Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams  

Print
AuthorPost
cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 23rd, 2018 10:38 am

OU gets first commit from 2023. From the Diamond Sport Hotshots.

https://www.hotshotsnation.com/?lightbox=dataItem-jcko8f3p

The word is this is a very talented player, good pickup for OU. She is on the same team as current commit Savannah Geurin.

Last edited on Tue Jan 23rd, 2018 10:40 am by cclift38

OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 23rd, 2018 07:53 pm

Is she our first 7th grader?

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 24th, 2018 12:58 am

Yes this our first. It’s the 4th that I know of. Florida has 2. The word is we can expect a flurry of them before the rules are voted on.

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 24th, 2018 02:18 am

What were you thinking when you were in the seventh grade?

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 24th, 2018 02:51 am

Lets not kill the messenger on this one :D. I know that verbals from 7th graders would get a lot of negative reaction. The vote on rule changes according to Flo is happening in April with a lot of support. In my opinion you can't blame the coach's for playing the current system and trying to fill out their classes before the rule change. Its keeping up with the Jones's. I seen an interesting interview with Karen Weekly who is in support of the rule changes. In her opinion it would actually just be a matter of time before a 6th grader developed quickly and got an offer. With the support I do think its going to pass and you won't see verbals until they are juniors. The only thing I don't look forward to is with 4 to 5 years of classes being full we are not going to see any new verbals for years. But we can still follow our verbals and how their doing. There is also thoughts that teams will try to flip verbals more under the new system. More like football. You'll get a verbal and have to hold on until signing day.

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 24th, 2018 03:11 am

I don't know that I have an opinion about whether girls in the seventh and eighth grade should be making a commitment.

I just tend to look back and think of what I thought about the future in the seventh grade.  I had no thoughts that college was even a possibility.  Of course, I was in a school that had no sports, and I had never seen a football game other than on TV.  Had seen a men's softball league.  I don't know that any kid in my class had thought of anything further down the road than summer vacation.

It has to be exciting for a seventh or eighth grader to be acknowledged by any university.

OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 24th, 2018 04:48 am

I knew I was going to college in 7th grade but I didn't know which one until the end of my senior year in high school.

I have always thought the ridiculously early age that the  girls were committing was ridiculous and I am glad they are not going to allow commits until they are high school juniors. At least in the 11th grade there is a chance it is the girl's decision rather than the parents'.

SoonerSpock
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN OR THINK YOU CAN'T, YOU ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 05:05 pm

I don't have a FloSoftball membership so I cannot get the name. Perhaps cclift38 or someone else can. Report dated 3/22.

https://www.flosoftball.com/

Last edited on Tue Mar 27th, 2018 05:06 pm by SoonerSpock

JustLoveSoftball

Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 06:11 pm

Madyson Manning a 2023 Utility Player from Monroe Louisiana. Plays with Diamond Sports Hotshots club.

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 06:48 pm

So, another Maddie Manning.

scrybe

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 07:03 pm

No, not Maddie. It's Mady's "son." LOL

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 07:08 pm

Yeah we've been way ahead of flosoftball on the recruiting trail. Posted about Manning being a verbal back in January.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 07:09 pm

This was the thread started on Manning.

JustLoveSoftball

Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 08:04 pm

I was merely stating that’s who they were talking about I remember reading your earlier post about her

tycat947

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 08:15 pm

cclift38 wrote:
Lets not kill the messenger on this one :D. I know that verbals from 7th graders would get a lot of negative reaction. The vote on rule changes according to Flo is happening in April with a lot of support. In my opinion you can't blame the coach's for playing the current system and trying to fill out their classes before the rule change. Its keeping up with the Jones's. I seen an interesting interview with Karen Weekly who is in support of the rule changes. In her opinion it would actually just be a matter of time before a 6th grader developed quickly and got an offer. With the support I do think its going to pass and you won't see verbals until they are juniors. The only thing I don't look forward to is with 4 to 5 years of classes being full we are not going to see any new verbals for years. But we can still follow our verbals and how their doing. There is also thoughts that teams will try to flip verbals more under the new system. More like football. You'll get a verbal and have to hold on until signing day.

So, is this going to be the same rule in all NCAA sports? Or does it just affect softball? If it does just affect softball, why is it different than the other sports?

