Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > The NCAA is violating antitrust law

The NCAA is violating antitrust law
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 01:21 pm

https://www.chronicle.com/article/NCAA-Cannot-Restrict/245854?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en&cid=at

Attachment: 1 letter f.jpg (Downloaded 83 times)

jwsooner

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 02:36 pm

Sooner or later college football and basketball will cease to exist. I stead there will be a minor league in place, which is pretty much what college is now. And the other sports that get supported by these two will become club sports without any scholarship help. Hopefully I am wrong about this. But I don’t think so. Money and greed ruin most things that are good.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 03:56 pm

jwsooner wrote:
Sooner or later college football and basketball will cease to exist. I stead there will be a minor league in place, which is pretty much what college is now. And the other sports that get supported by these two will become club sports without any scholarship help. Hopefully I am wrong about this. But I don’t think so. Money and greed ruin most things that are good.

You also have the issue of medical insurers in some circles not wanting to cover minors if they are playing sports such as football or implementing high risk/high price policies. That could put a huge dent in football in general.

tbmguy

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 11th, 2019 10:25 pm

I would really like to see a minor league system for the NFL... maybe and alliance with the AAC to do such. That way, athletes that think college is unfair can take another path. Tired of hearing them say how they don't get paid or that they don't get paid their worth.

Current time is 03:48 am