Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
Soonerheart

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 10:17 pm

Riley needs to establish discipline on this team NOW! Or risk losing the entire team.

Those who cannot stop committing personal fouls need to be benched at least until the next series.

Those who refuse to tackle like men should be replaced by walk-ons who will at least give effort.

Last edited on Sun Nov 18th, 2018 10:17 pm by Soonerheart

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 10:35 pm

echo101 wrote:
LD Jackson wrote:
If the players are having to be coddled, do we need to clean house there as well? What happens when a good, coach brings his own team to OU and in the midst of changing the defensive culture, does a great job of coaching, but puts up with no nonsense from the players? Is he going to be required to coddle them?

While I've also enjoyed seeing former players become assistants at OU it's not always worked out so well. Cale is the only one on staff I wouldn't mess with but the others can go as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the buddy system Stoops was employing and I'd rather see new assistants come in from all corners of the country, new blood and new ideas. No more friends or relatives. This is a big job and it needs to be taken seriously.

No, no and no as you are picking on the wrong side of the ball. I don't see an issue with a single one of the offensive staff. Bedenbaugh is one of the best OL coaches out there. Simmons has recruited lights out. Both Beamer and Boulware seem to be doing a good job as well. Cale is great as well and is also recruiting well.

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2018 11:19 pm

...the OKLAHOMA offense has been great and the reason this squad is 10-1.

I'm a nervOUs wreck about Morgantown Friday.

I know OKLAHOMA's NEVER LOST to West Va. since they joined the Big 12, but the Mountaineers season just went up in smoke after they lost to Cornholio's Pukes (I mean Pokes).
They've got nothing left to lose. Their fans are just this side of crazy, and they'll have had all day sipping moonshine, smoking weed, and fornicating with their cousins. It'll be wild and probably cold as a steel toilet on the shady side of an iceberg.

Oddly, I still like OUr chances. Think West Va. has been over-rated all year. But, they're wounded, they're cornered at home, with a potential Heisman Trophy qb and the Big 12 Big Dog's 12-0 record stepping on their field. Grier & Stihls make them dangerous. Dana's gonna throw everything he has in this game.

With all the criticism of OKLAHOMA's Defensive coaches and players, (deserved, no dOUbt) there IS ONE LAST CHANCE to SAVE FACE! Beat the Mountaineers Friday, and Win the Big 12 Title Game re-match with the Hated Horns!!!

I know I'm probably just whistling past the graveyard, but I just can't believe that my beloved SOONERS are so dysfunctional on the defensive side that they can't rise up, sell OUt, WIN 2 more games, and wear the champions crown despite their shortcomings.

I'm nervous, but I still believe!

:ou::ou::ou:

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 12:07 am

I'll just put this here. No reason starting another thread with stats.....

Oklahoma fell ten spots (from 67 to 77) in the S&P+ defensive rating after last night. When MS left, Oklahoma held the 52nd rating spot. OU's defensive improved (according to S&P+) during the TCU and KSU games and climbed to the lower 40's, if I remember correctly. After the Texas Tech and Oklahoma State games they held the 67th spot.

They were 101st at the end of last year, for reference.

Oh, I need to add that Oklahoma remains way, way out in front of Alabama as the nation's top offense. Alabama is way ahead of third place Georgia. Teams 3 thru 5 are pretty bunched together. OU is further ahead of Bama than Bama is ahead of Georgia.

Lastly, Kansas' offensive rating is 116!!!!

Last edited on Mon Nov 19th, 2018 12:18 am by StatesEye

KJinSkiatook

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 12:32 am

StatesEye wrote:
I'll just put this here. No reason starting another thread with stats.....

Oklahoma fell ten spots (from 67 to 77) in the S&P+ defensive rating after last night. When MS left, Oklahoma held the 52nd rating spot. OU's defensive improved (according to S&P+) during the TCU and KSU games and climbed to the lower 40's, if I remember correctly. After the Texas Tech and Oklahoma State games they held the 67th spot.

They were 101st at the end of last year, for reference.

Oh, I need to add that Oklahoma remains way, way out in front of Alabama as the nation's top offense. Alabama is way ahead of third place Georgia. Teams 3 thru 5 are pretty bunched together. OU is further ahead of Bama than Bama is ahead of Georgia.

Lastly, Kansas' offensive rating is 116!!!!

Good grief. I know stats aren’t everything in rating teams and all that, but at this point in the season comparative team rankings speak volumes. When the 116th ranked offense sets near program records on you, that is beyond belief. I’m glad our offense is near the greatest of all time or this season would be a complete abomination.

Soonerheart

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 12:55 am

I’m really curious if Riley will make coaching change announcements before the early singing date.

If it’s Golding, it seems reasonable to believe this might excite defense recruits and the announcement would be made within a few days after the conference title games

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 01:03 am

Soonerheart wrote:
I’m really curious if Riley will make coaching change announcements before the early singing date.

If it’s Golding, it seems reasonable to believe this might excite defense recruits and the announcement would be made within a few days after the conference title games

That would be an ideal outcome IMO.

gcruse7

Country of Origin: USA
Signature: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 02:17 pm

Soonerheart wrote:

Depending on Golding's arrangement with Saban and Alabama, I wouldn't be surprised if announcements are held off until after the signing date. They don't want to scare off any recruits that he brought in to Alabama.

Personally my opinion is that if they get the hire right, I could care less when it is announced.

