Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams  

Print
AuthorPost
cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Nov 9th, 2016 03:58 am

Looks like we have a new softball commit for 2019's. Macy Mcadoo from Tuttle, OK.

mace:) ‏@macy_mcadoo Nov 4 Norman, OK
blessed to say that i have verbally committed to play softball at the university of Oklahoma!Thank you to everyone that has supported me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xL6xRkC3Q

Plays for Oklahoma Ultimate.

OU_Tom
Administrator

Country of Origin: Norman, Oklahoma
Signature: But what do I know?
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 23rd, 2016 01:52 pm

Tulsa World article

Outfield: Rylie Boone, Owasso

Edison transfer and Oklahoma commit batted .533 with 65 hits, 54 runs, 29 runs batted in and 22 extra-base hits. She mixed in 19 stolen bases to go along with a .584 on-base percentage and .795 slugging percentage. While pitching, she was 9-1 with a 1.13 ERA. “Rylie is an absolute competitor,” Owasso coach Shane Eicher said. “She will do whatever is asked or needed of her. She was also a team player, always cheering on her teammates and pushing them to do better.”

Pitcher: Olivia Rains, Pryor

As a sophomore, Rains’ dominance was well-rounded. The Oklahoma commit smashed a solo home run in the first inning of the 5A state championship game that gave her team a lead it would not relinquish en route to Pryor’s first state softball title since 1987. Rains finished the season with a .393 batting average, 27 runs, 48 hits, 19 extra-base hits and 24 runs batted in. And good luck against her in the pitching circle, where she posted a 30-10 record with a 1.05 earned run average and 293 strikeouts in 235 innings. “This season was truly a team effort,” Rains said. “It was extra special coming off a second-place finish last year, and definitely a season we will never forget.”

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2017 11:06 pm

Flosoftball is doing 2019 hot 100 for 2nd time at the end of the month. Here was how OU ranked on the 1st list.

(1) Kinzie Hansen (C)
(49) Olivia Raines (P/OF)
(50) Rylie Boone (Of/P)
(52) Alycia Flores (OF)
(59) Raylee Pogue (C/IF)
(NR) Alanna Thiede (P)
(NR) Macy Mcadoo (P/1B)

I expect Alanna Thiede and Macy Mcadoo to both be ranked this time around. Macy is now playing for Tulsa Elite which will get her more attention. It will be interesting to see if Kinzie holds the top spot. From what I've seen she's the top catching prospect in the country but there was some debate as to who was #1 on the last list. I also believe Olivia Raines and Rylie Boone are underrated.

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2017 11:10 pm

From what they said during the All-Star telecast, she would have been the top prospect if she had come out this year.  She is a very talented catcher---or whatever position she wanted to play.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 09:26 am

I'm probably as excited about Kinzie Hansen and Jayda Coleman as any recruits coming in. They are going to be superstars in my opinion. Thats not a knock on Vestal. I'm excited for her also but pitching is a little riskier moving to the college level.

OU_Tom
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 02:51 am

So what you think of the quality in this class? Above average but maybe a little lower than the 2018 or 2020 classes?

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 01:01 am

I would probably rank it lower than 2018 and 2020. Don't get me wrong, its still a great class but the 2018 and 2020's are stacked. In 2018 Vestal, Lyons, and Green are all top 10 and I believe all the real deal. Vestal held the #1 spot in the reranks which is tough to do. In 2020 We have Coleman, May, Nourey, and Jennings all in top 17(with Knight at 26). Coleman is the real deal at #1. I have to admit I haven't seen the rest play much. I have seen Nourey some and I think she's legit. Lets not forget we still have a shot a Zaida Puni who is #2 and that would probably make this class surpass the 2018 class in my opinion.

With that being said 2019 is still a excellent class. I'm as excited about Kinzie Hansen as any player we have coming in. Besides Kinzie we have no more top 10 players but I believe this is a deep class. I believe Olivia Raines and Rylie Boon are underated. Which I still think flosoftball is a bit iffy on ranking Oklahoma based girls. I haven't seen Alycia Flores and Raylee Pogue play but both sound like solid players. Thiede and Mcadoo I believe will both be rated this time around. So this class may not be as top heavy as the other classes but should be deep with talent and still has the #1 prospect coming in with Hansen.

Last edited on Fri Jan 6th, 2017 01:12 am by cclift38

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 10:49 pm

2019 hot 100 coundtdown has started. 100-91 No sooners yet. We are hoping Alanna Thiede and Macy Mcadoo crack the hot 100 this time.

