Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 01:24 am

...Alabama is better than I thOUght given their wins against Georgia & OKLAHOMA, but I like Clemson!

As good as the Tide defense is, I think Venables D is better!

As good as Tua is, not too sure the surfer-dude at Clemson isn't every bit as good.

Clemson rolled Notre Dame, didn't even break a sweat.

Alabama rolled OKLAHOMA in the 1st quarter, but fOUnd themselves in a dog-fight the rest of the way.

Saban might be the g.o.a.t., but Dabo's still his most likely replacement should Nick step down.

I'm taking the"Johnny-Come-Lately's", CLEMSON!

:ou::ou::ou:

WishBone

Country of Origin: United States
Signature: Texas Still Sucks
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 02:01 am

Zebras will once again have a hand in this one....Bama

BamaBrian

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 03:39 am

We will go after their secondary. A lot. I think we will also scheme the freshman into making some errors. Their D line is stout and that matchup will be interesting to watch.

Fly

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 03:54 am

BamaBrian wrote:
We will go after their secondary. A lot. I think we will also scheme the freshman into making some errors. Their D line is stout and that matchup will be interesting to watch.

You guys do have a great secondary. Our Lamb gave you fits
though. But you team covered us better than any this year.
It will be a dog fight for sure. I don't think I will touch this one.

Fly:ou:

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 04:10 am

Statistically speaking, Alabama should win.......and that's before factoring in the loss of Clemson's star DT. Clemson's defense has been better in overall efficiency defense this season. However, if Alabama's defense can avoid giving up the big play, the differences between the two defenses are razor thin. In fact, Bama's defense has been better efficiency-wise on non-passing downs and overall success rate.

Clemson has closed the gap with Bama on the offensive side through the course of the season, but Alabama's offense is still significantly better than Clemson's. In fact, Alabama's offense has a tad better success rate efficiency than Oklahoma's this year, though OU was a far better rushing offense (believe it or not, too bad OU didn't have a chance to show this) and red zone scoring offense than Bama's this year. If Clemson can pressure Tua then they can make a game of it.

I know there was a lot of bluster before the game about the Alabama defense not being as good as last year's Georgia defense, but statistically.....they are considerably better. Also, there was some talk that maybe Alabama (overall) wasn't even as good as that Georgia team last year. I just have to say that I hold a different opinion. That Alabama team that OU played last night is far better than any of the CFP teams from the last two years. They're probably the best team since the 2013 FSU team and might even be better than that one.

One factor that may be important is the toll the two semifinal games had on Alabama's and Clemson's defense. ND didn't challenge Clemson at all. I'm quite certain that Alabama's defense knows (and FEELS) it was in a ball game with OU's offense.  

Last edited on Mon Dec 31st, 2018 04:12 am by StatesEye

KS Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 04:28 am

StatesEye wrote:
Statistically speaking, Alabama should win.......and that's before factoring in the loss of Clemson's star DT. Clemson's defense has been better in overall efficiency defense this season. However, if Alabama's defense can avoid giving up the big play, the differences between the two defenses are razor thin. In fact, Bama's defense has been better efficiency-wise on non-passing downs and overall success rate.

Clemson has closed the gap with Bama on the offensive side through the course of the season, but Alabama's offense is still significantly better than Clemson's. In fact, Alabama's offense has a tad better success rate efficiency than Oklahoma's this year, though OU was a far better rushing offense (believe it or not, too bad OU didn't have a chance to show this) and red zone scoring offense than Bama's this year. If Clemson can pressure Tua then they can make a game of it.

I know there was a lot of bluster before the game about the Alabama defense not being as good as last year's Georgia defense, but statistically.....they are considerably better. Also, there was some talk that maybe Alabama (overall) wasn't even as good as that Georgia team last year. I just have to say that I hold a different opinion. That Alabama team that OU played last night is far better than any of the CFP teams from the last two years. They're probably the best team since the 2013 FSU team and might even be better than that one.

One factor that may be important is the toll the two semifinal games had on Alabama's and Clemson's defense. ND didn't challenge Clemson at all. I'm quite certain that Alabama's defense knows (and FEELS) it was in a ball game with OU's offense.  

I'm taking Alabama. I think they will destroy Trevor Lawrence. Clemson is good but I think Alabama is otherworldly.

BamaBrian

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 04:40 am

KS Sooner wrote:
StatesEye wrote:

I’m hoping Miller only has a pull as has been going around but it sure didn’t look good having to be helped to the locker room. I really think we will go after Lawrence a lot, then zone up a bit behind it to confuse the look. We will have our hands full blocking them, but did a pretty good job of it last year when they had the D-line intact. I like our chances of pushing the pocket from the middle with Williams. Their WRs are pretty good too but their strength is the run game.

