Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Has Bob commented on the firing of his brother Mike?

Has Bob commented on the firing of his brother Mike?
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 03:08 am

A future HOF head coach hasn't made a public comment on brother Mike's firing that I've seen. Have any of you seen anything?

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 03:50 am

Don't hold your breath waiting on Bob saying anything in public about Mike's departure! 

SoonerMachine

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 04:26 am

I'm glad both are gone.

Silver Screen Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 06:08 am

Bob has said, "it's not my place to comment".

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 04:33 pm

I always like Stoops, however (to me) the whole mike thing leaves a bit of a stain on his legacy.. Mike should've been fired in 2014. Then when Stoops left he kinda forced Riley to keep Mike. I think having Mike as a DC cost OU a shot at Bama. Don't know if We would've won, however OU would've been in the title game.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 04:36 pm

If OU had a capable DC, I have no doubt Oklahoma would have defeated Saban University last season. If it wasn't for Oklahoma's defense, Oklahoma's offense would have actually scored even more against one of the best defenses in the nation last season in Georgia.

SoonerinLA

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 06:34 pm

Bob hasn't said much about Mike's departure nor should he. We can imagine how Bob feels. It's his brother but Bob also saw how many points we were giving up.

I really hope we don't turn the defense over to Ruffin on a permanent basis. Let's find a hotshot DC than can recruit. I doubt Lincoln stays more than 5 years. A new DC may even have a chance to move up to head coach in a few years.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 07:13 pm

SoonerinLA wrote:
Bob hasn't said much about Mike's departure nor should he. We can imagine how Bob feels. It's his brother but Bob also saw how many points we were giving up.

I really hope we don't turn the defense over to Ruffin on a permanent basis. Let's find a hotshot DC than can recruit. I doubt Lincoln stays more than 5 years. A new DC may even have a chance to move up to head coach in a few years.

I had hopes for Ruffin. There is some improvement, but there were a few head scratchers last week IMO. I agree with you, go find someone who can recruit, deal with the unique challenges of this league and potentially be in line for a HC when Riley leaves.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 07:48 pm

I actually think Riley is going to be here the next few decades and establish a dynasty built off of an already great college football program. He will soon be getting full blown NFL money, but without the NFL risk and headaches. I think his small town up-bringing is an environment he likes and Norman, Oklahoma will give you that compared to a Los Angeles or Miami or wherever in the NFL.

They need to bump up Coach Bedenbaugh's salary at the end of the season by a noticeable margin. He's extremely valuable.

After seeing so many DCs burned in this conference regardless of how good the defensive reputation, I am still most intrigued by Heacock regardless of age. And should OU and Iowa St. meet up in the conference title game and should OU's offense under-perform for a 3rd straight time against Heacock, that could be the deal sealer. View it as a Bob Stoops noticing Mike Leach's performance at Kentucky kind of deal.

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 9th, 2018 08:04 pm

Look I think Ruffin's done a good job. There is 1 issue. Our DL talent particularly at tackle is not what it should be. OU has some decent LB's, finally. However LB depth is not what is should be. If your DL can't put pressure on their OL.. there's only so much you can do. From everything I've read Ruffin did'nt really want the DC job. He's just doing it for Riley till the season is over. I figure OU will get a SEC DC with recruiting ties to that area, which is what OU needs.. I wouldn't be opposed to Heacock either. The guy can coach and lincoln can recruit!

Last edited on Fri Nov 9th, 2018 08:08 pm by captnop

Current time is 06:43 pm