Last edited on Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 10:51 pm by cclift38

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 25th, 2017 12:58 am

First OU player up.

83--Olivia Rains P/OF… OC Batbusters-Stith (Oklahoma)
After successful stints with two other powerhouse club programs--Jersey Intensity and Texas Glory--Olivia moves to Mike Stith's OC Batbuster team which has won PGF 18U National Championships two of the last three years. She'll be part of one of the best staffs in all of club ball as she joins two other 2019s who are Hot 100 candidates: Farrah Steffany (Arizona commit) and Alanna Thiede (Oklahoma). Olivia is a mature pitcher who is strong and throws everything hard down. She's used to being a workhorse, but should thrive in her new role of sharing time. Olivia is 5-foot-10 and throws in the mid-60's with the frame to get bigger and stronger. She was an Oklahoma All-State pick and Tulsa All-World selection for Pryor High as she led her team to the 5A state title and finished the year 30-10 with a 1.05 ERA and 293 K's in 235 innings. She also batted .393 with 24 RBI.

She dropped from 49 on the 1st rankings. I was a little surprised. After watching her pitch well in the PGF tournament I actually thought she'd move up.

OURed

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 26th, 2017 12:42 am

Next Sooner on the 2019 recruit countdown:

-79--Raylee Pogue IF… Texas Glory-Shelton (Oklahoma)
nullPogue brings athleticism and versatility to the field and moves to Kevin Shelton's Texas Glory Gold team after a standout run with the Oklahoma Gametime Stars. She's one of the top power hitters in the 2019 class and can go deep in any at-bat. One coach called her "a masher who just crushes the ball." Pogue broke her ankle over the summer and in her first at-bat back in high school ball in September hit a walk-off home run. Defensively she has the glove skills and arm to play infield and even outfield. The Oklahoma sophomore impressed at an early age and decided to stay at home and play for the current National Champs when she committed to the Sooners in the eighth grade.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 26th, 2017 11:17 pm

T-66--Alycia Flores OF… Firecrackers-Brashear/Thornburg (Oklahoma)
Alycia is a power-hitting outfielder with a cannon for an arm and is the younger sister of Eliyah Flores, a 2017 signee with the Sooners who plays for Tony Rico's Firecrackers. The younger sister has the strength to drive the ball over the fence to all fields and has tremendous bat speed that allows her to catch up to balls most hitters can't. Alycia hit over .450 the last two years with Sean Brashear's team and, at the high school level, led her Grand Terrace (California) High team to a CIF Championship as a freshman batting .375 with a .486 on-base percentage. She turned down Big Ten and other Big 12 offers to play in Norman with her sister.

65--Alanna Thiede P… OC Batbusters-Stith (Oklahoma)null
One of the top rising stars of the 2019 class is Alanna, who has played on big stages for Mark Campbell's 14U team during the last year. She played on a TV game at USA Elite and is now on Mike Stith's team which also fields Hot 100 pitchers Olivia Rains and Farrah Steffany. Some scouts feel that with the departure of Natalie Lugo to the USA Jr. National team, Alanna can step up and emerge as the ace of the Batbusters by the summer. She has excellent velocity and movement--one coach called her stuff "filthy"--and the So Cal sophomore is primarily a down pitcher with great off-speed stuff. She's an in-and-out thrower who's also very deceptive. Alanna doesn't play high school ball as she focuses full-time on training and club play.

jdurrett

Country of Origin: Oklahoma
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 02:50 am

It looks like Patty's success is breeding some Oklahoma players.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 11:03 pm

T-59--Macy McAdoo P… Tulsa Elite (Oklahoma)
McAdoo burst onto the recruiting scene in 2016 with her mid-60s velocity and wicked movement on her pitches. She previously pitched for Oklahoma Ultimate and also worked out with pitching coach Rick Cummings. By the end of the summer, Macy had offers from almost every program who got to watch her on the field and in the fall as a sophomore led her Tuttle High (Oklahoma) team to the 4A State Championship. In the title series, Macy only allowed two runs in the last three games. In November, she made her decision to stay close to home (Tuttle is about a half hour away from the OU campus) and become a Sooner.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 11:35 pm

Ok Flosoftball 100-51 is done. They'll do the top 50 starting back on Monday. Here is the skinny on OU players. OU has 5 players ranked from 83 to 59. 3 players dropped from their initial rankings. But 2 players went from unranked to ranked.

