Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Rodney Anderson has protective order request filed against him

Rodney Anderson has protective order request filed against him
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: DAYTONA 500 for those who have brain damage.
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 12:35 am

wavoka wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
Echo wrote:
Well lets say that they had a make out session after drinking and she then wanted to take that session and make it into a dating relationship but he didn't want to. He hurt her feelings so she wanted to hurt him by filing the PO.

I read somewhere that she said her nipples hurt for 3 days...listen guys....if my nipples hurt for three days, it wouldn't take me two weeks to decide something happened. It just sounds fishy to me.:big confused:

From what I understand this is exactly what happened. This is what happens when you have sex with crazy. Crazy is never good and isn't always easy to spot. Long and short she was in hopes she had her ticket punched to be a future NFL players wife and didn't take the news well when it became apparent that wasn't going to happen.

You can have sex with crazy as long as you are not famous and remember to use a fake name.

Yes you are correct. Signed tennsooner (Bill Smith for one night back in 1978.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 12:44 am

tennsooner wrote: wavoka wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
Echo wrote:
Well lets say that they had a make out session after drinking and she then wanted to take that session and make it into a dating relationship but he didn't want to. He hurt her feelings so she wanted to hurt him by filing the PO.

I read somewhere that she said her nipples hurt for 3 days...listen guys....if my nipples hurt for three days, it wouldn't take me two weeks to decide something happened. It just sounds fishy to me.:big confused:

From what I understand this is exactly what happened. This is what happens when you have sex with crazy. Crazy is never good and isn't always easy to spot. Long and short she was in hopes she had her ticket punched to be a future NFL players wife and didn't take the news well when it became apparent that wasn't going to happen.

You can have sex with crazy as long as you are not famous and remember to use a fake name.

So, Bill way your crazy one?

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 12:55 am

Walt wrote:
tennsooner wrote: wavoka wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
Echo wrote:

So, Bill way your crazy one?

Karen was her first name(never knew her last name) she was an asst manager at Pizza Inn in Duncan. Had no idea she was nuts till later but was glad I was Bill.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 03:41 pm

For what it's worth.... The bold is my emphasis.

http://newsok.com/ou-running-back-rodney-anderson-accused-of-rape/article/5574701

NORMAN — Oklahoma's top running back, Rodney Anderson, fought back Tuesday against a rape allegation, writing on Twitter, "I did not do this."

His attorney said Tuesday the accuser made her claims only after Anderson "did not reciprocate a desire to pursue a relationship."

"Mr. Anderson did not, nor would he ever, force himself on any woman," the attorney, Derek Chance, said.

Police began investigating the accusation on Monday after the woman, a former University of Oklahoma student, reported Anderson raped her in the early hours of Nov. 16. She claims she started recalling images of the night "this past weekend."

OU officials said they are working with police.

"The university is aware of the situation and is following our protocols in coordinating with the Norman Police Department," said Rowdy Gilbert, the senior associate vice president for public affairs. "The university takes seriously all allegations of misconduct and is continuing to collect information in this matter."

After back-to-back season-ending injuries, Anderson has become an integral part of the Oklahoma football team. In the final six weeks of the regular season, the redshirt sophomore gained 1,041 yards from scrimmage and scored 14 touchdowns.

In the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, Anderson carried the ball 24 times for 93 yards.

Anderson, 21, has not been arrested and a criminal charge is considered unlikely under the circumstances. Among the evidence in Anderson's favor are text messages sent to him by the woman since Nov. 16, sources told The Oklahoman.

His attorney said the woman "attempted to pursue a relationship" with Anderson following Nov. 16 and the running back "declined several social invitations" from her.

Anderson, who wasn't previously on Twitter, created an account Tuesday afternoon. After only three hours, he had a following of more than 5,000 users.

"In my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd have to set up a Twitter account to defend myself," he wrote. "In the most possible straightforward and honest manner, I did not do this."

The woman, who is 23, made the allegation Monday to Norman police and put in a request for an emergency protective order against Anderson. The woman claimed Anderson raped her at her Norman apartment early Nov. 16 after they met at a bar.

The woman filed her request for the emergency protective order Monday in Cleveland County District Court. She described Anderson in the petition as an "alleged rapist" and described herself as a "victim of rape."

The woman wrote in the petition that she had been drinking at the bar and met Anderson there for the first time. She wrote they went to a second bar and he later took her home at the insistence of his friends.

