SoonerSports.com link
Oklahoma Sooner YouTube Channel

Search
   
Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 


Kyler Murray
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
47Straight
Member


Joined: Tue Aug 14th, 2007
Location: Amarillo
Posts: 7561
Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 20th, 2017 09:25 pm

Quote

Reply
http://gridironnow.com/?p=1080090

Attachment: 1 leagalixe everythaig.jpg (Downloaded 115 times)

OU Chinaman
Member


Joined: Sun Nov 8th, 2015
Location: Blanchard
Posts: 2508
Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 20th, 2017 11:57 pm

Quote

Reply
...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.
Saw flashes of his running ability in last year's Spring Prom and think if his hammy's good he could be "the talk" of spring practice.
I think this kid is a special athlete, and might just be a very special player.

OU, OU, OU!!!

ArmySooner
Administrator


Joined: Sun Aug 12th, 2007
Location: Principal's Office
Posts: 11189
Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:27 am

Quote

Reply
He presents the opportunity for an incredibly lethal...

Quadruple Option :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I have always felt that a consistent HB pass was a lost art, and would someday make it back in to the game.

Walt
Administrator


Joined: Fri Apr 13th, 2007
Location: The High Plains Of NW Oklahoma.
Posts: 14914
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:31 am

Quote

Reply
OU Chinaman wrote: ...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.
Saw flashes of his running ability in last year's Spring Prom and think if his hammy's good he could be "the talk" of spring practice.
I think this kid is a special athlete, and might just be a very special player.

OU, OU, OU!!!

I will be really surprised if Murray doesn't find significant playing time this coming Fall.  He is a great athlete.  What remains to be seen is whether or not his issues at A&M were due to his attitude or to the ineptness of the Aggies offensive staff, particularly their OC.  I don't know more than what I have read on the Agtimes message board.  Most Aggies think he is a real head case and created lots of animosity in the Aggie locker room.

I know some of the posters over there, at least from posting there years ago.  They think he will hurt us way more than help us.  I have a gut feeling that Murray wasn't the cause of all the unrest among the Aggie QBs.  I also have a gut feel that Riley will find some creative ways to get him involved in the offense.  I think there are lots of opportunities to do that and in some ways that will be exciting and fun for us fans.

ArmySooner
Administrator


Joined: Sun Aug 12th, 2007
Location: Principal's Office
Posts: 11189
Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:42 am

Quote

Reply
Walt wrote:
OU Chinaman wrote: ...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.
Saw flashes of his running ability in last year's Spring Prom and think if his hammy's good he could be "the talk" of spring practice.
I think this kid is a special athlete, and might just be a very special player.

OU, OU, OU!!!

I will be really surprised if Murray doesn't find significant playing time this coming Fall.  He is a great athlete.  What remains to be seen is whether or not his issues at A&M were due to his attitude or to the ineptness of the Aggies offensive staff, particularly their OC.  I don't know more than what I have read on the Agtimes message board.  Most Aggies think he is a real head case and created lots of animosity in the Aggie locker room.

I know some of the posters over there, at least from posting there years ago.  They think he will hurt us way more than help us.  I have a gut feeling that Murray wasn't the cause of all the unrest among the Aggie QBs.  I also have a gut feel that Riley will find some creative ways to get him involved in the offense.  I think there are lots of opportunities to do that and in some ways that will be exciting and fun for us fans.


Here is the interesting thing about Murray's attitude issues at A&M.

He seems to have taken the transfer year loss, and the Mayfield situation with a fine attitude. He hasn't been an issue at all since coming to Norman.

Maybe the issue was actually a Kevin Sumlin deal, maybe it was a Murray deal, who knows. But maybe Murray found the place he needed to be at, and the Head Coach that he needs at this point in his life.

K2C Sooner
Member


Joined: Wed Feb 17th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 3822
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:54 am

Quote

Reply
Didn't he lose his starting job to Tyreke Hill (transfer) to TCU? He sucks!

I will go on record to say Austin Kendall is our future Q-B..