Oivia Raines had the biggest drop off. Went from 49 to 83 a drop off o 34 spots. We'll learn a lot about her as she is going to OC Batbusters 18U organization. One of the best organizations out there. They'll have a young but talented staff with Farrah Steffany(Arizona), Alanna Thiede(OU), Olivia Raines(OU).

Raylee Pogue Fell from 59 to 79, a drop off of 20 points. Her drop off is due to injury. Broken ankle caused her to miss summer ball. Called one of the best power hitters in this class. Its probably a testament to her that she didn't play over the summer and yet remained in the top 80 players.

Alycia Flores-slight drop off from 52 to 65, for a 13 spot drop off. They say this is one of the most competitive classes out of all of them. So I consider this drop very minor. She is the younger sister of Eliyah who will play for OU next year. Another power bat for OU.

Alanna Thiede-I finally called one right. I told everyone she would be ranked this time. She went from unranked to #65. I still think she's under ranked. They mentioned in her bio she could become the ace of the Batbusters staff. Farrah Steffany was ranked #5 in the last rankings and Alanna was basically a co-ace with her on last seasons 14 and under Batbusters team. I think you'll see her continue to rise.

Macy McAdoo-Another girl I made a call on going from unranked to ranked. The biggest rise so far. Goes from unranked to #59. Another one I can see rising some more. She is a tall girl at 6 ft. tall and already throws in mid 60's. I found a youtube video of her and I'll share the link at the end of this post. At a glance her stuff looks nasty. McAdoo, Thiede, and Raines give OU a very bright future pitching staff. And remember Brooke Vestal is only a year a head of them. I think Gasso will have the deep staff she's always wanted.

Here is Macy's link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xL6xRkC3Q

We are currently 9 points ahead of our pace from last rankings. We had some drops but had 2 going from unranked to ranked which really helped.

We are still waiting on 2 players. Rylie Boone who came in at 50 last time. Assuming she didn't drop out and I don't think she did, she'll gain in ranking. Then you have Kinzie Hansen who we will see if she can hold onto the #1 ranking in the class.

Last edited on Fri Jan 27th, 2017 11:39 pm by cclift38

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 10:49 pm

32--Rylie Boone OF/P… Tulsa Elite (Oklahoma)
Boone is a true lefty with blazing speed who can slap and play small ball but also hits for power. One top club coach said, "Rylie is one of the best hitters in this class we faced this past year." She has mid-60s pitch velocity and some coaches have compared her athleticism to Kelsey Stewart, the Florida Gator All-American, when she was the same age. Defensively, Rylie is an excellent centerfielder with great range and a strong arm. She can also deliver a devastating change-up. Best of all, Rylie elevates her game in clutch situations and rises to the occasion. As a freshman at Owasso (Oklahoma) High, she earned All-State honors after batting .533 with a .584 on-base percentage and a 9-1 pitching record and 1.13 ERA. Rylie had multiple offers from Top 25 schools before deciding to stay in-state and committing to the Sooners in September of 2015.

She moved up 18 spots from number 50. I still think this she is under rated.

tycat947

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 11:01 pm

cclift38 wrote:
Boone is a true lefty with blazing speed who can slap and play small ball but also hits for power. One top club coach said, "Rylie is one of the best hitters in this class we faced this past year." She has mid-60s pitch velocity and some coaches have compared her athleticism to Kelsey Stewart, the Florida Gator All-American, when she was the same age. Defensively, Rylie is an excellent centerfielder with great range and a strong arm. She can also deliver a devastating change-up. Best of all, Rylie elevates her game in clutch situations and rises to the occasion. As a freshman at Owasso (Oklahoma) High, she earned All-State honors after batting .533 with a .584 on-base percentage and a 9-1 pitching record and 1.13 ERA. Rylie had multiple offers from Top 25 schools before deciding to stay in-state and committing to the Sooners in September of 2015.

She moved up 18 spots from number 50. I still think this she is under rated.

Nice! I love the "blazing speed" comment! Brianna Turang blazing speed??? I hope!

Slobberknocker

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 03:43 pm

Boone is a true lefty with blazing speed who can slap and play small ball but also hits for power. As a freshman at Owasso (Oklahoma) High, she earned All-State honors after batting .533 with a .584 on-base percentage and a 9-1 pitching record and 1.13 ERA.

Unless something has changed, All-State honors in Oklahoma is restricted to Seniors only. What gives?