She wrote she at first remembered only kissing Anderson and vomiting for about 20 minutes but then recalled being raped after talking to a friend "this past weekend."

She specifically alleged that he bit her and sexually assaulted her with his fingers. She wrote she recalled "me not feeling like I could say anything and trying to get away from him to put clothes on but he followed me asking what I thought I was doing."

She also wrote, "I remember feeling like I couldn't get away. He knows where I live and I'm scared for my safety."

A judge Monday issued an emergency protective order based on her petition. A hearing is set for Dec. 18 to determine whether a further protective order is appropriate.

In a summary of the accusation released by Norman police, Anderson is identified as a rape by instrumentation suspect.

"An adult female reported that after an evening of drinking she accepted a ride from an adult male acquaintance," the police summary states. "After consensual kissing contact, she remembers waking without clothing. No injuries were reported as a result of this crime. A suspect has been identified. No arrests have been made. The incident is under investigation by the Criminal Investigations Division."

Anderson's attorney issued a lengthy media statement calling the woman's claims shocking and disturbing.

"There are undoubtedly true victims of sexual assault, for whom Mr. Anderson carries a tremendous amount of compassion," the attorney, Chance, said. "However, there are those accused of sexual assault which they unequivocally did not commit — as is the case for Mr. Anderson"

The attorney also said, "We are confident that when authorities have all of the information surrounding this circumstance, Mr. Anderson will be completely exonerated of any wrongdoing, and he looks forward to the conclusion of this investigation so he can focus on his obligations as a student-athlete."

No. 2 OU plays No. 3 Georgia in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1. The winner advances to the National Championship Game.

Contributing: Staff Writers Brianna Bailey and Nolan Clay

captnop

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 03:48 pm

You can't fix BSC.... Never use real name, never give your phone number, If needed chew your arm off so you can slip quietly out of bed (like a wolf in a trap) ....

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 04:05 pm

captnop wrote: You can't fix BSC.... Never use real name, never give your phone number, If needed chew your arm off so you can slip quietly out of bed (like a wolf in a trap) ....That's what we called "coyote ugly"......usually, she was beautiful last night, but this morning.......

soonerBAS

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 04:11 pm

I had a flashback as well... mine is of a few hundred reporters surrounding Joe Mixon the last time we were in the playoffs.

If he is innocent of what he's being accused of then this girl just ruined his life because the reporters will be all over him, the NFL will want to look it all over and even then probably hesitate.

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 04:35 pm

captnop wrote:
You can't fix BSC.... Never use real name, never give your phone number, If needed chew your arm off so you can slip quietly out of bed (like a wolf in a trap) ....

I know the above is all in "good fun", but on a more serious viewpoint....

How about not putting yourself into situations where you need "tactics" to extricate yourself? Is this too much to ask concerning the "casual" interactions of men and women? Perhaps it is....biology is a powerful force, but human beings are not entirely biologically driven.

They're numerous moral reasons to abstain.....this event is an example.

Last edited on Wed Dec 6th, 2017 04:36 pm by StatesEye

StatesEye

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 04:57 pm

soonerBAS wrote:
I had a flashback as well... mine is of a few hundred reporters surrounding Joe Mixon the last time we were in the playoffs.

If he is innocent of what he's being accused of then this girl just ruined his life because the reporters will be all over him, the NFL will want to look it all over and even then probably hesitate.

This concerns me too. If charges are not filed against Anderson due to lack of evidence OR, as it's looking more the case, a preponderance of the evidence supports his innocence, then I hope the university does not take action against Anderson for political reasons. Boren has been a great president (maybe the best, ever) for the university, but sometimes he thinks like a politician when he shouldn't. If Anderson "takes the fall" for political reasons only, that will ultimately cause more damage to the university in the long run.

I was disappointed in Stoops last year when he said he would've terminated Mixon's relationship with the team if it occurred in today's environment. That statement is entirely politically driven, and if such forces begin to make decision for us, even more injustice will result.

Stoops did the right thing with Mixon. Let's not equate what Mixon did to the happenings at Baylor. They are not comparable. Mixon was in an altercation with a belligerent drunk who made a drunk-like attempt to assault Mixon first. It is absolutely true that Mixon responded in a horrible and disgraceful overreaction. The full-year suspension and associated media firestorm were ample punishment for Mixon (both in reputation and the pocketbook), IMO. We have not heard a peep from him since and he is representing the university in a great way in the NFL. Mixon deserves the university's and athletic program's support for how he's conducted himself since.