Definitely not coming at you, cclift38, if all sports have different recruiting rules then it doesn’t make sense to me!!! :big confused:

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 08:51 pm

I believe all sports have their own recruiting rules. My understanding is La Cross was having an early recruiting problem so they changed it and this is following their blueprint. From what I've heard you'd have to be a junior before contact is made. I think there are 2 different proposals but I don't know the specifics.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 08:57 pm

I actually don't have flosoftball membership right now. I figured I'd pick it back up when the PGF championships start. With Extra Inning Softball popping up doing the 100 lists I wanted to wait to see how it all plays out. Right now it seems like we are finding out recruiting before they do, that and the hot 100 list, and the PGF games were the reason I payed membership. If extra innings is going to do the Hot 100 and we can beat them on the verbals I'll probably just pay when something is going on that I want to see. Extra Innings you also have to pay also, so it could be a bit pricey doing both.

tycat947

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2018 09:53 pm

cclift38 wrote:
I believe all sports have their own recruiting rules. My understanding is La Cross was having an early recruiting problem so they changed it and this is following their blueprint. From what I've heard you'd have to be a junior before contact is made. I think there are 2 different proposals but I don't know the specifics.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea.

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 28th, 2018 01:13 am

I have subscriptions to both Flo and Extra. It's worth it if you love all things softball otherwise just wait for one us to pass on information. As far as keeping up with commits I have found it's best to follow the individual PGF teams on Twitter. Flo is always behind with that info.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 03:06 am

https://extrainningsoftball.com/recruiting-2023-catcher-leah-mcanally-verbals-to-oklahoma/

Today kicks off the NCAA-mandated “No-Recruiting Contact” rules meaning a prospect cannot discuss recruiting with college coaches, but before that legislation began dozens of players committed to their schools of choice.

One of those was 2023 catcher Leah McAnally, a talented and highly coveted backstop who plays for the Gametime Stars 2022 SYD team.

Sydney Angle, Leah's teammate who died in the 2013 Moore tornado.
In this article, you’ll hear from the several people in Leah’s life including the Gametime Stars recruiting director, her club coach, her parents and the athlete herself about her start in softball and how the tragic death of teammate Sydney Angle, a nine-year-old teammate who was one of 24 killed in the May 2013 Moore, Oklahoma tornado, impacted her and began her love for Sooners’ softball.

SCOTT SMITH – GAMETIME STARS RECRUITING COORDINATOR, HEAD COACH OF 16U 2020 GOLD TEAM
Gametime has a great history with players in the University of Oklahoma softball program: currently there are three of our alumni on the roster in Caleigh Clifton, Raegan Rogers and Lindsey Elam. We also have former pitcher Jadyn Chestnut now at OKC University. We are truly honored and now we are able to keep it going with another great athlete Leah Mac!

Leah is one the hardest working young ladies I have seen. Day in and day out she is in the gym with our Strength Trainer Coach Brown and is always working and striding to be her best.

Remember her name—she will play and be a difference maker!

LANDON MCNEILL – HEAD COACH OF GAMETIME STARS 2022 GOLD SYD
Leah has played on our team since she was eight-years old. In 2013 Leah's teammate, Sydney, was tragically killed in a tornado in Moore, Oklahoma. Leah like her teammates had to be extremely strong at the young age of just nine-years old!

Leah behind the plate.
Since that point Leah has always played for her fallen teammate. Since Day 1 of being with us, she has always been able to knock the leather off the ball. Leah has played pretty much every position on the field except pitcher (although at times she swears to me she can pitch too!).

When Leah was 10 she started to work at catcher, mainly because she was tough enough to handle it. Leah has worked so hard at becoming one of the premiere catchers in her class. The kid blocks very well along with her framing, but the biggest thing that sticks out for Leah behind the dish is the way she commands respect from runners on either getting too far off the base or trying to steal.

Leah is one of those players who is always able to stand up and stand out no matter the competition. As of late, Leah had been working hard at being able to call the game herself with her pitchers.

I haven't seen a kid yet that puts in the time and work that she does, no matter if it’s catching, hitting or speed and agility with her team trainers or on her own with her dad.

We are so proud of Leah Mac and I know this kid will never stop working!

ALANA AND JIMMY MCANALLY – PARENTS
Our daughter Leah has literally lived at the softball field her entire life.

The 2023 catcher (middle) with OU coaches Patty Gasso and Melyssa Lombardi.
She started attending her older sister’s softball games when she was only a toddler and began playing t-ball when she was three. Even as a three-year old she was a serious ball player who wanted to win.

