Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Women's Sports > Latest Hot 100 countdown 2019

Latest Hot 100 countdown 2019
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams  

Print
AuthorPost
cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 8th, 2018 11:53 pm

100-91 in the books. No Sooners yet.

sybarite

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2018 04:30 am

Anything today?

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2018 07:03 am

90 | Alanna Thiede P | OC Batbusters – Stith (Oklahoma)
Thiede worked her way up through the Batbusters organization, playing on very successful teams under the guidance of Mark Campbell at the 14U level and is now on Mike Stith’s 18U Batbusters who have won two of the last four PGF Premier National Championships. Competing on one of the favorites to win it all next year, Thiede adds depth and talent to the nation’s deepest corps of pitchers which includes fellow Sooner commits Olivia Rains (2019), Nicole May (2020) along with Arizona-bound hurlers Farrah Steffany (2019) and Madi Elish (2021). Thiede is a southpaw who changes speeds well and can handle both sides of the plate. She has good velocity and movement with excellent off-speed pitches to complement her heat. The So Cal resident doesn’t play high school ball. Instead, Thiede focuses on training and working out full-time to prepare for her arrival next year in Norman. She finished the fall season strong, pitching a shutout in her final game.

sybarite

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2018 11:28 am

Has she fallen a bit?

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2018 01:29 pm

She was ranked 65 in the last rankings.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2018 12:56 am

76 | Alicia Flores OF | Athletics Mercado (Oklahoma)
Flores is a power-hitting outfielder headed to Oklahoma where she will join her big sister, Eliyah, a 2017 signee currently playing for Tony Rico’s 18U Firecrackers squad. The younger sibling’s blazing speed is a key asset that helps her track down balls that are sure-fire hits against average outfielders. Flores also has tremendous bat speed, driving balls everywhere on the field no matter the caliber of the pitching she faces. A big, strong player who can hold down a corner when she’s not taking away hits in the outfield. Flores batted .380 over the fall season for her Athletics-Mercado team. She batted .447 last season playing for her Grand Terrace (California) High team and passed up offers from Big Ten and Big 12 schools to join her sister as a Sooner.

She was 65 in the last rankings.

Haven't seen Olivia Raines or Raylee Pogue yet so I'd assume they have both moved up in the rankings(assuming they didn't fall out, which I doubt).

Last edited on Thu Jan 11th, 2018 12:58 am by cclift38

sybarite

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2018 01:10 am

Both have fallen a bit.  Is FloSoftball becoming jaded with OU?

OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2018 02:14 am

I think some go up and some go down . I think Rained/Pogue will improve unless they have fallen out of top 100.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2018 07:42 am

I knew Raines would go up. She had a really good season with the Batbusters. I'm not sure about Pogue. Looks like she's with the Oklahoma Athletics. She had been battling some injuries. She was listed on Texas Elite last year but i didn't see her in a games on Flo in the PGF.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 13th, 2018 03:54 am

59 | Rylie Boone OF/P | Texas Glory (Oklahoma)
Boone is a five-tool player who does it all on the field as a true lefty who even pitches and with high 50’s speed and a good change, but it’s her all-around athleticism that has drawn comparisons to the play of former Florida All-American outfielder Kelsey Stewart when she was at the same age. Boone has top-level speed and explosiveness and uses her quickness to play small ball and slap to get on base, but she has pop in her bat too. As a junior playing the high school season this past fall for Owasso (Oklahoma) High, she batted .532 with eight home runs, 30 RBI, and 27 extra-base hits. Equally impressive, she only struck out once all season. A Class 6A 1st Team All-State selection, she is a prototypical center fielder who covers a ton of ground and has a gun for an arm. She committed to the home-state Sooners in September of 2015 over many other Power 5 school offers.

