Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Any Updates on Hollywood Brown ?

Any Updates on Hollywood Brown ?
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
SwampSooner

Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 10th, 2018 08:04 pm

When the injury happened, we all feared that he was out for the remainder of the year.

A few days later, we heard that it wasn't as bad as first thought and that he may play against Alabama after all.

It has been a week with no further information, so I was wondering if there has been any news on his foot?

Last edited on Mon Dec 10th, 2018 08:04 pm by SwampSooner

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 01:40 am

There is a lot of talk of him being back for the game. I think a lot of that is based on hope. I've heard that there is a chance, but this kind of injury is tricky and trying to come back too soon can make it worse.

SwampSooner

Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 04:08 am

Thanks.  Where I would like for him to play, his health is much more important.  So,as much as I would like for us to silence the Tide, if there is any question, then sit him out.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 11:42 am

It would be amusing if Oklahoma beat Alabama without Oklahoma having its best running back and best receiver out. Anderson was Oklahoma's best running back and he did play in 1 and a partial game this season, so it does count and it's a valid statement. ;)

SoonerinDallas

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 12:30 pm

Not having Brown on the field would really impact our offense. There would be no vertical threat of speed to stretch their defense.

Aries

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 12:36 pm

I was wondering about Hollywood the other day... my guess is either way, Riley is not going to make any announcement until the last minute.

Aries

bowhuntr

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 12:48 pm

SoonerinDallas wrote:
Not having Brown on the field would really impact our offense. There would be no vertical threat of speed to stretch their defense.

Yeah there is no way any of our other speedy wide outs could possibly get behind their defense. :cool:

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 12:52 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
There is a lot of talk of him being back for the game. I think a lot of that is based on hope. I've heard that there is a chance, but this kind of injury is tricky and trying to come back too soon can make it worse.

Rick, do we know the exact nature of the injury? My guess at the time it happened was a break of some kind in one of the 26 foot bones. There are also lots of tendons and ligaments in our feet.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aoPWqAfC6AQ/Rj_lEA1ysAI/AAAAAAAAAM0/sVRVqfwicls/s400/foot_ligaments_lateral%2Bcolored.jpg

jimmc
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 03:26 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
Agreed and even more tricky since he is expected to be a high draft pick.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2018 07:13 pm

Walt wrote:
SoonerRick46 wrote:

Rick, do we know the exact nature of the injury? My guess at the time it happened was a break of some kind in one of the 26 foot bones. There are also lots of tendons and ligaments in our feet.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aoPWqAfC6AQ/Rj_lEA1ysAI/AAAAAAAAAM0/sVRVqfwicls/s400/foot_ligaments_lateral%2Bcolored.jpg

I was first told it was a broken bone in his foot, a stress fracture. Lately there's been some backpedaling. It could be either stress fracture or a sprained ligament.

Current time is 04:18 am