Last edited on Wed Feb 1st, 2017 03:45 pm by Slobberknocker

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 07:04 pm

Slobberknocker wrote: 32--Rylie Boone OF/P… Tulsa Elite (Oklahoma)
Boone is a true lefty with blazing speed who can slap and play small ball but also hits for power. As a freshman at Owasso (Oklahoma) High, she earned All-State honors after batting .533 with a .584 on-base percentage and a 9-1 pitching record and 1.13 ERA.

Unless something has changed, All-State honors in Oklahoma is restricted to Seniors only. What gives?

I think you may be dating yourself.  In recent years, I've seen a number of freshmen and sophomores named all-state in basketball.  As I remember, Winfred Boynes was named All-State and Player-of-the-Year as a sophomore.

I thought the senior restriction was a newspaper thing that changed about 1970.

tycat947

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 07:30 pm

There are also multiple All State lists, I think. Newspapers have their own and coaches have their own, which is where the "senior only" classes are listed, as they play at All State games during the summer.

Slobberknocker

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 08:41 pm

Correct. "THE" All-State team is the one chosen by the Oklahoma Past-Pitch Coaches Association. These are the kids that compete in the summer "All State" games. It is limited to Seniors only.

Not saying I agree with that format...definitely not ALL the best players in the state, but that IS the format.

tycat947

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 08:48 pm

Slobberknocker wrote:
Correct. "THE" All-State team is the one chosen by the Oklahoma Past-Pitch Coaches Association. These are the kids that compete in the summer "All State" games. It is limited to Seniors only.

Not saying I agree with that format...definitely not ALL the best players in the state, but that IS the format.

Also, I'm sure coaches would not want one of their great juniors or sophomores playing in a game over the summer where they potentially could be injured and not available for the next season.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Feb 2nd, 2017 11:32 pm

Tomorrow will be the top 10. The only thing left will to see where Kinzie Hansen lands.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2017 11:06 pm

And then there is #1.

Kinzie Hansen C... Athletics-Mercado/Smith (Oklahoma)
As the saying goes, "It's more easy to stay on top than to get there." When you're deemed the No. 1 player in the FloSoftball Hot 100, it's an honor, obviously, but it also puts a target on your back. Imagine walking onto any softball field and having opposing players, coaches, parents and fans pointing you out as the one they're going to work extra hard to beat. That was the case for Hansen over the last year. She was announced as the No. 1 player in the 2019 Hot 100 on February 6, 2016 and had to live up to those expectations. So how did she do? In the spring, she batted .426 with seven home runs, 18 walks, a .525 on-base percentage and a team-high 37 RBI for Norco (California) High which finished the year 26-6 and #36 in the final FloSoftball FAB 50 High School Rankings. For her part, Hansen won every honor possible: MaxPreps Underclass All-American, CalHiSports.com Freshman of the Year, 1st Team All-State, All-Riverside County and All-League. Over the summer, the So Cal standout batted an even .500 (106-for-212) and had 17 home runs, 18 doubles, 10 triples, 78 RBI and scored 92 runs to help the A's blow through the competition at Colorado Fireworks Sparkler and then on the biggest stage, PGF 14U Nationals. Granted, Kinzie had a ton of help from a talent-packed team, but she certainly did her share to help at PGF, batting again a clean .500 (13-for-26) with a .596 on-base percentage which included five RBI and seven runs scored. One coach also said she reportedly had the most runners caught stealing and pick offs of anyone at PGF. What makes Hansen, then, the No. 1 player besides championships and stats? At 6-foot tall, she is a five-tool player who is the ultimate triple threat--she's a consistent threat at the plate, a phenomenal defensive catcher and a true leader on and off the field. Jen Schroeder, founder of The Packaged Deal and Hansen's personal catching coach, says: "I knew the first time Kinzie walked through my doors she was special. She hasn't just stood out, though, she's been a leader, but what has impressed me the most is her consistent desire to outwork and outperform others. Simply, no one in the country works harder or with more humility than Kinzie." The young catcher is already rubbing elbows in a favorable way with the best in the game. At a winter workout, top college and national team players were working out together and Hansen was asked to join in. She and Aubree Munro, the former Florida All-American backstop and current Women's National Team member, were put in the same group and threw back-to-back. Onlookers said that the two went head-to-head in a positive, good natured, but competitive way and Hansen--despite being five years younger--matched Munro throw-for-throw. One coach said, "I had never seen anything like it, that's the type of athlete Kinzie is--she's already on par with the National Team members and is the type of player that makes others better around her." Physically, the young catcher does everything well--she has 1.5-1.6 pop times, throws from her knees better than anyone her age and can do it all offensively. College coaches certainly have noticed; FloSoftball reached out to dozens of top coaches and scouts across the country and Hansen was the clear-cut choice as the top player in the nation. Here were just some of the comments that coaches shared: "... the most polished in her class," "so athletic and skilled," "well-rounded in all areas," "the top player without a doubt after watching her this summer" and, simply, "Hansen rakes!" The tall backstop committed to Oklahoma in November of 2014 and has been in the spotlight ever since. While some crumble under the pressure of being called "the best," Hansen has used it to elevate her game each year and many coaches privately say she has the potential to be one of the best catchers ever to play the game. That's a lot to live up to, but so far Hansen has risen to the challenge. For that, she earns the right to be called, once again, the No. 1 player in the FloSoftball 2019 Hot 100.

