Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > Our buddy Paul Finebaum evidently has some hot inside info

Our buddy Paul Finebaum evidently has some hot inside info
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon May 1st, 2017 09:47 pm

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/paul-finebaum-oklahoma-desperate-get-big-12/

Attachment: 1 nuts thaw out.jpg (Downloaded 185 times)

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon May 1st, 2017 10:02 pm

Finebaum is just a pot stirrer...... He knows squat....

There was nothing left to make a brain after the ears were formed.....

He is just making crap up during a year when the Big 12 NFL draft is down, it is meaningless......

All we need to do is win the natty and I all of a sudden we are great again....

Should have won it in 2008 and all this crap would be less......

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon May 1st, 2017 10:47 pm

Is there anyone who hasn't heard of at least one rumor, or more than just a rumor, of OU leaving the Big Twelve?  The attempt to ally with the Pacific Twelve was highly-publicized.  The discussion of the SEC and Big Ten occurs on  almost every message board at least twice a year.  Are there definitive details?  No.  Is there a wandering eye?  At this point, I think we may have been in contact with the Italian Soccer League in an attempt to find a place to go.

"All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go.  I'm standing here outside your door.  I hate to wake you up to say good-bye."

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon May 1st, 2017 11:55 pm

sybarite wrote: Is there anyone who hasn't heard of at least one rumor, or more than just a rumor, of OU leaving the Big Twelve?  The attempt to ally with the Pacific Twelve was highly-publicized.  The discussion of the SEC and Big Ten occurs on  almost every message board at least twice a year.  Are there definitive details?  No.  Is there a wandering eye?  At this point, I think we may have been in contact with the Italian Soccer League in an attempt to find a place to go.

"All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go.  I'm standing here outside your door.  I hate to wake you up to say good-bye."

I haven't heard any rumors of OU leaving the Big XII.  I haven't heard any rumors at all, but I have learned a "fact" about something really important in regards to OU. 

Echo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 01:47 am

Walt wrote: sybarite wrote: Is there anyone who hasn't heard of at least one rumor, or more than just a rumor, of OU leaving the Big Twelve?  The attempt to ally with the Pacific Twelve was highly-publicized.  The discussion of the SEC and Big Ten occurs on  almost every message board at least twice a year.  Are there definitive details?  No.  Is there a wandering eye?  At this point, I think we may have been in contact with the Italian Soccer League in an attempt to find a place to go.

I haven't heard any rumors of OU leaving the Big XII.  I haven't heard any rumors at all, but I have learned a "fact" about something really important in regards to OU. 
Oh come on...you can tell us...we promise not to tell anyone.;)

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 02:06 am

Echo wrote:
Walt wrote: sybarite wrote: Is there anyone who hasn't heard of at least one rumor, or more than just a rumor, of OU leaving the Big Twelve?  The attempt to ally with the Pacific Twelve was highly-publicized.  The discussion of the SEC and Big Ten occurs on  almost every message board at least twice a year.  Are there definitive details?  No.  Is there a wandering eye?  At this point, I think we may have been in contact with the Italian Soccer League in an attempt to find a place to go.

Oh come on...you can tell us...we promise not to tell anyone.;)

MsProudSooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 02:57 am

Carnack knows!

Salt City Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 03:38 am

Walt wrote:
sybarite wrote: Is there anyone who hasn't heard of at least one rumor, or more than just a rumor, of OU leaving the Big Twelve?  The attempt to ally with the Pacific Twelve was highly-publicized.  The discussion of the SEC and Big Ten occurs on  almost every message board at least twice a year.  Are there definitive details?  No.  Is there a wandering eye?  At this point, I think we may have been in contact with the Italian Soccer League in an attempt to find a place to go.

I've caught a whole lotta fish on less bait than that....:D

Cemetery Guy

Country of Origin: Three quarters of a mile west of the Indian Meridian.
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 12:26 pm

The lack of a conference television network is hurting every team in the league outside of Texas. The Longhorns, of course, have their own television network.