Personally. I think this is to low.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 13th, 2018 03:58 am

52 | Macy McAdoo P | Oklahoma Athletics (Oklahoma)
McAdoo is a righty hurler who is tough to hit as she has a mid-60s velocity with movement to spare. She exploded on the mound and onto the recruiting scene in 2016 and picked up offers from almost every program who saw her pitch. McAdoo has led her Tuttle (Oklahoma) High team to two consecutive 4A state titles and picking up 596 strikeouts along the way. In 2017, she recorded 303 Ks and allowing only 27 earned runs in 195 innings for a 0.97 ERA. Sooner fans are thrilled that she’s chosen to stay close to home—OU is only 30 minutes from her high school—as she committed to Patty Gasso in November of 2016. Says one coach of McAdoo: “I can see why Patty recruited Macy, she’s not a lefty, but she’s very hard to hit. Macy will quickly become a pitcher well-known on the D1 Big 12 college scene.”

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 16th, 2018 01:04 am

They are to the top 40 now.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 17th, 2018 02:28 am

Down to top 30.

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 17th, 2018 02:46 am

I predicted on another board that Olivia would be the biggest climber but I thought she would be in the low 40's so she made a much bigger impression than what I anticipated.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 18th, 2018 12:36 am

21 | Olivia Rains P/OF | OC Batbusters—Stith (Oklahoma)
Mike Stith added Rains to his talented staff, making her part of a killer three-ace squad rounded out by Farrah Steffany (Arizona) and Alanna Thiede (Oklahoma). These three could add another title to Stith’s club legacy. A mature pitcher with excellent work ethic, Rains is efficient and difficult to hit, with speeds in the mid-60s. In 2017, she threw two perfect games, three no-hitters, and five games with only one hit. In 209 innings, this workhorse collected 260 Ks. She stands 5-foot-10 and has the frame to use to her advantage in the circle and will continue to improve as she gets stronger. Rains smashed a ball that left the yard for Pryor (OK) in the 5A Oklahoma state championship that ended a 20-year title drought for school. She recorded 293 strikeouts over 235 innings and was the Drillers Softball Athlete of the Year in 2017. Another Hot List player who will stay in her home state, Rains will play for the Sooners in college.

Extreme move up. Was ranked 83 last ranking.

OU_Tom
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 18th, 2018 01:36 am

Wow. That's an amazing jump by Raines

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 18th, 2018 02:14 am

Her move to OC Batbusters was huge for her development.

sybarite

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 18th, 2018 03:01 am

Love that jump.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 19th, 2018 02:30 am

We are down to the top 10. We will see if Kinzie Hansen can hold her top spot.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 19th, 2018 10:37 pm

3 | Kinzie Hansen C | OC Batbusters—Stith (Oklahoma)
Hansen has been the No. 1 player in the 2019 class in the first two editions of the Hot 100. She drops a bit not because her skills have diminished but simply because of a knee injury which has kept her out for most of the fall. A new addition to Mike Stith’s Batbuster team, Hansen joins a stable of already established catchers in Terra McGowan (2018, Arizona State), Colleen Sullivan (2018, UCLA), and Sharlize Palacios (2019, Arizona). Hansen accepted her new role of sharing innings behind the plate while rotating in at first base to get experience at other positions. At 6-foot-1, she has caught practically every inning of every game at the prep and club level, which included winning a PGF 14U national title in 2016. Hansen also helped Dave Mercado’s team take second place at PGF 16U Nationals last summer, where she led her talent-rich squad with a .421 average and an on-base percentage of .500 with five RBIs in seven total games. When healthy, Hansen is a game-changer at whatever position she plays and has all the tools defensively and offensively. She was a first-team FloSoftball All-American as a sophomore at Norco (CA) after batting .470 with 11 doubles and 43 RBIs.