Leah always loved the game and would practice extra so she could be as good as her older sisters. Leah joined Coach Landon McNeil’s team in 2011 and was completely pumped to be a Bring It softball player.

In the Spring of 2013, Leah lost her teammate Sydney to the Moore tornado and as an eight-year old went through a very difficult time. During this time not only did Leah bond with her own team, but she also bonded with the 2013 Oklahoma softball team.

I still remember Coach Gasso having Leah’s team come out to the games and then after OU played, all the softball players would eat and play with the girls.

During such a hard time OU softball was a bright light for Leah.

Leah was actually at the game when OU won the 2013 National Championship and Leah was determined from that moment on to play college ball where she felt she could make a difference. Leah has played on the same team for the same coach since 2011, although a couple of years ago the team joined the Gametime organization.

Moving to the Gametime organization was perfect for Leah because it provided her with a personal training coach as well as an opportunity to receive lessons from some of the best prior college softball players in the nation.

Leah has been dedicated to playing at a higher level for years and has put in countless hours of training on top of what is required by her team.

In the fall of 2017 Leah attended an Oklahoma softball camp and left determined that this was the place she wanted to play college ball. She loved the coaching staff and thrived off their instruction.

Leah also loved the campus and everything about the Sooner life. Once Leah was actually able to perform in front of the coaches she began working extra hard in all her free time to become an even better catcher and hitter.

As her parents we only wanted what was best for Leah and as we visited other school softball programs in the Big 12 and the SEC we all, especially Leah, felt like OU was home.

We feel incredibly blessed that we are the parents of such an amazing, smart, young woman. We thank God for her ability to play the sport she loves and we absolutely love watching her do her thing behind home plate, and love to see her hit those bombs over the fence.

We are excited that our daughter is sticking with the family tradition and playing for her mother’s alma mater. BOOMER SOONER!

LEAH MCANALLY – VERBAL TO OKLAHOMA
I chose The University of Oklahoma mostly because it feels like home. From the first time I toured OU I knew this was a place that I would fit in and get an amazing education.

Coach Gasso and Leah.
I have always desired to play softball at the highest level, and how much higher could I dream of than going to the back-to-back National Championship team?

I really first developed my love of OU softball when they rallied around my team in 2013 when a fellow teammate tragically passed away in the Moore tornado.

My passion for OU softball grew out of the team’s determination to win the national championship title while wearing Sydney’s number #35 on their helmets. I decided then that I wanted to play for a team where I could use my athletic ability as a platform for a greater good.

Playing for OU and their outstanding coaching team was always a dream, but I never thought it would happen for me. God has truly blessed me to allow me the opportunity to be a part of something so great with such great leadership and role models.

I will continue working hard every day until I step onto the field to play for OU and then continue working hard to be part of an amazing legacy.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 03:07 am

https://extrainningsoftball.com/recruiting-2023-catcher-leah-mcanally-verbals-to-oklahoma/

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2018 03:36 am

I'm also hearing OU got a verbal from a girl from OC Batbuster's Mascarenas. But don't want to put it out there until I see where they announced.

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2018 04:06 pm

Maya Bland committed to Oklahoma. She is a 2023 USA Elite 30 All-American who plays in the the OC Batbusters system. She plays on the same 12U team as Zaniah Puni, Tele Jennings,and Sophia Romero.

tycat947

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2018 04:45 pm

Is Sophia a sibling of Syd and Sierra?

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 29th, 2018 12:51 am

She's the youngest sister.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 29th, 2018 01:28 am

Yes Maya is the one I heard committed also. Kind of interesting. That OC Batbusters team has a Romero, Puni, and Jennings. Younger sisters of Sydney Romero, Tiare Jennings, and Zaida Puni.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jun 9th, 2018 01:22 am

Sounds like Leah McAnally having a good Tulsa Elite Invite with a game winning double and a homerun.

Last edited on Sat Jun 9th, 2018 01:23 am by cclift38

softballfanagain

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 25th, 2019 08:12 pm

I saw on twitter extra innings finished up their Hot 100 for the 2023 class. Wondering if any of these girls were on it and how they ranked? I can’t read the article just saw where they posted the top ten so I assumed they were finished with it.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 27th, 2019 01:31 am

Hopefully Killatella will post. I'm not a member of extra innings right now. Leah McAnally post on twitter Finished 20th.

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 27th, 2019 02:48 am

I cancelled my sub with them.

Current time is 12:30 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page