2014-2015 rankings by total revenue:
2. Texas
8. Oklahoma
26. Oklahoma State
28. Kansas
31. West Virginia
41. Texas Tech
46. Kansas State
47. Iowa State

TCU and Baylor, being private institutions, are not listed.

Rutgers of the B1G is #49.  #50-53 are all in the Pac-12.  The lowest ranked school in the SEC is Mississippi St at #45, in the ACC it's NC State at #43.

The highest ranked school in terms of revenue in the Pac-12 is Oregon, at #21. 

Former Big 12 members are ranked thusly: #1 Texas A&M, #24 Nebraska, #30 Missouri, #50 Colorado

In the short term, having only ten schools in the conference has been financially beneficial for the Big 12.  Long term prospects are a different question, but the Pac-12 in particular appears likely to mean less revenue, rather than more, for OU. 

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 02:12 pm

Air Force
California
Oklahoma
Stanford

Denver
Iowa State
Oklahoma
West Virginia

Air Force
Iowa State
North Dakota State
Northern Colorado
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
South Dakota State
Utah Valley
West Virginia
Wyoming

Does anyone know what these groupings represent?

SwampSooner

Country of Origin: Oklahoma, of course!
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 03:23 pm

sybarite wrote: Air Force
California
Oklahoma
Stanford

Denver
Iowa State
Oklahoma
West Virginia

Air Force
Iowa State
North Dakota State
Northern Colorado
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
South Dakota State
Utah Valley
West Virginia
Wyoming

Does anyone know what these groupings represent?

I believe they are our Men's gymnastics, Women's gymnastics and wrestling conferences, respectively.

jdurrett

Country of Origin: Oklahoma
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 04:20 pm

His hot information came from the same source as that he got prior to the Alabama-OU Sugar Bowl.

SoonerGGS

Country of Origin: Youngstown, Ohio
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 05:44 pm

Walt wrote:

There's only one :ou:

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: DAYTONA 500 for those who have brain damage.
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 10:30 pm

Walt wrote:

I do too but I refuse to reveal what it is until it happens. Jeane Dixon made a living doing this and so can I .

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 03:20 pm

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/05/03/sooners-want-currently-constructed-big-12-without-taking-along-partner

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 03:28 pm

From Facebook

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Bolt/Does-Oklahoma-really-really-want-out-of-the-Big-12-52620078

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 03:45 pm

Reads like speculation......

47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 06:21 pm

There are no new facts here.  Just writers and broadcasters needing to fill space and time.
There is nothing wrong with OU being in the Big 12 as long as we win.
We are better off being a big fish in a little pond, than another big fish in a big pond

Attachment: OU bench.jpg (Downloaded 63 times)

Last edited on Thu May 4th, 2017 06:21 pm by 47Straight

SoonerRick46

Country of Origin: 
Signature: "Show me one White Eyes who speaks the truth and ...
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 08:30 pm

47Straight wrote:
There are no new facts here.  Just writers and broadcasters needing to fill space and time.
There is nothing wrong with OU being in the Big 12 as long as we win.
We are better off being a big fish in a little pond, than another big fish in a big pond

While I agree with that some what, there is also the possibility of becoming an even bigger fish in a bigger pond. I'm not affraid of the SEC. Bob's record against the SEC has been outstanding. Win the SEC you're a lock for the playoffs and you will get a superior seed in those playoffs. Winning the Big XII is NOT a guarantee of getting in the playoffs. If you are afraid of competition, you're in the wrong sport and have no business thinking "playoffs".

BillyRay

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 09:00 pm

2 out of 3 years of the playoffs, the Big XII Champion has been left out.  The national perception of the Big XII is garbage.  So it wouldn't bother me one bit if OU left for another conference.  Which conference is a better fit is what's up for debate.  I find myself leaning towards the SEC.  I'm not a fan of joining the Big 10.  The PAC-12 is appealing, except for those late start West coast times.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 10:28 pm

You all can blow all the smoke you want to about Oklahoma going undefeated in the Big 12 and getting left out of the playoff but the truth is it isn't ever going to happen.