Last edited on Fri Feb 3rd, 2017 11:17 pm by cclift38

sybarite
Banned

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2017 11:19 pm

It would be embarrassing to be the one who did not pick Hansen #1.  Everyone recognizes that she is a special talent, maybe the best of all time.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2017 01:13 am

Here is the full Class. Pretty good size class.

83--Olivia Rains P/OF… OC Batbusters-Stith (Oklahoma)
After successful stints with two other powerhouse club programs--Jersey Intensity and Texas Glory--Olivia moves to Mike Stith's OC Batbuster team which has won PGF 18U National Championships two of the last three years. She'll be part of one of the best staffs in all of club ball as she joins two other 2019s who are Hot 100 candidates: Farrah Steffany (Arizona commit) and Alanna Thiede (Oklahoma). Olivia is a mature pitcher who is strong and throws everything hard down. She's used to being a workhorse, but should thrive in her new role of sharing time. Olivia is 5-foot-10 and throws in the mid-60's with the frame to get bigger and stronger. She was an Oklahoma All-State pick and Tulsa All-World selection for Pryor High as she led her team to the 5A state title and finished the year 30-10 with a 1.05 ERA and 293 K's in 235 innings. She also batted .393 with 24 RBI.

79--Raylee Pogue IF… Texas Glory-Shelton (Oklahoma)
Pogue brings athleticism and versatility to the field and moves to Kevin Shelton's Texas Glory Gold team after a standout run with the Oklahoma Gametime Stars. She's one of the top power hitters in the 2019 class and can go deep in any at-bat. One coach called her "a masher who just crushes the ball." Pogue broke her ankle over the summer and in her first at-bat back in high school ball in September hit a walk-off home run. Defensively she has the glove skills and arm to play infield and even outfield. The Oklahoma sophomore impressed at an early age and decided to stay at home and play for the current National Champs when she committed to the Sooners in the eighth grade.

-66--Alycia Flores OF… Firecrackers-Brashear/Thornburg (Oklahoma)
Alycia is a power-hitting outfielder with a cannon for an arm and is the younger sister of Eliyah Flores, a 2017 signee with the Sooners who plays for Tony Rico's Firecrackers. The younger sister has the strength to drive the ball over the fence to all fields and has tremendous bat speed that allows her to catch up to balls most hitters can't. Alycia hit over .450 the last two years with Sean Brashear's team and, at the high school level, led her Grand Terrace (California) High team to a CIF Championship as a freshman batting .375 with a .486 on-base percentage. She turned down Big Ten and other Big 12 offers to play in Norman with her sister.

65--Alanna Thiede P… OC Batbusters-Stith (Oklahoma)
One of the top rising stars of the 2019 class is Alanna, who has played on big stages for Mark Campbell's 14U team during the last year. She played on a TV game at USA Elite and is now on Mike Stith's team which also fields Hot 100 pitchers Olivia Rains and Farrah Steffany. Some scouts feel that with the departure of Natalie Lugo to the USA Jr. National team, Alanna can step up and emerge as the ace of the Batbusters by the summer. She has excellent velocity and movement--one coach called her stuff "filthy"--and the So Cal sophomore is primarily a down pitcher with great off-speed stuff. She's an in-and-out thrower who's also very deceptive. Alanna doesn't play high school ball as she focuses full-time on training and club play.

59--Macy McAdoo P… Tulsa Elite (Oklahoma)
McAdoo burst onto the recruiting scene in 2016 with her mid-60s velocity and wicked movement on her pitches. She previously pitched for Oklahoma Ultimate and also worked out with pitching coach Rick Cummings. By the end of the summer, Macy had offers from almost every program who got to watch her on the field and in the fall as a sophomore led her Tuttle High (Oklahoma) team to the 4A State Championship. In the title series, Macy only allowed two runs in the last three games. In November, she made her decision to stay close to home (Tuttle is about a half hour away from the OU campus) and become a Sooner.

