Print
AuthorPost
Johnnytrey23

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2019 12:54 am

K2C Sooner wrote:
https://newsok.com/article/5620088/report-in-addition-to-austin-kendall-three-other-sooners-in-transfer-portal?no_edit=1&fbclid=IwAR2YXn_IeRhHxCXfYZ_4H8Hj308L-2k40JCy7dDb9J63TPKUhERMQdEDHvA

Gracias. You are more technically advanced than me.

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2019 01:11 am

Johnnytrey23 wrote:
K2C Sooner wrote:
https://newsok.com/article/5620088/report-in-addition-to-austin-kendall-three-other-sooners-in-transfer-portal?no_edit=1&fbclid=IwAR2YXn_IeRhHxCXfYZ_4H8Hj308L-2k40JCy7dDb9J63TPKUhERMQdEDHvA

Gracias. You are more technically advanced than me.

I just stole it from Senior Sooner on the rivals board.:dude:

BTW, if you need help linking an article or posting a picture you can PM me or better yet Claire when she gets off vacation.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2019 01:28 pm

In my haste to keep up with everything I forgot one of the rule changes. When someone leaves the program, it removes one scholly from the 85 cap, but their "signing" still counts against you in the year that they signed. You have a four year rolling "average" of no more than 25 per year for a total of 100 over four years. Clear as mud?

I was told late last night that Bama's already four over this year and they either got some work to do or has some 'splainen to do.

jimmc
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2019 04:06 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
In my haste to keep up with everything I forgot one of the rule changes. When someone leaves the program, it removes one scholly from the 85 cap, but their "signing" still counts against you in the year that they signed. You have a four year rolling "average" of no more than 25 per year for a total of 100 over four years. Clear as mud?

I was told late last night that Bama's already four over this year and they either got some work to do or has some 'splainen to do.

I have mixed feelings about Bama and that rule that allows them to do that legally.

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2019 04:34 pm

One of Sabans trait: "walk to the line put 5 toes over but be careful not to fully cross it with an explanation if needed"Legal Cheating?As stated on another thread"All good things will come to an End"...Good or Bad

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 03:29 pm

from another board, copy of tweet out of Missouri, if true it sounds like Odoms is back in the mix, may have already been hired if the tweet is true.

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 03:43 pm

the Football Brainiacs have Odoms at linebacker and Roy Manning coaching cornerbacks, says more but you have to be a donor. I thought TFB used to be an all free site.

SD-OU

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 04:43 pm

soonerBAS wrote: the Football Brainiacs have Odoms at linebacker and Roy Manning coaching cornerbacks, says more but you have to be a donor. I thought TFB used to be an all free site.It was when it started. Last year they went to a pay format if you wanted the up to date lastest news.

SoonerGGS

Country of Origin: Youngstown, Ohio
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 04:51 pm

https://newsok.com/article/5620214/report-oklahoma-set-to-hire-missouri-linebackers-coach-brian-odom

Seeing news that Odom is hired

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 06:34 pm

Seems as though Riley is very slick. He's totally controlling what comes out as "information" to keep things close to the vest. Just about all the "inside" sources had said that Odom had turned down an interview.

Grinch is making the hires, and Riley is controlling what information "leaks" out. So at this point, we know that Thibs is coaching the D Line and Odom is ILB coach.

Current Rumor is we should hear by the end of the day that Manning is going to be coaching the CBs. Also rumor that Ruffin is going to be the OLBs coach "short term", whatever that really means. I'm not trusting everything I hear, because as stated above, Riley is controlling the information.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:22 pm

Just walked in the door. The Staff will be Grinch Manning, Odoms, Thibs and for Spring may be Ruffin. Ruffin if he stays as a coach will coach what I call DEs and you may call OLBs.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:26 pm

Odom doesn't seem to have a lot of experience. Sometimes that matters, sometimes it doesn't. We'll see I guess.

UtahSooner83

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:27 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
Seems as though Riley is very slick. He's totally controlling what comes out as "information" to keep things close to the vest. Just about all the "inside" sources had said that Odom had turned down an interview.

Grinch is making the hires, and Riley is controlling what information "leaks" out. So at this point, we know that Thibs is coaching the D Line and Odom is ILB coach.

Current Rumor is we should hear by the end of the day that Manning is going to be coaching the CBs. Also rumor that Ruffin is going to be the OLBs coach "short term", whatever that really means. I'm not trusting everything I hear, because as stated above, Riley is controlling the information.

How concerned should we be that Viney might not get a spot and as a result, might leave?

soonershok

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:35 pm

This hires seems a little underwhelming

Soonerheart

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:42 pm

soonershok wrote:
This hires seems a little underwhelmingIt’s another great Riley hire….

This guy has what it takes and will be a very good coach for OU.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:44 pm

soonershok wrote:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly with a "We'll see I guess." I get hiring people you can work with, but I kind of like the credentials to go with it. It almost feels like Mike Stoops bringing Tim Kish. Hopefully I am dead wrong, we need the Sooner line-backing corps to start performing again. As it stands, I don't consider this an "Oklahoma Sooner Quality" hire.

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 08:54 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:
soonershok wrote:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly with a "We'll see I guess." I get hiring people you can work with, but I kind of like the credentials to go with it. It almost feels like Mike Stoops bringing Tim Kish. Hopefully I am dead wrong, we need the Sooner line-backing corps to start performing again. As it stands, I don't consider this an "Oklahoma Sooner Quality" hire.