Following that freshman campaign, she batted .426 with seven home runs, 18 walks, a .525 on-base percentage, and a team-high 37 RBIs to earn CalHi Sports Freshman of the Year and MaxPreps Underclass All-American honors. Perhaps the most impressive thing about the So Cal junior is how she’s held up the past two years while being ranked as the No. 1 player in the 2019 class and having everyone gunning for her. She has more than risen to the challenge because of her great physical abilities. The rare five-tool catcher’s fiery competitiveness and mental toughness make her one of the best prospects of any age class. Hansen has hung with the greats of the game — including women’s national team member Aubree Munro — and she's also went through Jen Schroeder’s The Packaged Deal workouts. Hansen has shown she’s already in that rarefied air. When she gets back to full health and has another year under her belt, look for her to once again be battling for the top spot in the class of 2019 Hot 100 rankings.

Slight drop due to injury. Flo mentions she will play some first base for Batbusters.

sybarite

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 19th, 2018 11:54 pm

So, they drop you due to injury.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 20th, 2018 12:46 am

Yes. I've seen it a few times. Actually I'm hearing thats why Pogue dropped out of top 100. Thats the reason Vestal dropped in the 18's and going back a bit Mariah Lopez fell. I believe she missed a full season.

Last edited on Sat Jan 20th, 2018 03:44 am by cclift38

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 20th, 2018 01:50 am

This is the 3rd straight year they have dropped an OU commit from #1 in the final rankings due to injury.

SoonerSpock
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN OR THINK YOU CAN'T, YOU ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 20th, 2018 02:25 am

Obviously we need to tell our recruits to quit injuring themselves. :D

OU_Tom
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Jan 20th, 2018 02:50 am

Great class. The next 3 years are loaded.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 21st, 2018 12:54 am

Our 2018 and 19 classes will be very big. 18's come in after we lose both Paiges, Pendley, Arnold and Wodach. 19's will come in when we lose what might be our best recruiting class ever when we lose Romero, Knighten, Clifton, Lundberg and Rogers. So it will be reload time and pretty much a new team.

Pitchers:

Mariah Lopez/senior
Mel Olmos/senior
Parker Conrad/senior
Brooke Vestal/soph
Olivia Raines/fresh
Macy McAdoo/fresh
Alanna Thiede/fresh

Catchers

Lynnsie Elam/jun
Kinzie Hansen/fresh

Infield

Eliyah Flores/jun
Jocelyn Alo/jun
Grace Lyons/soph
Grace Green/soph
Audrie LaValley/soph
Sami Skelley/soph
Raylee Pogue/fresh

Outfield

Nicole Mendes/sen
Vanessa Taukeiaho/sen
Alexa Shultz/jun
Rylie Boone/fresh
Alicia Flores/fresh

So a very different looking roster 3 seasons from now. But still very talented. Unproven pitching but a very deep pitching staff.

Last edited on Sun Jan 21st, 2018 12:56 am by cclift38

sybarite

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 21st, 2018 01:24 am

On paper, there is an overwhelming amount of talent.  But, before I saw her, I really wasn't that impressed by what I had read about Knighten.  But, I don't know that I have seen one player more effective in big time situations.  I certainly wasn't impressed by Caleigh.  Right now, I totally love that lineup at the top of Mendes, Clifton, Knighten, Alou, and Romero.  Others may be bigger names.  But, they have won two titles (with the exception of Mendes).  Some very big names weren't that effective at crunch time.  Parker just shut down some big names for Auburn.  A couple can hit in the pros.

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 21st, 2018 03:43 am

If Flosoftball gave star ratings Oklahoma would have a 5 Star Pitcher coming in in the next three classes Vestal 2018, Rains 2019, and May 2020.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 21st, 2018 04:14 am

I would rate Vestal and Raines 5 stars in 2018 class. Hansen and Lyons in 2019 class with Green being close. The entire 2020 class. Lilio and Waitman in the 21 class. Geurin in 22 class. The other 2 girls might be in the 22 class but not enough information on them yet.

And I personally think Boon maybe underrated and could be a 5 star.

Last edited on Sun Jan 21st, 2018 04:17 am by cclift38

Killatella

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 21st, 2018 04:06 pm

For sure that entire 2020 class will be our highest rated class coming out of high school and it's not even close.

Current time is 12:51 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page