Print
AuthorPost
47Straight

Country of Origin: Indian Territory
Signature: #8 in '19
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 20th, 2017 09:25 pm

http://gridironnow.com/?p=1080090

Attachment: 1 leagalixe everythaig.jpg (Downloaded 115 times)

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 20th, 2017 11:57 pm

...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.
Saw flashes of his running ability in last year's Spring Prom and think if his hammy's good he could be "the talk" of spring practice.
I think this kid is a special athlete, and might just be a very special player.

OU, OU, OU!!!

ArmySooner
Administrator

Country of Origin: Potawatomi Nation
Signature: Pookie Poo
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:27 am

He presents the opportunity for an incredibly lethal...

Quadruple Option :shock::shock::shock::shock:

I have always felt that a consistent HB pass was a lost art, and would someday make it back in to the game.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:31 am

OU Chinaman wrote: ...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.
Saw flashes of his running ability in last year's Spring Prom and think if his hammy's good he could be "the talk" of spring practice.

OU, OU, OU!!!

I will be really surprised if Murray doesn't find significant playing time this coming Fall.  He is a great athlete.  What remains to be seen is whether or not his issues at A&M were due to his attitude or to the ineptness of the Aggies offensive staff, particularly their OC.  I don't know more than what I have read on the Agtimes message board.  Most Aggies think he is a real head case and created lots of animosity in the Aggie locker room.

I know some of the posters over there, at least from posting there years ago.  They think he will hurt us way more than help us.  I have a gut feeling that Murray wasn't the cause of all the unrest among the Aggie QBs.  I also have a gut feel that Riley will find some creative ways to get him involved in the offense.  I think there are lots of opportunities to do that and in some ways that will be exciting and fun for us fans.

ArmySooner
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:42 am

Walt wrote:
OU Chinaman wrote: ...not really sure why, other than just chinaman intuition, but I've got a real strong feeling that Murray's going to play a bigger role in 2017 than most think.

OU, OU, OU!!!

I will be really surprised if Murray doesn't find significant playing time this coming Fall.  He is a great athlete.  What remains to be seen is whether or not his issues at A&M were due to his attitude or to the ineptness of the Aggies offensive staff, particularly their OC.  I don't know more than what I have read on the Agtimes message board.  Most Aggies think he is a real head case and created lots of animosity in the Aggie locker room.

I know some of the posters over there, at least from posting there years ago.  They think he will hurt us way more than help us.  I have a gut feeling that Murray wasn't the cause of all the unrest among the Aggie QBs.  I also have a gut feel that Riley will find some creative ways to get him involved in the offense.  I think there are lots of opportunities to do that and in some ways that will be exciting and fun for us fans.

Here is the interesting thing about Murray's attitude issues at A&M.

He seems to have taken the transfer year loss, and the Mayfield situation with a fine attitude. He hasn't been an issue at all since coming to Norman.

Maybe the issue was actually a Kevin Sumlin deal, maybe it was a Murray deal, who knows. But maybe Murray found the place he needed to be at, and the Head Coach that he needs at this point in his life.

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:54 am

Didn't he lose his starting job to Tyreke Hill (transfer) to TCU? He sucks!

I will go on record to say Austin Kendall is our future Q-B..

OU Chinaman

Country of Origin: 
Signature: OU, OU, OU!!!
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 01:11 am

K2C Sooner wrote:

...we'll see. Have a hard time getting behind a kid named "AUSTIN". Just saying.

OU, OU, OU!!!

K2C Sooner

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 01:16 am

OU Chinaman wrote:
K2C Sooner wrote:

...we'll see. Have a hard time getting behind a kid named "AUSTIN". Just saying.

OU, OU, OU!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Manoewar

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 12:07 pm

ArmySooner wrote:
Walt wrote:

OU, OU, OU!!!

Here is the interesting thing about Murray's attitude issues at A&M.

He seems to have taken the transfer year loss, and the Mayfield situation with a fine attitude. He hasn't been an issue at all since coming to Norman.

Maybe the issue was actually a Kevin Sumlin deal, maybe it was a Murray deal, who knows. But maybe Murray found the place he needed to be at, and the Head Coach that he needs at this point in his life.

ironically, I remember reading very similar post about a transfer from TTU 3 years ago.

jdurrett

Country of Origin: Oklahoma
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2017 02:36 pm

ArmySooner wrote:

I have always felt that a consistent HB pass was a lost art, and would someday make it back in to the game.

An offensive coordinator could lose his mind with the possible combinations he would offer.
The halfback pass has been totally neglected and we used to have success with it from Tommy MacDonald on. Time for a rebirth.

Quick kick, too.

ArmySooner
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 22nd, 2017 01:26 am

jdurrett wrote:
ArmySooner wrote:

An offensive coordinator could lose his mind with the possible combinations he would offer.
The halfback pass has been totally neglected and we used to have success with it from Tommy MacDonald on. Time for a rebirth.

Quick kick, too.

Although I never watched those teams, I have seen the film, and that is exactly what I was talking about. The HB pass was a basic part of the offense back then.

Right now, OU has the all time NCAA pass efficiency leader at QB, and a 5 star, Jamelle type athlete with some very valuable SEC starting experience throwing the football.

Current time is 12:07 pm