OU Chinaman
Member


Joined: Sun Nov 8th, 2015
Location: Blanchard
Posts: 2508
Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 01:11 am

Quote

Reply
K2C Sooner wrote:
Didn't he lose his starting job to Tyreke Hill (transfer) to TCU? He sucks!

I will go on record to say Austin Kendall is our future Q-B..


...we'll see. Have a hard time getting behind a kid named "AUSTIN". Just saying.

OU, OU, OU!!!

K2C Sooner
Member


Joined: Wed Feb 17th, 2016
Location:  
Posts: 3822
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 01:16 am

Quote

Reply
OU Chinaman wrote:
K2C Sooner wrote:
Didn't he lose his starting job to Tyreke Hill (transfer) to TCU? He sucks!

I will go on record to say Austin Kendall is our future Q-B..


...we'll see. Have a hard time getting behind a kid named "AUSTIN". Just saying.

OU, OU, OU!!!


:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Manoewar
Member
 

Joined: Fri Dec 16th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1269
Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:07 pm

Quote

Reply
ArmySooner wrote:
Walt wrote:
OU Chinaman wrote: ...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.
Saw flashes of his running ability in last year's Spring Prom and think if his hammy's good he could be "the talk" of spring practice.
I think this kid is a special athlete, and might just be a very special player.

OU, OU, OU!!!

I will be really surprised if Murray doesn't find significant playing time this coming Fall.  He is a great athlete.  What remains to be seen is whether or not his issues at A&M were due to his attitude or to the ineptness of the Aggies offensive staff, particularly their OC.  I don't know more than what I have read on the Agtimes message board.  Most Aggies think he is a real head case and created lots of animosity in the Aggie locker room.

I know some of the posters over there, at least from posting there years ago.  They think he will hurt us way more than help us.  I have a gut feeling that Murray wasn't the cause of all the unrest among the Aggie QBs.  I also have a gut feel that Riley will find some creative ways to get him involved in the offense.  I think there are lots of opportunities to do that and in some ways that will be exciting and fun for us fans.


Here is the interesting thing about Murray's attitude issues at A&M.

He seems to have taken the transfer year loss, and the Mayfield situation with a fine attitude. He hasn't been an issue at all since coming to Norman.

Maybe the issue was actually a Kevin Sumlin deal, maybe it was a Murray deal, who knows. But maybe Murray found the place he needed to be at, and the Head Coach that he needs at this point in his life.


ironically, I remember reading very similar post about a transfer from TTU 3 years ago.

jdurrett
Member
 

Joined: Sun Aug 12th, 2007
Location: Hot Springs. AR, Arkansas USA
Posts: 1166
Country of Origin: Oklahoma
Signature: 
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 02:36 pm

Quote

Reply
ArmySooner wrote:
He presents the opportunity for an incredibly lethal...

Quadruple Option :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I have always felt that a consistent HB pass was a lost art, and would someday make it back in to the game.

An offensive coordinator could lose his mind with the possible combinations he would offer.
The halfback pass has been totally neglected and we used to have success with it from Tommy MacDonald on. Time for a rebirth.

Quick kick, too.

ArmySooner
Administrator


Joined: Sun Aug 12th, 2007
Location: Principal's Office
Posts: 11189
Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 22nd, 2017 01:26 am

Quote

Reply
jdurrett wrote:
ArmySooner wrote:
He presents the opportunity for an incredibly lethal...

Quadruple Option :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I have always felt that a consistent HB pass was a lost art, and would someday make it back in to the game.

An offensive coordinator could lose his mind with the possible combinations he would offer.
The halfback pass has been totally neglected and we used to have success with it from Tommy MacDonald on. Time for a rebirth.

Quick kick, too.


Although I never watched those teams, I have seen the film, and that is exactly what I was talking about. The HB pass was a basic part of the offense back then.

Right now, OU has the all time NCAA pass efficiency leader at QB, and a 5 star, Jamelle type athlete with some very valuable SEC starting experience throwing the football.


 Current time is 12:07 pm




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez