Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Sign of the Sooner Times.

Sign of the Sooner Times.
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 12:57 pm

What has happened on this board over the last few months is a solid sign of the excitement among all OU Sooner fans. I posted a few weeks ago about December of 2018 was an all time record for activity on this board.

As it turns out November, December of 2018 and January of 2019 are the three highest months in our history. We just blew the stats away.

December of 2018 and January of 2019 were virtually tied. The total traffic statistic is made up of visits, number of posts and number of page views along with a couple other things.

The reason for this is obvious. First is the excitement over the hiring of a new DC and new defensive coaches. Second, is the number of really good members we have picked up over the last couple of years. I think all of the above is due to the hiring of Lincoln Riley. In two short years Lincoln has rejuvenated the OU fan base.

His methods have totally altered the way the OU football program works. New coaching methods. New recruiting techniques. And, I believe a new personality in the way the OU head coach deals with the media.

At least this is my take on the significant uptake on the traffic statistics here at SoonerTimes.com.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 01:57 pm

Certainly. We all recognize that in a really great way and try to be disciplined and structurally sound in every message we post. We don't claim to be better than anyone else, we just focus on ourselves and work hard and try the best we can.

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 02:09 pm

This is a great form, with out all the bickering you see
on so many others. There also some great info we all thrive to know. Walt you & the rest are doing a great
job.

Fly:ou:

sybil

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 02:39 pm

Fly wrote:
This is a great form, with out all the bickering you see
on so many others. There also some great info we all thrive to know. Walt you & the rest are doing a great
job.

Fly:ou:

(y):cool:

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 02:55 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:
Certainly. We all recognize that in a really great way and try to be disciplined and structurally sound in every message we post. We don't claim to be better than anyone else, we just focus on ourselves and work hard and try the best we can.

What do you mean "We don't claim to be better than anyone else" :soonermad: as I do think we are better than all the rest!

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 03:48 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:

it's all about execution, execute properly and you will be better than most.

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 03:52 pm

soonerBAS wrote: it's all about execution, execute properly and you will be better than most.And who exactly are you proposing that we execute?

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 03:52 pm

My favorite " Sunny Place for Shady People".Best Forum out there "Bar None"Walt,Clint,and Crew Thanks for all you do.Unfortunately I'll be around a while!!!!!!:pirate::pirate:

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 03:56 pm

47Straight wrote:
soonerBAS wrote: it's all about execution, execute properly and you will be better than most.And who exactly are you proposing that we execute?
HEY! I'm sitting right here!

SoonerMike

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 04:25 pm

Walt wrote:
What has happened on this board over the last few months is a solid sign of the excitement among all OU Sooner fans. I posted a few weeks ago about December of 2018 was an all time record for activity on this board.

As it turns out November, December of 2018 and January of 2019 are the three highest months in our history. We just blew the stats away.

December of 2018 and January of 2019 were virtually tied. The total traffic statistic is made up of visits, number of posts and number of page views along with a couple other things.

The reason for this is obvious. First is the excitement over the hiring of a new DC and new defensive coaches. Second, is the number of really good members we have picked up over the last couple of years. I think all of the above is due to the hiring of Lincoln Riley. In two short years Lincoln has rejuvenated the OU fan base.

His methods have totally altered the way the OU football program works. New coaching methods. New recruiting techniques. And, I believe a new personality in the way the OU head coach deals with the media.

At least this is my take on the significant uptake on the traffic statistics here at SoonerTimes.com.

High usage is also a very high compliment to the administraters who keep the board working, and set the tone of friendliness and discussion without rancor. THANKS!!

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 04:49 pm

All right.......all right.......all right!

This is an awesome place. Lots of good commentary and info without having to wade through the muck-and-mud of middle school type insults...... Well, usually. Heh.
Thank you Walt and all the other administrators for keep this place welcoming, clean and fun. Onwards!

ArmySooner
Administrator

Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 05:32 pm

This place is posting in a great way.

sissy boy

Country of Origin: Greece
Signature: XOXOXOXO
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 05:35 pm

Walt wrote:

Actually, you should thank ArmySooner for all of the SoonerTimes NASCAR traffic that he brought in. that is the real reason for the increase.

pippen

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 06:14 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote: Certainly. We all recognize that in a really great way and try to be disciplined and structurally sound in every message we post. We don't claim to be better than anyone else, we just focus on ourselves and work hard and try the best we can.:lol:

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 06:48 pm

47Straight wrote:

The defense?

