Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > The most anti-climatic signing day in history.

The most anti-climatic signing day in history.
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2019 02:10 am

The late signing date is dead. I remember a time when all the posters treated this as one important day. Some even took the day off to read and talk every Sooner recruit. Oh well, :bluenote: Time changes everything:bluenote:

Gandalf

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2019 02:15 am

I agree but I still like the December signing period. Nice to lock in everyone early.

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2019 02:32 am

I like it too Wizard. I'm just used to some surprises on the Feb signings. None this year.

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2019 02:45 am

Personally I could care less if its in Dec or Feb.........but the NCAA has a lot of work to do if the DEC signing period keeps up as is.Why you ask? The biggest conflict to date with the early signing period is the high probability of coaching changes in the month of Dec(latter part of it) and January after bowl season is complete.In my thinking this is falling right in line with the behind the scenes arguments about the "Portal'.These are two conflicts that the NCAA will have to deal with sooner than later.Two total different issues but I can see where they could be tied together in Certain cases.There are already instances where the "players" are using the "Portal" for various reason to (in my terms) avoid competition......ala( Martell@ tOSU)coincidentally after Field transfers to the Butteyes;but supposedly due to a coaching change.

Last edited on Thu Feb 7th, 2019 02:47 am by WishBone

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2019 02:56 am

I still haven't figured out the Portal. I thought you had a certain date to declare and a certain date it ended. I guess not.

Current time is 01:49 pm