Last edited on Mon Dec 31st, 2018 04:43 am by BamaBrian

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 11:41 am

Alabama. They're a blue-blood, Clemson is not.

I don't think Clemson will have much success against Alabama's defense. Trevor Lawrence is a very good QB, but he's not Deshaum Watson and that's the type of QB that gives Alabama's defense fits.

Also, Clemson could only score 3 points against Notre Dame then their all-American corner gets injured and then Clemson quickly scores 27 points and then Notre Dame's all-American corner comes back in and Clemson doesn't score again and it wasn't because Clemson was milking the clock.

I won't be surprised in the least to see Alabama beat Clemson by more than 11 points. Clemson's defense is good, but Alabama's offensive line is strong enough to buy time for Tua to hit Irv Smith over the middle, something that is still a weakness of Brent Venables defenses, but mostly disguised due to Clemson's defensive front capability against most teams.

No idea on the score, I just fully expect Alabama to win and by double digits.

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 01:03 pm

I hope Alabama beats them by more than they beat us.

Why? Not just because the obvious of how it makes us look but also Dabo is very high on the jerk o meter.

The freshman qb for Clemson is good, but still a fresman.

pippen

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 05:55 pm

Sorry, but I just don't care. :(

WishBone

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 31st, 2018 10:26 pm

"Dabo is very high on the jerk o meter."

BUMP

oklahomazeppelin

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 1st, 2019 01:31 am

I am for Alabama. I don't like Clemson. I don't like their colors. I don't like Dabo. You might not like Saban or Alabama, but make no mistake, Alabama is much more Oklahoma's kin than a Clemson or LSU or Oregon or USC or Georgia. Alabama and Oklahoma are tradition teams, in crimson. Teams from non-TV markets where college football reigns. Nebraska is like that too.

I respect Alabama. I am for Alabama.

It will be close. They are two great football teams. But Alabama will win, 37-32.

Last edited on Tue Jan 1st, 2019 09:33 am by oklahomazeppelin

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 03:42 am

...I don't like either one of 'em!

Think OKLAHOMA's gonna make it a tri-fecta right away.

Not sure who's going to take the 4th seat at the table for the poker game of the CFP in the coming years,...

BUT,...right now,...

Looks Like I Saw this One Right.

:ou::ou::ou:::rice::

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 04:41 am

...BamaBrian???

Where are yOU?

What yOU got to say?

CuriOUs?

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 04:46 am

Can't stand Dabo, hate orange. As much as I despise everything sec I wanted Bama to win, but now it'll be interesting to see what the Alabama media use for excuses.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 04:58 am

Statistics are not worth a hoot!......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Salt City Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 05:42 am

Gotta admit I was wrong on this one. My thinking was that the one thing that virtually all of Saban's losses have had in common is that the opposing QB went berzerk on him & had a career night. I had my doubts about a true freshman doing such, but he pretty much told me what I could do with that assessment. [bow]

BamaBrian

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 01:58 pm

OU Chinaman wrote:
...BamaBrian???

Where are yOU?

What yOU got to say?

CuriOUs?

Nothing to say to that. Tip your cap to the better team. We never got any pressure, Clemson took advantage everywhere they could and outplayed us.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 02:14 pm

BamaBrian wrote: OU Chinaman wrote:
...BamaBrian???

Where are yOU?

What yOU got to say?

CuriOUs?

Nothing to say to that. Tip your cap to the better team. We never got any pressure, Clemson took advantage everywhere they could and outplayed us.
Well, you better believe we know what it's like to be on the receiving end of one of these in a title game. We've felt your pain, man! Still, I bet winning 5 over the last ten years takes some sting out of it. I'm sure you guys will be back in it next year. Thanks for dropping by and Happy New Year to you.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 02:19 pm

Salt City Sooner wrote:
Gotta admit I was wrong on this one. My thinking was that the one thing that virtually all of Saban's losses have had in common is that the opposing QB went berzerk on him & had a career night. I had my doubts about a true freshman doing such, but he pretty much told me what I could do with that assessment. [bow]

No one predicted that kind of outcome. You just never know which team will show up and which one won't.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 02:26 pm

soonerBAS wrote: Can't stand Dabo, hate orange. As much as I despise everything sec I wanted Bama to win, but now it'll be interesting to see what the Alabama media use for excuses.Bama had to play OU, while Clemson played ND. Nothing left in the tank after playing Oklahoma?

Nah, they won't use that.

Refriedbeans

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 02:44 pm

Clemson sure has a good defense. Wonder where they got their DC from?

WishBone

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 10:53 pm

Clemson sure has a good defense. Wonder where they got their DC from?

Sounds like Refried Beans to me...................come up with something New???

Current time is 10:52 am