Print
AuthorPost
Manoewar

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 09:02 am

oklahomazeppelin wrote:
CBS posted that OU won with Austin Seubert FG in regulation..

In his defense I truly think there had to have been a two year agreement before Bob stepped down. The fact that he still lingers around the program is another problem UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. Whatever happens I think this has to be it for Mike. Texas is now finding its footing is seems iand we need to take advantage of this year. The offense loses a lot of key pieces next you and the team will be flux.

bowhuntr

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:23 am

danella74 wrote:
Might as well fired the whole staff. Offense didn’t even score in the second half.

The offense had the ball 3 times in the half, 3 TIMES!!! This is not on the offense.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:46 am

bowhuntr wrote:
danella74 wrote:
Might as well fired the whole staff. Offense didn’t even score in the second half.

The offense had the ball 3 times in the half, 3 TIMES!!! This is not on the offense.

Yep and hard to get in a rhythm when you only have that many possessions.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:48 am

oklahomazeppelin wrote:
CBS posted that OU won with Austin Seubert FG in regulation.

Well, let's take it a step further. Do you think Riley put in the backups too soon after Oklahoma built a 28-0 lead against Army? :D

Gandalf

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:49 am

I have changed my find after yesterday’s game. Keep Mike and double his salary. :big confused:

bowhuntr

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:53 am

Riley almost blew it by playing for he FG at the end of regulation. Even Merv said so in the post game show.

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 12:28 pm

What is the deal with Siebert?????

Is it the pressure or is he missing them in practice also??

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 12:34 pm

Zgeo wrote:
What is the deal with Siebert?????

Is it the pressure or is he missing them in practice also??

Based on career, it's pressure.

Great on kickoffs
Good on punts
OK on field goals
Poor on clutch kicks.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 12:39 pm

Rule #1: Never trust a DC that wears his visor this way in a press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3sajPHQ5g

humblesooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 12:49 pm

bowhuntr wrote:
danella74 wrote:

OU possessed the ball for less than 15 minutes...for the game. Five of that was the first quarter when they scored 2 touchdowns. In the 2nd and 3rd, less than 3 minutes each quarter. Mike's defense was not prepared for the option, played poorly and ended up playing 45 minutes in the game, twice for over 10 minutes per drive. They were gassed, but that is on them and the "strategy" the coordinator put in for the vaunted and prolific Black Knight option offense.
Duke had the same issues. No wait. Duke held Army to 14 points while scoring 34. DUKE!

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 12:54 pm

So, according to Mike's theory, Army would do the same to an Alabama team.   Yeah right!

SoonerVikeThunder

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 02:02 pm

AllSooner wrote:
So, according to Mike's theory, Army would do the same to an Alabama team.   Yeah right!

Question: Would Army hire Mike if they had an opening? I think not.

It was funny the Bama reference.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 04:47 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
AllSooner wrote:

Question: Would Army hire Mike if they had an opening? I think not.

It was funny the Bama reference.

I think the bigger problem is several schools would not and probably most Big 12 programs would rather have their DC than OU's. The worst part is ISU's DC is only getting about 300k and runs circles around Mike Stoops. Mike Stoops is getting 950k a year, so when OU does hire their next defensive coordinator, they need to go for gold and bump that up to 1.5m or so.

SoonerVikeThunder

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 05:08 pm

My biggest beef is those who say be patient he will be gone end of the year. Well, our Natty window is also passing us by too. We’ve been on a great run of offensive talent the likes of no other program has had such a great run. And once Kyler goes pro BB our talent level drops off. So even if we fire Mike after the season its too late in my opinion. We will have wasted so many potential Natty teams on “being patient for 7 years” with regards to Mike.

I am perplexed how we can throw all those years away and be ok with it. The role players on offense who play/ed with our stud offensive players will never get chances in NFL and are left shortchanged due to one coach. Its a travesty.

I even see cracks in the offense exposed in Rose Bowl and now this year. Everyone annointed Riley last year but to me he had Baker who was so good as an on field coach. My take last year was this year would be his true test (without Baker). So far he is doing good but has some shortcomings being exposed. The not going for it. The squib kick last year. The OT decisions Rose Bowl. The “non decision” regarding firing Mike. This is on him and so far he is showing his young age.

Last edited on Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 05:12 pm by SoonerVikeThunder

bigedell

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 06:02 pm

SoonerVikeThunder wrote:
My biggest beef is those who say be patient he will be gone end of the year. Well, our Natty window is also passing us by too. We’ve been on a great run of offensive talent the likes of no other program has had such a great run. And once Kyler goes pro BB our talent level drops off. So even if we fire Mike after the season its too late in my opinion. We will have wasted so many potential Natty teams on “being patient for 7 years” with regards to Mike.

I am perplexed how we can throw all those years away and be ok with it. The role players on offense who play/ed with our stud offensive players will never get chances in NFL and are left shortchanged due to one coach. Its a travesty.

I even see cracks in the offense exposed in Rose Bowl and now this year. Everyone annointed Riley last year but to me he had Baker who was so good as an on field coach. My take last year was this year would be his true test (without Baker). So far he is doing good but has some shortcomings being exposed. The not going for it. The squib kick last year. The OT decisions Rose Bowl. The “non decision” regarding firing Mike. This is on him and so far he is showing his young age.

Absolutely correct!

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2018 12:51 pm

I think Mike is gone January....

I also think any chance of a Natty went out the door with Rodney’s injury....we just don’t have another Rodney....think back to 2008,with Murray out we couldn’t beat UF , if we had Murray that would have been #8.....

Last year was a wasted opportunity more so than this year and it was the conservative offense that squandered the opportunity, we have to play all out for 4 or 5 quarters to win, we can’t coast to a championship....

So I just hope one of the RBs improves to close to the level of Rodney or we won’t even win the Big 12.....

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2018 01:00 pm

Zgeo wrote:
I think Mike is gone January....

I also think any chance of a Natty went out the door with Rodney’s injury....we just don’t have another Rodney....think back to 2008,with Murray out we couldn’t beat UF , if we had Murray that would have been #8.....

Last year was a wasted opportunity more so than this year and it was the conservative offense that squandered the opportunity, we have to play all out for 4 or 5 quarters to win, we can’t coast to a championship....

So I just hope one of the RBs improves to close to the level of Rodney or we won’t even win the Big 12.....

Indeed. Anderson won't be the difference between making it to the playoffs or not, but I do think he is the difference between winning the first playoff game or not. You just don't replace a guy that went for over 200 rushing yards and 2 TDs in a playoff game.

Current time is 02:50 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8