SoonerSports.com link
Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sooner Basketball


Sooner Basketball
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 13th, 2019 02:26 am

Quote

Reply
Sooners play the 2nd game on Wednesday against West Virginia on ESPNU.  The game is scheduled to tip off at 8:30, but may be a tad later depending on when the OSU/TCU ends.  They usually have 30 minutes between games.

Should the Sooners win, they play Texas Tech at 6:00 PM Thursday on ESPN2.

The Sooners need to take the WVU game seriously.  A win gives them their 20th win of the season and some protection from being bumped out of the NCAA tournament should there be a slew of upsets in conference tournaments. 

As of March 12 AM, ESPN has the Sooners a #10 seed n the west and CBS Sports has us a #9 seed in the midwest.


ClintA.Adams
Administrator
 

Joined: Tue Jul 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 14375
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 13th, 2019 03:13 pm

Quote

Reply
Indeed. I would feel much better with a win tonight. 20 wins always helps a lot. I think it's the difference between definitely in and maybe in for this particular season.

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 752
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 13th, 2019 04:20 pm

Quote

Reply
I suppose I'll have to watch. ::mountaineer::

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 02:01 am

Quote

Reply
The ball is not going into the hole for OU while wvu is hitting from almost 30 ft. Wvu 16 - 12.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 02:25 am

Quote

Reply
James hits a 3 pointer with 5 seconds to go in the half. Sooners lead 35-33.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 02:51 am

Quote

Reply
Under 16 to. Sooners up by 5.

K2C Sooner
Member


Joined: Wed Feb 17th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 3620
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 02:54 am

Quote

Reply
Thanks, Swamp. I'm watching your updates.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:02 am

Quote

Reply
Under 12 to. WVU 50-47. McNease has reinjured his right ankle and was carried to locker room

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:12 am

Quote

Reply
Under 8 to wvu 60 -56, 3s starting to fall for wvu again

Last edited on Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:12 am by SwampSooner

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:22 am

Quote

Reply
Under 4 to. WVU 66-63. Sooners missed 2 bunnies that would have given them the lead and then give up a fast break to go down 3.

soonerBAS
Member
 

Joined: Fri Nov 17th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 787
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:35 am

Quote

Reply
Would be easy to say lost this game by an inch but down the stretch got abused inside.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:36 am

Quote

Reply
WVU 72-71. James hits what looks like the game tieing 3 only to have the review show his toe on the line.

Sooners missed too many easy shots and could not grab a defensive rebound in the last 5 minutes

JackStraw
Member


Joined: Mon Oct 8th, 2007
Location: The Cave Of Caerbannog
Posts: 1793
Country of Origin: If your head comes away from your neck, it's over.
Signature: IN THE END, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 03:49 am

Quote

Reply
Ugly loss to the worst team in the conference. Maybe we can make a little noise in the NIT.

Really looking forward to the spring game. Hope the weather's good.

Last edited on Thu Mar 14th, 2019 04:02 am by JackStraw

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 04:27 am

Quote

Reply
JackStraw wrote: Ugly loss to the worst team in the conference. Maybe we can make a little noise in the NIT.

Really looking forward to the spring game. Hope the weather's good.


We still have a better than even chance of getting into the NCAA tournament.  We have to hope for very few tournament upsets by non-tournament teams.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 02:14 pm

Quote

Reply

As of Thursday morning, we are a #10 seed in both bracketology predictions. 


GO FAVORITES!


http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

SoonerinDallas
Member
 

Joined: Thu Aug 9th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1609
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 02:55 pm

Quote

Reply
Worst team in the conference, and we lose to them twice this year. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If we are given a berth in the NCAA, that is an absolute gift.

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 752
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 04:40 pm

Quote

Reply
SoonerinDallas wrote: If we are given a berth in the NCAA, that is an absolute gift.As it was last year. I watched it. And regretted doing so. As I knew I would. Why Calixte is allowed on the court, much less allowed to shoot or drive, is sort of beyond me. It's pretty evident he has no business being in the Big 12. But I guess you gotta play who you got. For me, watching OU basketball has become very much like watching Mike Stoops' defense the last several years. Excruciating prolonged agony. At least Spring Practice has now started.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator
 

Joined: Tue Jul 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 14375
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 05:29 pm

Quote

Reply
I'm not sold this incoming recruiting class can turn things around. I just think Coach K has just hit that certain age that is different for everyone in terms of impact. I'm not impressed by the below and on too many occasions, there has been significant losing streaks or cratering at season's end:

2019: 19-13
2018: 18-14
2017: 11-20
2016: 29-8
2015: 24-11
2014: 23-10
2013: 20-12
2012: 15-16

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 06:19 pm

Quote

Reply
ClintA.Adams wrote:
I'm not sold this incoming recruiting class can turn things around. I just think Coach K has just hit that certain age that is different for everyone in terms of impact. I'm not impressed by the below and on too many occasions, there has been significant losing streaks or cratering at season's end:

2019: 19-13
2018: 18-14
2017: 11-20
2016: 29-8
2015: 24-11
2014: 23-10
2013: 20-12
2012: 15-16


Fire them all and let Castiglione sort it out.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 06:47 pm

Quote

Reply
pippen wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote: If we are given a berth in the NCAA, that is an absolute gift.As it was last year. I watched it. And regretted doing so. As I knew I would. Why Calixte is allowed on the court, much less allowed to shoot or drive, is sort of beyond me. It's pretty evident he has no business being in the Big 12. But I guess you gotta play who you got. For me, watching OU basketball has become very much like watching Mike Stoops' defense the last several years. Excruciating prolonged agony. At least Spring Practice has now started.



