Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > A 5-star Oklahoma commit says the Sooners will ‘bury’ Texas, and he might be right

A 5-star Oklahoma commit says the Sooners will ‘bury’ Texas, and he might be right
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 02:01 pm

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/7/3/17529396/oklahoma-commits-class-2018

Attachment: Creede 2007 035.jpg (Downloaded 70 times)

pOUlon4747

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 02:21 pm

There is most certainly a new era in Norman. Riley is really connecting with these recruits and they love him.

Love the fact they are already hating Texas! :D:burningwhorns:

Tom Herman after reading this article (';')

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 02:30 pm

how great is it that right now we have been beating Texas... and we get to laugh at them at the same time. All you have to do is wait, Tom will do something goofy, carrying a baseball bat to a football game, picking up a sledge hammer and taking on a locker, only to have the locker win.:D but at least his players get a kiss.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 05:57 pm

Lincoln has a lot of the same traits as Switzer. Switzer was a brash, loud mouth of a head coach. However, he backed it all up with his recruiting and his coaching. The best part of Switzer was his ability to transfer his attitude to his players. He made them run his offense until it was rote for them. They had the confidence and the played loose and free, no worries.

I hope that is what Riley will do. Prepare his kids till they don't have to think. Just go out there, have fun and just play the game. Just like Stiwzer's kids did.

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 06:48 pm

Walt wrote:
Lincoln has a lot of the same traits as Switzer. Switzer was a brash, loud mouth of a head coach. However, he backed it all up with his recruiting and his coaching. The best part of Switzer was his ability to transfer his attitude to his players. He made them run his offense until it was rote for them. They had the confidence and the played loose and free, no worries.

I hope that is what Riley will do. Prepare his kids till they don't have to think. Just go out there, have fun and just play the game. Just like Stiwzer's kids did.

Barry and Lincoln are polar opposites IMO. My goodness, he comments about the Georgia defense, big deal. Compare that with Switzer commenting about Royal, BYU, Bengals being the KSU of pro football and so on. I love me some Barry, but Riley isn't even in the same park with comments.

Don't believe me, just check out the sideline demeanor. Barry kneeled and smoked cigarettes. LR is more in line with Mike Leach and is in constant concentration on what's happening on the field.

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 07:24 pm

as to the question in the title of the thread did he take a shot at Georgia, my answer is no at least from reading the transcript above. It sounds like he was standing up for the Big12 and not really taking a shot at anyone.

I see more Bob Stoops in these comments than I do Barry Switzer, Bob was quick to defend his team and conference and sometimes someone has to, with the other conferences having a stronger media voice with their tv contracts every once in awhile someone has to say slow down and look at the whole picture. if not then by playoff selection time the opinion spewed forth now over and over becomes accepted as fact rather than opinion/hype.

well I read the Georgia thread and saw Switzer, then read the Texas thread and saw Switzer and replied to the wrong thread.... oops.

Last edited on Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 07:28 pm by soonerBAS

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 11:44 pm

Love the confidence........don't care much for the bulletin board material.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jul 4th, 2018 12:07 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote:
Love the confidence........don't care much for the bulletin board material.

(y):beer:

Current time is 04:20 am