Print
AuthorPost
OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Sep 1st, 2018 01:39 pm

We will be chatting during the game. There always is a good group people in the chatroom during the game. If you are new then try to join us, it is always lively and fun.

The chat software that we are using is called 'Slack'. I think Slack is the most popular chat in use today. I think Slack has around 8 million commercial users. If you want to learn more about it or you need help then you can always Google 'Slack'.

1. How do I register for the chat room?

If you haven't registered already for the chatroom then Register for SoonerTimes chat

2. Once I am registered, how do I get into the chatroom?

Once you are registered, all that you have to do access the chatroom is enter this URL, https://soonertimes.slack.com , in your browser. You can also access chat by clicking on the "Chat" button on the top of this page.

You can also download the slack app on your Ipads/Iphones and android devices. The mobile apps work great so use those if you aren't at home.

3. After I login, I cannot find the chatroom. Where is the chat room?

Once you login to the chat software to enter the chatroom, click on the #soonertimes channel.

The channels are found on the top lefthand side of your screen. If you are on a mobile device and you don't see the #soonertimes channel then touch the SoonerTimes text on the top lefthand corner of your device and you should see the channels. Or click anywhere that you see #soonertimes and you should be redirected to the chatroom.

4. Why does my real name show up in the chatroom?

If you have a SoonerTimes nickname/handle that you would like to use then edit your slack profile and change your Display Name to your handle

Current time is 11:17 am