I do not name names but will admit I yelled a certain graduate transfer's name with other choice words at the TV last night.

soonerBAS
Member
 

Joined: Fri Nov 17th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 787
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 08:07 pm

Quote

Reply
are they feeding Manek? I swear on tv the kid looks skinnier now than he did at the start of the season.

pippen
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 752
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 10:50 pm

Quote

Reply
SwampSooner wrote: I do not name names but will admit I yelled a certain graduate transfer's name with other choice words at the TV last night.Yes, I shouldn't have. But I'll bet I know right when those words were being emitted at your house, no doubt within microseconds one way or the other of the same or very similar being broadcast quite loudly at mine. The one particular stretch which I'm betting on changed the game IMHO and thereby ultimately made the difference (though one can't point to just that).

Last edited on Thu Mar 14th, 2019 10:52 pm by pippen

HighPlainsDrifter
Member


Joined: Mon Oct 1st, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1226
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Mar 14th, 2019 11:28 pm

Quote

Reply
ClintA.Adams wrote:


2019: 19-13
2018: 18-14
2017: 11-20
2016: 29-8
2015: 24-11
2014: 23-10
2013: 20-12
2012: 15-16



That’s about on par for what Kruger did at UNLV.

Sooner Schemer
Member


Joined: Tue Sep 11th, 2007
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 135
Country of Origin: 
Signature: The Dog Mumbler
Status:  Online
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:10 am

Quote

Reply
ClintA.Adams wrote:
I'm not sold this incoming recruiting class can turn things around. I just think Coach K has just hit that certain age that is different for everyone in terms of impact. I'm not impressed by the below and on too many occasions, there has been significant losing streaks or cratering at season's end:

2019: 19-13
2018: 18-14
2017: 11-20
2016: 29-8
2015: 24-11
2014: 23-10
2013: 20-12
2012: 15-16


Maybe Lon could take over the women's team.

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:30 am

Quote

Reply
WVU just beat Texas Tech 79-74

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:39 am

Quote

Reply
pippen wrote: SwampSooner wrote: I do not name names but will admit I yelled a certain graduate transfer's name with other choice words at the TV last night.Yes, I shouldn't have. But I'll bet I know right when those words were being emitted at your house, no doubt within microseconds one way or the other of the same or very similar being broadcast quite loudly at mine. The one particular stretch which I'm betting on changed the game IMHO and thereby ultimately made the difference (though one can't point to just that).


My mantra, I yell at the TV when a player tries to be Superman, is 'RUN THE OFFENSE, RUN THE OFFENSE, RUN THE *bleeping* OFFENSE!'


After the third or fourth time he shot it without the rest of the team getting down to that end of the court, I was alternating yelling *bleeping* and yelling at Kruger to get him off the court.


Considering how exhausted Bieniemy was at the end of the game (as could be told by his jump shots not even making it to the basket), I suspect Kruger had little choice but to leave him in during that bad run.

Last edited on Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:43 am by SwampSooner

gcruse7
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 15th, 2007
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 931
Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:42 am

Quote

Reply
SwampSooner wrote:
WVU just beat Texas Tech 79-74

How was that possible? Didn't Tech finished tied for first? Wasn't WVU the last placed team? Does this mean Tech is horrible and shouldn't make the tournament and may need to look for a new coach?

Or possibly is it that upsets happen in college basketball and the tournament committee might just look at the whole season when they search for the top 68 teams?

By the way, both Tech and the Sooners will make the tourney, and it won't be a gift. Compared to the other teams this year, OU has earned a 10 or 11 seed.

Last edited on Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:43 am by gcruse7

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 01:49 am

Quote

Reply
gcruse7 wrote: SwampSooner wrote:
WVU just beat Texas Tech 79-74

How was that possible? Didn't Tech finished tied for first? Wasn't WVU the last placed team? Does this mean Tech is horrible and shouldn't make the tournament and may need to look for a new coach?

Or possibly is it that upsets happen in college basketball and the tournament committee might just look at the whole season when they search for the top 68 teams?

By the way, both Tech and the Sooners will make the tourney, and it won't be a gift. Compared to the other teams this year, OU has earned a 10 or 11 seed.
As I have implied above, the only way Oklahoma does not make the tournament is if there are a lot of upsets by non-tournament bound teams in the conference tournaments.  In other words, WVU or Texas winning the Big XII would hurt the Sooners chances.

Last edited on Fri Mar 15th, 2019 03:54 am by SwampSooner

gcruse7
Member


Joined: Wed Aug 15th, 2007
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 931
Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 02:52 am

Quote

Reply
My post was not directed at you Swamp. Your post we just a good lead-in for my rant...

SwampSooner
Member


Joined: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Location: Beaumont, Texas USA
Posts: 3673
Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 15th, 2019 03:53 am

Quote

Reply
gcruse7 wrote: My post was not directed at you Swamp. Your post we just a good lead-in for my rant...Did not think it was directed at me.  I was just adding my 2 cents worth of support.

BTW, KU 65- ut* 57.  That is one threat eliminated.


 Current time is 08:00 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez