Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sooners look to cut weight for Alex Grinch's 'Speed D'

Sooners look to cut weight for Alex Grinch's 'Speed D'
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 8th, 2019 02:42 am

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooners-look-to-cut-weight-for-alex-grinch/article_80171b00-4149-11e9-8d17-e71235aed92c.html?fbclid=IwAR2yFYCBQ5TxbyyVflnIhE34MYmxKvWXdolWMNGatN6fzF3ju9hvpJ9VYqA

Attachment: 1 trust a dog.jpg (Downloaded 95 times)

SwampSooner

Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 8th, 2019 04:53 am

Just a thought, but if your D-lineman are smaller than the opposition's O-linemen, what keeps the opponent from lining up and blowing you off the ball (ala Alabama)?

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 8th, 2019 01:26 pm

SwampSooner wrote:
Just a thought, but if your D-lineman are smaller than the opposition's O-linemen, what keeps the opponent from lining up and blowing you off the ball (ala Alabama)?

Lots of factors I suppose, but OU massively out-weighed West Virginia in the 2007 season Fiesta Bowl, but their 3 man super light and quick defensive front caused OU's offensive line a lot of grief.

Of course, OU's offensive performance in that game especially in the first half wasn't helped by OU not having their best running back and best receiver for that game.

I have my concerns and I really hate having Michael Thompson moved to the offensive line even if he becomes the next JB, but I shall reserve judgement.

One thing that will help immensely though is even if over-powered, if sound tackling is re-introduced again, that will help immensely.

Serenity Now

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 8th, 2019 08:43 pm

Size is only part of the equation. I can't find it but there's a picture of Kory Klein looking up defiantly at a FSU OL who was about 4-5 inches taller than him and outweighed him by 80 pounds. Heart, hustle and talent go a long ways in the trenches.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 8th, 2019 09:17 pm

Serenity Now wrote:
Size is only part of the equation. I can't find it but there's a picture of Kory Klein looking up defiantly at a FSU OL who was about 4-5 inches taller than him and outweighed him by 80 pounds. Heart, hustle and talent go a long ways in the trenches.

And 6' Derrick Strait against 6'5" Marcellus Rivers.

Current time is 07:58 pm