AuthorPost
ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 05:45 pm

Well, I just don't know what to say out side of, well, dumb ass:

http://kfor.com/2018/04/16/former-ou-football-star-arrested-after-allegedly-assaulting-edmond-police-officer/

SoonerRick46
Ragtags

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 05:47 pm

SMH. Just dumb.

Shelstin

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 06:08 pm

It looks like Roy forgot how to say "Yes Sir" and "No Sir". And that other stuff is pretty much legal in Canada. He probably forgot he was back in Oklahoma. But damn! Looks like Edmond has some muscle on the force! I'm not sure I really buy the "during the struggle, he sustained some lacerations. I think he got the crap beat out of him.

ArmySooner
Administrator

Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 06:56 pm

Dangit. A little bit of weed, MAYBE a DWI. Heck, had he not been an idiot, he probably would have got away with a citation.

ClintA.Adams
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 07:09 pm

Shelstin wrote:
It looks like Roy forgot how to say "Yes Sir" and "No Sir". And that other stuff is pretty much legal in Canada. He probably forgot he was back in Oklahoma. But damn! Looks like Edmond has some muscle on the force! I'm not sure I really buy the "during the struggle, he sustained some lacerations. I think he got the crap beat out of him.

Yeah, he got the crap beat out of him for sure, but with that said, I'm a firm believer in "play stupid games, win stupid prizes." ;)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 07:54 pm

Shelstin wrote: It looks like Roy forgot how to say "Yes Sir" and "No Sir". And that other stuff is pretty much legal in Canada. He probably forgot he was back in Oklahoma. But damn! Looks like Edmond has some muscle on the force! I'm not sure I really buy the "during the struggle, he sustained some lacerations. I think he got the crap beat out of him.
What is it about this story that is so hard to believe?  

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 11:51 pm

...was always kind of a fan of Roy Finch. He does a lot more than just play for the Stampeders, he's a bona fide STAR for Calgary.

Obviously, his "resistance" led to punitive action by the Edmond PD. No sympathy or empathy.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Seems to me that angry young black men could better serve their race & culture by learning to comply with the commands given by a LEO. Was something my father taught me when I was a youngster. He told me,

"Son, when you're out in public, and for whatever reason you get involved with police officers,...DO EXACTLY AS THEY TELL YOU! No matter how right you are, or how wrong they are, DO EXACTLY AS THEY TELL YOU! If they arrest you, go quietly and respectfully, even if they aren't. THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO KILL YOU, IF THEY THINK ITS JUSTIFIED! Understand that & believe it. Submit to their authority, and you will at least spare yourself a beating, maybe a shooting, and have your day in court. And if you do this son, I'll be in your corner. If you're right, I'll move heaven and earth to fight for you, because you were intelligent enough to submit to the policeman's authority.

Never forgot that talk. Never really needed it. Never been arrested. Never been charged or convicted of any crime whatsoever.

My physical well being, and personal liberty were always more important to me than any "Street Cred" that resisting arrest might offer me from my peers.

Every time I see one of these situations, I thank my personal God that I had a father who understood and shared with me wisdom about making my way in a world with policemen.

Wishing Roy Finch only the best.

OU, OU, OU!!!

Current time is 08:16 pm