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 07:58 pm

Actually, you should thank ArmySooner for all of the SoonerTimes NASCAR traffic that he brought in. that is the real reason for the increase.
-----------------------------------------------------

No, sybil and her thumb is the one that makes this board go around. :dude:

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 08:12 pm

Walt wrote:
Sign of the Sooner Times

(Sign stolen from the SoonerTimes twitter page):

https://twitter.com/soonertimes

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 08:33 pm

Love this place, that's for sure. Thanks to all here who help make this the best place for Sooner anything!

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 08:44 pm

sissy boy wrote:
Walt wrote:

SB, actually Army's NASCAR traffic shows up as a negative for our stats. Same with golf, both watching or listening, hockey stuff and socker [isn't that is the way it is spelled]?

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2019 11:50 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
Love this place, that's for sure. Thanks to all here who help make this the best place for Sooner anything!

...just because Walt doesn't appreciate the NHL or Golf doesn't mean he's a bad guy or anything.

He's managed to overlook my warts & shortcomings, and given me a long enOUgh leash to hang around.

If I ever leave it will be because Walt told me to hit the road.
And I've told him, (yOU can ask him) if yOU ever want me gone, just say so. Just like Joe Washington, I'll be smoke thrOUgh a keyhole GONE, quickly & quietly!

I'm eccentric. I'm unusual. I'm different, but my peers here make me feel part of a social media group even if on the fringe. Somewhat comforting for a dinosaur SOONER fan looking for the tar pit.

SOONER TIMES MB IS THE BEST OUT THERE.

It's good to hear that the numbers are starting to bear that OUt. Want to be on the real pulse beat of SOONER fandom, SOONER TIMES is where you need to look first.

"Old Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph over YOUth and Skill!"

:ou::ou::ou:::rice:::cool::dude:

SD-OU

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 12:24 am

Triple Option wrote: Walt wrote:
Sign of the Sooner Times

(y)

OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 01:48 am

Good thing that Mike Stoops got the axe or we would have killed each other by now.

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 02:46 am

::rice::::rice::::rice::

Sooner42

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 03:56 am

I was sitting here thinking back to October when the board crashed. Sorry I felt lost lol. I still have the other board in my favorites just Incase it was to happen again. This is home fun times...... fun soonertimes. 🧀🧀🧀y

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 12:05 pm

OU Chinaman wrote:
SoonerRick46 wrote:

...just because Walt doesn't appreciate the NHL or Golf doesn't mean he's a bad guy or anything.

He's managed to overlook my warts & shortcomings, and given me a long enOUgh leash to hang around.

If I ever leave it will be because Walt told me to hit the road.
And I've told him, (yOU can ask him) if yOU ever want me gone, just say so. Just like Joe Washington, I'll be smoke thrOUgh a keyhole GONE, quickly & quietly!

I'm eccentric. I'm unusual. I'm different, but my peers here make me feel part of a social media group even if on the fringe. Somewhat comforting for a dinosaur SOONER fan looking for the tar pit.

SOONER TIMES MB IS THE BEST OUT THERE.

It's good to hear that the numbers are starting to bear that OUt. Want to be on the real pulse beat of SOONER fandom, SOONER TIMES is where you need to look first.

"Old Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph over YOUth and Skill!"

:ou::ou::ou:::rice:::cool::dude:

Every one has to have some warts in their life, right? :P

humblesooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 02:18 pm

StatesEye wrote:

Bane this horn lover.
;)

SoonerMachine

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 09:26 pm

OU_Tom wrote:
Good thing that Mike Stoops got the axe or we would have killed each other by now.

:lol:

soonerredhead

Country of Origin: Irish American Sooner
Signature: Stepford People
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Feb 3rd, 2019 05:24 pm

SD-OU wrote:
Triple Option wrote: Walt wrote:
Sign of the Sooner Times

(y)

Well you twits, why didn’t you tell me y’allson twittness! Maybe I had knap in there or a brain transplant, or something? Now I’m a followerer.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Feb 4th, 2019 04:01 pm

humblesooner wrote: StatesEye wrote:

Bane this horn lover.
;)
Oh, yeah. My apologies.

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 1st, 2019 03:00 am

Bump....

Walt are the numbers for February? It seemed kind of slow overall. Inquiring minds and all.:big confused::dude:

Current time is 11:24 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page