Mixon most definitely needed anger management help but he certainly was not a predator seeking to abuse women. Don't let the political environment dictate otherwise.

Last edited on Wed Dec 6th, 2017 04:59 pm by StatesEye

AllSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 05:03 pm

Question.....since she is an employee of the University, can the university be liable for not providing a safe place to play football?

Cemetery Guy

Country of Origin: Three quarters of a mile west of the Indian Meridian.
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 05:20 pm

It seems to me to be a very wise course to do as Anderson has done to aggressively counter the accusations through legal counsel and public statements.  If this story had sat for any length of time he would have been convicted in the court of public opinion.  Now we really will get to see how the process plays out.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 05:32 pm

Cemetery Guy wrote: It seems to me to be a very wise course to do as Anderson has done to aggressively counter the accusations through legal counsel and public statements.  If this story had sat for any length of time he would have been convicted in the court of public opinion.  Now we really will get to see how the process plays out.

I would have followed the tactics of LA Detective Harry Bosch and lawyer Mickey Haller, the Lincoln Lawyer.  They would have worked their butts off getting all the dope and goods on this woman and then show up at the December 20 hearing and nailed her to the wall. :cool:

In war, poker and good lawyer work it never pays to show your opposition all of your cards before the game starts.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 05:53 am

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2017/12/06/report-oklahoma-rb-rodney-anderson-unlikely-to-face-criminal-charges/

This looks encouraging.

MsProudSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 02:00 pm

Walt wrote:
Cemetery Guy wrote: It seems to me to be a very wise course to do as Anderson has done to aggressively counter the accusations through legal counsel and public statements.  If this story had sat for any length of time he would have been convicted in the court of public opinion.  Now we really will get to see how the process plays out.

I would have followed the tactics of LA Detective Harry Bosch and lawyer Mickey Haller, the Lincoln Lawyer.  They would have worked their butts off getting all the dope and goods on this woman and then show up at the December 20 hearing and nailed her to the wall. :cool:

In war, poker and good lawyer work it never pays to show your opposition all of your cards before the game starts.

If he were my son I would probably want him to apply for a restraining order against her.

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 04:21 pm

According to my inside source, all of this is about to "go away". There isn't any legal evidence on her side so in legal terms, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. From what I was told last night, even the Title IX team is dropping it due to a lack of evidence. I've also been told Rodney is going to play against GA.

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 04:35 pm

SoonerRick46 wrote: According to my inside source, all of this is about to "go away". There isn't any legal evidence on her side so in legal terms, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. From what I was told last night, even the Title IX team is dropping it due to a lack of evidence. I've also been told Rodney is going to play against GA.
Sounds great!  I was wondering when Title IX would get involved.  They certainly need to go away.  Thanks for getting the info.

Attachment: 1 under contract.jpg (Downloaded 138 times)

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 04:49 pm

MsProudSooner wrote: Walt wrote:

If he were my son I would probably want him to apply for a restraining order against her.

I know from previous threads that you are one who takes these issues seriously and rightfully so as I do as well.  I don't want to pre-judge these kind of cases as we just don't know what really might have happened.  Even if there are no criminal charges against Rodney Anderson that won't mean there wasn't some things done that might have warranted criminal charges had this girl taken the right steps, who knows.

With the above said and what little we know about happened and what has transpired since, there is the "appearance" that she "may" have tried to pursue a relationship with Anderson.  She said in her VPO that she didn't remember, from November the 16th until December the 2nd, the events of the night of November 16th.  To me, these two things just don't track from a logical standpoint.  I have read other posts on other boards where people have concluded that she filed the VPO out of anger at his rejection.

We really don't know that.

However, if that is what she did, then my opinion is that she may have done future real rape victims a disservice.  It would open a whole can of worms.  It would just perpetuate the thought process of some that many of these rape cases are just made up, as in the Baylor case. 

It also raises the issue of should she be charged or prosecuted for filing false charges against Anderson.  If that were to happen then that would also send a bad message to future rape victims.  In my view that would stymie many real rape victims from filing charges as the fear of the repercussions would be worse than the rape.

I would like to hear your and our other female members views on all of this.  To me with what we know at the moment there is not much chance there is any good to come out of this for either her or Anderson.

SoonerinDallas

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 05:42 pm

StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

How about not putting yourself into situations where you need "tactics" to extricate yourself? Is this too much to ask concerning the "casual" interactions of men and women? Perhaps it is....biology is a powerful force, but human beings are not entirely biologically driven.

