Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 03:46 am

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-alex-grinch-s-football-past-unwavering-passion-makes/article_774588c6-10f8-11e9-919a-4f3d1875c516.html

Attachment: 1 lucifer.jpg (Downloaded 143 times)

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 03:59 am

The honeymoon period has officially started.:dude:

bigedell

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 04:31 am

Realistically, we don’t know if Grinch is going to make the Sooner D “dominant” until they are. But, having a guy who can teach and inspire players is really a great place to start.

But just for fun, can anyone besides me imagine what a season with Riley’s offense clicking, and then having a defense that gives them 20+ more possessions to work with?

I am really hopeful that this is the beginning of a Sooner dynasty.

jimmc
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 01:45 pm

bigedell wrote:
Realistically, we don’t know if Grinch is going to make the Sooner D “dominant” until they are. But, having a guy who can teach and inspire players is really a great place to start.

But just for fun, can anyone besides me imagine what a season with Riley’s offense clicking, and then having a defense that gives them 20+ more possessions to work with?

I am hopeful this is the type and scheme of a defense that will be the counter to the spread offense, just as 8 man fronts were to the option years ago. Perhaps in a few years we will be seeing this type defense played all over high schools in Texas, in the same way Leach's offense grew.

But I would settle for good aggressive downhill defense being played again by OU, and I believe we "will" see that. :D

Last edited on Sun Jan 6th, 2019 01:50 pm by jimmc

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 02:21 pm

jimmc wrote:
bigedell wrote:

I am hopeful this is the type and scheme of a defense that will be the counter to the spread offense, just as 8 man fronts were to the option years ago. Perhaps in a few years we will be seeing this type defense played all over high schools in Texas, in the same way Leach's offense grew.

But I would settle for good aggressive downhill defense being played again by OU, and I believe we "will" see that. :D

I've sure bought into Grinch turning things around.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 06:56 pm

jimmc wrote:
bigedell wrote:

I have to agree with you. I'm not sure in my own mind that there is a "perfect answer" for the spread offense run optimally with all the pieces in place. But this comes as close as anything I can think of.

Current time is 07:07 am