What the HELL does it take to make you people happy!

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:18 pm

I think Manning and Odoms are very good hires, with Manning being a home run IMO. My only concern is Ruffin, but that is only a "short term" through the spring. I think there will be a new coach before fall camp starts for the OLBs and Ruffin will become an aid. I'm not worried about Viney at this point. He's only an "analyst" and for the moment that will stay the same. I know he want's to be at OU and might just bide his time for another opening.

Soonerheart

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:24 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:
soonershok wrote:

Somewhere along the line someone has always taken a chance on every good young coach based on more than a resume and where a coach has coached.

Sometimes we need to listen to what people who know football such as coaches and players are saying. I have heard nothing but very glowing things said about Brian Odom.

I have learned we should trust in major ways… the instincts and judgment of Lincoln Riley!

OU’s defense is going to gradually improve to the point where it eventually becomes pretty good. This is a great step toward improved OU defensive play and better OU defensive recruiting

Last edited on Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:30 pm by Soonerheart

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:32 pm

something about Odoms that might prove to be a plus would be the amount of time he spent with the strength and conditioning programs, ran Houston for a couple years and spent 7 years with Arizona's. Read where he won the Iron Man award while at OU, hopefully he can inspire a little extra work on that side of things besides the coaching.

to me what this hire comes back to is reading and listening to interviews with Grinch and how his defense is a little different than what most people do, Odom's has coached with him, knows the defense. Now he has one coach that knows it and can help teach not only the players but the other coaches as well, he may not have a resume that jumps out at you but just knowing who is supposed to be where has to help with the learning process.

Soonerheart

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:37 pm

soonerBAS wrote:
something about Odoms that might prove to be a plus would be the amount of time he spent with the strength and conditioning programs, ran Houston for a couple years and spent 7 years with Arizona's. Read where he won the Iron Man award while at OU, hopefully he can inspire a little extra work on that side of things besides the coaching.

to me what this hire comes back to is reading and listening to interviews with Grinch and how his defense is a little different than what most people do, Odom's has coached with him, knows the defense. Now he has one coach that knows it and can help teach not only the players but the other coaches as well, he may not have a resume that jumps out at you but just knowing who is supposed to be where has to help with the learning process.
Very good post^

Teddy Lehmann was just on KREF and said says Odom is an outstanding hire, great person, great recruiter, understands the Grinch’s system very well.

Teddy says this is a very young hungry group of defensive coaches.

Teddy said he talked to Odom about Manning…Odom indicated that he was fantastic coach. He can coach multiple defensive positions and is like “money at all positions”

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:39 pm

Manning coached outside LB at Ucla.. Now he's coaching db's at OU ??? He was also OLB at WSU as well.... Hmm I think Riley is keeping some more stuff close to the vest. I think our LB coaches are Odom and Manning. My guess is they hire a CB coach soon.

Last edited on Mon Jan 14th, 2019 09:41 pm by captnop

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 10:39 pm

47Straight wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote:
soonershok wrote:

Hm, I don't know. Maybe OU having at least Butkus award candidates again from time to time?

bowhuntr

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 10:43 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote: 47Straight wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote:
soonershok wrote:

Hm, I don't know. Maybe OU having at least Butkus award candidates again from time to time?
Well, crap, give the guy a chance, will ya???? :D

WishBone

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:12 pm

"Underwhelming" and the Guy hasnt even stepped on Campus yet?The last Player we had that was a walk on "Baker Mayfield" and Im sure he was called underwhelming a few times at TT.You are allowed your opinion but GEEEZ give the guy a chance.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:13 pm

bowhuntr wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote: 47Straight wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote:
soonershok wrote:

Well, crap, give the guy a chance, will ya???? :D

Nope! Levi Draper wins the Butkus this year or hire Dick Butkus! He's only 76. :lol:

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:28 pm

WishBone wrote:
"Underwhelming" and the Guy hasnt even stepped on Campus yet?The last Player we had that was a walk on "Baker Mayfield" and Im sure he was called underwhelming a few times at TT.You are allowed your opinion but GEEEZ give the guy a chance.

Actually I predicted greatness for Mayfield after watching him at Texas Tech and the offensive line and skill positions he would get to work with at OU and understood the reasons behind his TD to INT ratio that was criticized just as I predicted Knight would not work out before he ever threw a pass at OU.

Odom was hired by his brother and that's the start of his career as far as coaching linebackers. My arm chair pick would have been Chris Marve.

But like I said, "we'll see".

WishBone

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:37 pm

My "Underwhelming comment wasnt pertaining or pointing to you Clint.....I was talking about Folks at TT.But as you said........"We'll see"Have a little faith in the staff.Recliner decisions are easy and dont pay squat.

Last edited on Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:37 pm by WishBone

soonershok

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:41 pm

WishBone wrote:

Where did I say I wasn't going to give him a chance? You're right, it's just MY opinion. I know he is from Oklahoma and there is a lot of praise but I just don't see the "innovative" resume. Sure he could be good who knows???

soonershok

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 14th, 2019 11:44 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
I think Manning and Odoms are very good hires, with Manning being a home run IMO. My only concern is Ruffin, but that is only a "short term" through the spring. I think there will be a new coach before fall camp starts for the OLBs and Ruffin will become an aid. I'm not worried about Viney at this point. He's only an "analyst" and for the moment that will stay the same. I know he want's to be at OU and might just bide his time for another opening.

Shouldn't we expect all of the coaches to be homerun hires?

Current time is 10:58 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page