Absolutely on target - think before putting yourself in such situations.

Raul

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 05:49 pm

I do wonder how the legal vs civil discourse will come into play here as far as what the University will ultimately decide.

MsProudSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 07:34 pm

Walt wrote:
MsProudSooner wrote: Walt wrote:

I know from previous threads that you are one who takes these issues seriously and rightfully so as I do as well.  I don't want to pre-judge these kind of cases as we just don't know what really might have happened.  Even if there are no criminal charges against Rodney Anderson that won't mean there wasn't some things done that might have warranted criminal charges had this girl taken the right steps, who knows.

With the above said and what little we know about happened and what has transpired since, there is the "appearance" that she "may" have tried to pursue a relationship with Anderson.  She said in her VPO that she didn't remember, from November the 16th until December the 2nd, the events of the night of November 16th.  To me, these two things just don't track from a logical standpoint.  I have read other posts on other boards where people have concluded that she filed the VPO out of anger at his rejection.

We really don't know that.

However, if that is what she did, then my opinion is that she may have done future real rape victims a disservice.  It would open a whole can of worms.  It would just perpetuate the thought process of some that many of these rape cases are just made up, as in the Baylor case. 

It also raises the issue of should she be charged or prosecuted for filing false charges against Anderson.  If that were to happen then that would also send a bad message to future rape victims.  In my view that would stymie many real rape victims from filing charges as the fear of the repercussions would be worse than the rape.

I would like to hear your and our other female members views on all of this.  To me with what we know at the moment there is not much chance there is any good to come out of this for either her or Anderson.

The following comments are based on the assumption that Rodney is telling the truth. I find him much more believable than her simply because it's hard for me to believe that women who have been raped try to get their rapist to go out with them again. Women like her absolutely do a disservice to future rape victims. Most women who are raped are very hesitant to bring charges because they are very aware of how they will be treated. Falsely accusing someone of rape just gives ammunition to those who say most women who claim to have been raped are liars.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 11:28 pm

SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

Ok let's get serious here for a sec. You two would have been the most boring people in the world to hang out with when a person is young and single. Do either of you remember being 16-24 or so? I can agree with you at my age but I remember the young me and believe me none of what you two are talking about would register.

ArmySooner
Administrator

Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 11:57 pm

tennsooner wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

Ok let's get serious here for a sec. You two would have been the most boring people in the world to hang out with when a person is young and single. Do either of you remember being 16-24 or so? I can agree with you at my age but I remember the young me and believe me none of what you two are talking about would register.

I agree Tennsooner.

Hook-ups at bars in a college town equals bad decisions?

Come on man....

humblesooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 07:48 pm

ArmySooner wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

I agree Tennsooner.

Come on man....

Well....it did for me!
Now ask me if I would change anything.
:D

Last edited on Fri Dec 8th, 2017 07:48 pm by humblesooner

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 09:48 pm

ArmySooner wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

I agree Tennsooner.

Come on man....

It wasn't in our day. But times have changed. I was waiting in a waiting room while my wife had an outpatient service performed this morning. All the talk on CNN today was about all the sexual "scandals" going on and how the world has changed. Don't get me wrong, I still think the behavior, especially in the work place, is wrong, but how society sees "relationships" between men and women has changed dramatically. In fact, when I was in law school....the view of the courts at the time was "it's ok to ask, as long as it isn't a nun." Try that now a days and see where you get.

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 10:15 pm

humblesooner wrote:
ArmySooner wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

I agree Tennsooner.

Come on man....

Well....it did for me!

I can only speak for myself, but I've made love to just one woman in my life and the first time was on our wedding night. Same deal for her. And I wouldn't change any of those facts for all the money in the world.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 11:47 pm

Triple Option wrote:
humblesooner wrote:
ArmySooner wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

I agree Tennsooner.

Come on man....

Well....it did for me!

I can only speak for myself, but I've made love to just one woman in my life and the first time was on our wedding night. Same deal for her. And I wouldn't change any of those facts for all the money in the world.

If it works for the two of you I'm all for it.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 11:54 pm

Triple Option wrote:
humblesooner wrote:
ArmySooner wrote:
tennsooner wrote:
SoonerinDallas wrote:
StatesEye wrote:
captnop wrote:

I agree Tennsooner.

Come on man....

Well....it did for me!

And just so you know. I could be had but I was never ever considered easy.:cool:;);)

Current time is 03:30 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3