BillyRay

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 11:40 pm

tennsooner wrote: You all can blow all the smoke you want to about Oklahoma going undefeated in the Big 12 and getting left out of the playoff but the truth is it isn't ever going to happen.That's exactly what happened this past season.  OU went undefeated in the Big XII. Unless you are wanting to go the route of Baylor and start scheduling cupcake non-conference games and then banking on running the table in the Big XII. 

Now if you are talking about undefeated overall, then how many times has even Bob Stoops pulled that off? How many teams nationally pull that off every season?

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 4th, 2017 11:44 pm

BillyRay wrote:
tennsooner wrote: You all can blow all the smoke you want to about Oklahoma going undefeated in the Big 12 and getting left out of the playoff but the truth is it isn't ever going to happen.That's exactly what happened this past season.  OU went undefeated in the Big XII. Unless you are wanting to go the route of Baylor and start scheduling cupcake non-conference games and then banking on running the table in the Big XII. 

Now if you are talking about undefeated overall, then how many times has even Bob Stoops pulled that off? How many teams nationally pull that off every season?

I mean undefeated as in win every game on your schedule. Oklahoma had no business at all in last years playoff. Did you forget they lost two games? If you want to go to the Big dance you better win every time you hit the field. Oklahoma goes nowhere last year with their losses no matter the conference they played in.

BillyRay

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 12:43 am

tennsooner wrote: BillyRay wrote:

I mean undefeated as in win every game on your schedule. Oklahoma had no business at all in last years playoff. Did you forget they lost two games? If you want to go to the Big dance you better win every time you hit the field. Oklahoma goes nowhere last year with their losses no matter the conference they played in.

I'm well aware OU lost 2 games last season.  So you really think if OU was in the SEC, and lost those same 2 non-conference games and run the table in the SEC they still would not have gone to the title game? You are fooling yourself if you don't think so.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 12:46 am

BillyRay wrote:

I'm well aware OU lost 2 games last season.  So you really think if OU was in the SEC, and lost those same 2 non-conference games and run the table in the SEC they still would not have gone to the title game? You are fooling yourself if you don't think so.

You can rest assured had Oklahoma played in the SEC last year and lost both those games they would not have been there, no way and no how.

BillyRay

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 12:48 am

You can rest assured had Oklahoma played in the SEC last year and lost both those games they would not have been there, no way and no how.
Believe what you want. But even rolling through the lame Big XII schedule, OU was right on the edge of consideration.  They roll through a respected schedule like the SEC, and it's a different story.

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 12:56 am

BillyRay wrote:

Believe what you want. But even rolling through the lame Big XII schedule, OU was right on the edge of consideration.  They roll through a respected schedule like the SEC, and it's a different story.

Actually they were never that close. Which of the four teams that made it do you think should have been bumped to let them in? Oklahoma wasn't in the playoffs because they weren't good enough to be there. It had nothing to do with their conference.

BillyRay

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 01:34 am

Actually they were never that close. Which of the four teams that made it do you think should have been bumped to let them in? Oklahoma wasn't in the playoffs because they weren't good enough to be there. It had nothing to do with their conference.

Last year with OU going thru a Big XII schedule, I wouldn't have put them over any of those teams cuz the Big XII's schedule was too lame to give them enough bump to get in.  But the point here is if OU had rolled through the SEC unbeaten, then that destroys your entire argument about OU not being good enough.  They roll through the SEC and they are suddenly no longer "not good enough" for the playoffs. Even with losing those 2 games to start the season.

Zgeo

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 02:28 am

Losing to a G5 team then getting slaughtered by tOSU really ends your hopes of a playoff slot .......doesn't matter what's conference you aren't in...

tennsooner

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 5th, 2017 03:00 am

Zgeo wrote:
Losing to a G5 team then getting slaughtered by tOSU really ends your hopes of a playoff slot .......doesn't matter what's conference you aren't in...

Exactly and that is what some can't understand. The part about us rolling thru the SEC unbeaten has me laughing so hard I can't continue with this. I'm guessing some think we can't beat Houston but Alabama and the rest would have been no problem. The fact is we had no business being in the playoff is why we were't there.:lol::lol::lol:

Current time is 04:14 am
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page