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 04:34 pm

gcruse7 wrote: Soonerheart wrote:

Depending on Golding's arrangement with Saban and Alabama, I wouldn't be surprised if announcements are held off until after the signing date. They don't want to scare off any recruits that he brought in to Alabama.

Personally my opinion is that if they get the hire right, I could care less when it is announced.
And he's allowed a free hand in structuring his team of coaches!

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 04:37 pm

"What you do think about the execution of the Sooner defense?"

"I'm all for it."

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 06:52 pm

Here's a bit of public information that will steer everyone in the right direction. Many of the current Defensive commits and their parents are now following Gloding's Twitter account.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 06:59 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
Here's a bit of public information that will steer everyone in the right direction. Many of the current Defensive commits and their parents are now following Gloding's Twitter account.

Yeah, noticed 3 of them on a quick glance and only one of them was offered by Alabama and he's not interested in Alabama and 100% on Oklahoma. It's looking good. I was pleased with either Heacok or Golding being selected for different reasons, but either one will be a win for Oklahoma imo.

Golding did really nice work at UTSA and Saban is the best in the business in evaluating assistant coaches. That really is his greatest strength outside of being a relentlessly hard worker.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 07:10 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:
SoonerRick46 wrote:

Yeah, noticed 3 of them on a quick glance and only one of them was offered by Alabama and he's not interested in Alabama and 100% on Oklahoma. It's looking good. I was pleased with either Heacok or Golding being selected for different reasons, but either one will be a win for Oklahoma imo.

Golding did really nice work at UTSA and Saban is the best in the business in evaluating assistant coaches. That really is his greatest strength outside of being a relentlessly hard worker.

Riley is walking a very fine line on this hire. I don't know for sure, YET that Golding is the hire. What I do know is all the signs point to Golding.

I'm hoping that Golding is the guy. I really like the idea of these two very young coaches being the leaders of this team.

My gut tells me that Golding being hired will hold the 2019 defensive recruits. The 2020 class is just beginning to take off. Golding might be the guy to light up a fire under that class.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 07:13 pm

Walt you have a pm.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 07:34 pm

Anyone know what front Golding ran at UTSA?

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 07:46 pm

IF Golding is the one, that will mean the last two Lincoln hires are from the Saban tree!  Get it.....No Tech ties!

Soonerbornsoonerbrett

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 08:53 pm

What are thoughts on Shane Beamer in all this? Would he be swept out on a "clean sweep" with the new hire? I think he's done a pretty good job with the special teams, and may not even be considered a defensive coach? Think he'll stay?

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 09:02 pm

Soonerbornsoonerbrett wrote:
What are thoughts on Shane Beamer in all this? Would he be swept out on a "clean sweep" with the new hire? I think he's done a pretty good job with the special teams, and may not even be considered a defensive coach? Think he'll stay?

Great question Brett. For me, I would like to see Chip Viney keep his position. Great recruiter in California.

I would also would like to see a place for Ruffin, maybe as an advisor. Riley seems to value him and being a young coach he needs to bounce his ideas off someone he respects and trust.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 09:04 pm

ClintA.Adams wrote:

He ran a base 4-2-5 but he would mix in a 3-3-5 from time to time.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 09:07 pm

Hiring a new DC won't have any effect on Beamer.

Soonerbornsoonerbrett

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 09:29 pm

Walt wrote:

Hiring a new DC won't have any effect on Beamer.

{Thumbs up gif}

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2018 09:41 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
ClintA.Adams wrote:

He ran a base 4-2-5 but he would mix in a 3-3-5 from time to time.

Perfect. Thanks. I like him even more. ;)

Sooner42

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2018 12:05 am

SoonerRick46 wrote:

Attachment: FFAB570D-38E5-4837-94D8-D4063BFE3F56.jpeg (Downloaded 128 times)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2018 01:10 am

The Golding rumor is also on at least one of the Bama message boards. It has been there for a few days. It is a pretty long thread ... I just read a few posts. They don't seem to care one way or the other. They are used to Saban's coaching being poached and think he will be easily replaced. Some don't seem to think he is quit ready for a full blown DC job.

Who knows until he has a chance to show what he can do.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2018 01:28 am

I couldn't care less on what dipstick Alabama fans think. OU is going to get their defense fixed and instead of OU just owning Alabama, OU will own them by bigger margins of victory. If they think Heupel and Knight were tough, just wait until they face Riley and any OU QB.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2018 01:33 am

With that said, I read part of that thread on Tidefans and those redneck retards don't seem to grasp the concept that he was a DC before coming to Alabama.

oupunk

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2018 03:03 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:

Any updates? Seems like current chatter is that the Golding deal has fallen through.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2018 07:05 pm

oupunk wrote:
SoonerRick46 wrote:

Any updates? Seems like current chatter is that the Golding deal has fallen through.

I've not read anything from any reliable site on Golding in the last week or so. That might mean two things have happened. First, he may be headed somewhere else. Second, he may have reached a deal with OU and the deal is done.

I think he "might" be a good choice. Also think there are quite a few guys out there that also "might" be good choices.

I trust in Riley to find the right guy for his program.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2018 07:10 pm

If Alabama and Oklahoma both win, we'll know next week imo.

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2018 08:12 pm

yea, I kind of wonder if everyone involved in this didn't say lets slow down a bit, both teams don't need the distraction right here at the end of the season.

Current time is 04:18 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3