. We are definitely not an A or B team, but when it comes to making the tourney, we definitely pass the test.

And against whomever we draw in the first round game, I'll be watching and hoping that we pull off the upset. I hear those happen a lot during March Madness. Why not have it be us this yearSeems we agree, to a degree...I keep hoping we will improve as these seasons go along, but we seem instead to digress most years under Kruger. 

Yes, I'll be watching too, hoping against hope and getting emotionally involved against my better judgment. ;)

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3590
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 16th, 2019 04:14 am

Quote

Reply
Down goes WVU

soonerBAS
Member
 

Joined: Fri Nov 17th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 775
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 16th, 2019 02:02 pm

Quote

Reply
pippen wrote:
gcruse7 wrote: pippen wrote:
gcruse7 wrote: By the way, both Tech and the Sooners will make the tourney, and it won't be a gift. Compared to the other teams this year, OU has earned a 10 or 11 seed.Maybe we did in the first part of the season. But we are not a very good basketball team now. As we were not at this point last year either.

Like a lot of engineering courses that I had at OU many years ago, the tournament selection committee grades on a curve. We are definitely not an A or B team, but when it comes to making the tourney, we definitely pass the test.

And against whomever we draw in the first round game, I'll be watching and hoping that we pull off the upset. I hear those happen a lot during March Madness. Why not have it be us this yearSeems we agree, to a degree...I keep hoping we will improve as these seasons go along, but we seem instead to digress most years under Kruger. 

Yes, I'll be watching too, hoping against hope and getting emotionally involved against my better judgment. ;)



this is my feelings as well, if the game is on when I can watch it I certainly will, and I will be cheering for them to win but I'm not going to plan anything around the game to make a special effort to watch nor will I be overly upset if they lose. there were games this year the team seemed to be emotionally up for a game and times they didn't look like they really cared... so as a fan it's hard for me to get too invested in what happens it they're not.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised they could win their first round game, when they are into it this team plays some really good defense, good defense and good guard play can win games in the tourney, and one out of ever 4 or 5 games that's exactly what you get from this team, so yeah if this is that one game they could win.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3590
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 16th, 2019 02:24 pm

Quote

Reply
As of Saturday morning, still a 10 speed in both bracketology predictions

Triple Option
Member


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO
Posts: 2477
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 16th, 2019 09:35 pm

Quote

Reply
Allen Kenny has an article on the final 60 seconds of OU's loss to WV. It has several clips that illustrate his points, which I couldn't get to copy, so you'll have to go to the site to read it. The article is brutal, but not quite as brutal as watching it.

The title is One of the worst minutes in college basketball history

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2019/3/16/18267404/oklahoma-basketball-west-virginia-final-minute-big-12-tournament

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3590
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Mar 17th, 2019 03:14 pm

Quote

Reply
Selection Sunday - both Lunardi and Palm still have us as a #10 seed in the Midwest regional.


 Current time is 03:47 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez