Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > And Grinch's salary will be...

And Grinch's salary will be...
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 03:53 am

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-alex-grinch-to-make-between-to-million-per/article_d76014f6-112a-11e9-8c1e-e3677033a0ee.html

Attachment: 1 runs.jpg (Downloaded 241 times)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 02:08 pm

Well, I'm pumped up over the Grinch hire. If 25% of that article is 100% accurate then Riley hit a damn home run clear out of the park.

Here is my favorite quote out of the whole deal: "“The bottom line, for his scheme, is effort,” Dotson said. “That’s the end-all, be-all of defensive football. If you miss a tackle, or a gap, or an assignment, as long as you’re busting your ass and going as hard as you can and getting to the football, then you’re in good shape. That was his plan. It was simple.”

Grinch's attitude is 180 degrees from Mike. "You miss an assignment and play hard and bust your ass and you are in good shape." Bless Mike's heart as he just didn't know better as he chewed on his guys for the small stuff.

The more I read about Grinch the happier I am with Riley's judgment and hire of Grinch.

I'm ready to try to walk-on to Grinch's OU defense. [beating head]

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 02:12 pm

In 47's link there are two links to other stories. Be sure to read all of them as they paint a great picture of Grinch's methods.

humblesooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 02:23 pm

“Ohio State had three (defensive coordinators),” Leach said. “That seems like quite a few.”

I can just see the smirk on Leach's face when he says this. I really like Mike Leach.

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 03:08 pm

Quote (The night before every game, Alex would hold a defense-only meeting. This meeting didn’t focus on the game plan or schemes, but instead the players. He would give a motivational speech and tell each and every one of his players he believed in them. He showed them the passion he wanted them to play with.

“He was the kind of guy that would make you want to run through a brick wall,” Dotson said. “He just always knew what to say. He’s just the type of guy that not only makes you want to win for yourself, but also him and everyone else around you. You want to play hard because you know he cares about you.”) WHAT A CONTRAST to what we had!

I think we got the best chose of all that were considered.

Fly:ou:

Mario90

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 05:01 pm

Why not . I like the aggressiveness by our athletic Dept and new president . Plus , we paid mike stoops 1 mil for the worst defense in OU history

whitefeather

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 09:43 pm

That money all comes back to the university. The expectations for Grinch are obviously high, let's see what he can do. I am excited for the next season, and haven't been for several years, so we should see big improvements. I think he will be worth every dime. Mike Leach's comment about 3 DC's was funny. Myer needed that many?

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 01:38 pm

According to http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant Alex was paid $1,158,938 in 2018 at Ohio State.  I took it to imply that he "wanted" to come to Oklahoma instead of waiting it out at Ohio State......since he had family ties to Ohio.

Last edited on Mon Jan 7th, 2019 01:39 pm by AllSooner

gldsooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 07:42 pm

AllSooner wrote:
According to http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant Alex was paid $1,158,938 in 2018 at Ohio State.  I took it to imply that he "wanted" to come to Oklahoma instead of waiting it out at Ohio State......since he had family ties to Ohio.

Looking at this list, I think Bill Bedenbaugh is seriously underpaid. I'd hate to lose him!

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 09:46 pm

Here's what's coming out of Ohio State
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-Greg-Schiano-out-as-defensive-coordinator-Greg-Mattison-coming-to-OSU-127454837/
Bucknuts has also learned from multiple sources that Day never intended on promoting Alex Grinch to defensive coordinator at Ohio State. Grinch left OSU over the weekend to take the defensive coordinator position at Oklahoma, and we've been told that Day told Grinch prior to the Rose Bowl that Grinch should look for other work if he wanted to be in charge of a defense.
This sounds similar to the boy that was turned down by the pretty girl, but told his friends that he never asked her because she wasn't good enuff. 

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 10:01 pm

I dont believe Bucknuts......Sour Grapes.

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 10:24 pm

Reading some of the tosu forums this afternoon there are a lot of their fans who aren't real happy today, they lost Grinch and Schiano and ended up with a 70 year old coach from Michigan. many of them seem to think they came up on the losing end of this deal.

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 11:50 pm

soonerBAS wrote: Reading some of the tosu forums this afternoon there are a lot of their fans who aren't real happy today, they lost Grinch and Schiano and ended up with a 70 year old coach from Michigan. many of them seem to think they came up on the losing end of this deal......and THEY DID!

Current time is 11:19 am