1--Kinzie Hansen C... Athletics-Mercado/Smith (Oklahoma)
As the saying goes, "It's more easy to stay on top than to get there." When you're deemed the No. 1 player in the FloSoftball Hot 100, it's an honor, obviously, but it also puts a target on your back. Imagine walking onto any softball field and having opposing players, coaches, parents and fans pointing you out as the one they're going to work extra hard to beat. That was the case for Hansen over the last year. She was announced as the No. 1 player in the 2019 Hot 100 on February 6, 2016 and had to live up to those expectations. So how did she do? In the spring, she batted .426 with seven home runs, 18 walks, a .525 on-base percentage and a team-high 37 RBI for Norco (California) High which finished the year 26-6 and #36 in the final FloSoftball FAB 50 High School Rankings. For her part, Hansen won every honor possible: MaxPreps Underclass All-American, CalHiSports.com Freshman of the Year, 1st Team All-State, All-Riverside County and All-League. Over the summer, the So Cal standout batted an even .500 (106-for-212) and had 17 home runs, 18 doubles, 10 triples, 78 RBI and scored 92 runs to help the A's blow through the competition at Colorado Fireworks Sparkler and then on the biggest stage, PGF 14U Nationals. Granted, Kinzie had a ton of help from a talent-packed team, but she certainly did her share to help at PGF, batting again a clean .500 (13-for-26) with a .596 on-base percentage which included five RBI and seven runs scored. One coach also said she reportedly had the most runners caught stealing and pick offs of anyone at PGF. What makes Hansen, then, the No. 1 player besides championships and stats? At 6-foot tall, she is a five-tool player who is the ultimate triple threat--she's a consistent threat at the plate, a phenomenal defensive catcher and a true leader on and off the field. Jen Schroeder, founder of The Packaged Deal and Hansen's personal catching coach, says: "I knew the first time Kinzie walked through my doors she was special. She hasn't just stood out, though, she's been a leader, but what has impressed me the most is her consistent desire to outwork and outperform others. Simply, no one in the country works harder or with more humility than Kinzie." The young catcher is already rubbing elbows in a favorable way with the best in the game. At a winter workout, top college and national team players were working out together and Hansen was asked to join in. She and Aubree Munro, the former Florida All-American backstop and current Women's National Team member, were put in the same group and threw back-to-back. Onlookers said that the two went head-to-head in a positive, good natured, but competitive way and Hansen--despite being five years younger--matched Munro throw-for-throw. One coach said, "I had never seen anything like it, that's the type of athlete Kinzie is--she's already on par with the National Team members and is the type of player that makes others better around her." Physically, the young catcher does everything well--she has 1.5-1.6 pop times, throws from her knees better than anyone her age and can do it all offensively. College coaches certainly have noticed; FloSoftball reached out to dozens of top coaches and scouts across the country and Hansen was the clear-cut choice as the top player in the nation. Here were just some of the comments that coaches shared: "... the most polished in her class," "so athletic and skilled," "well-rounded in all areas," "the top player without a doubt after watching her this summer" and, simply, "Hansen rakes!" The tall backstop committed to Oklahoma in November of 2014 and has been in the spotlight ever since. While some crumble under the pressure of being called "the best," Hansen has used it to elevate her game each year and many coaches privately say she has the potential to be one of the best catchers ever to play the game. That's a lot to live up to, but so far Hansen has risen to the challenge. For that, she earns the right to be called, once again, the No. 1 player in the FloSoftball 2019 Hot 100.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2017 11:17 pm

Kinzie Hansen interview.

http://www.flosoftball.com/video/1089894-exclusive-interview-with-kinzie-hansen-no-1-hot-100-player#.WJZgOPkrJPY

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 8th, 2017 03:53 pm

Top 50 2019 rankings.

1 Tennessee 2317 9 #s: 14, 19, 30, 40, 42, 43, 56, 62, 86
2 Auburn 1812 7 #s: 4, 9, 18, 28, 60, 63, 113
3 Oklahoma 1722 7 #s: 1, 32, 59, 65, 66, 79, 83
4 Florida 1383 5 #s: 2, 8, 13, 25, 74
5 Kentucky 1337 6 #s: 19, 20, 41 99, 103, 187
6 LSU 1260 5 #s: 12, 14, 44, 79, 96
7 Mississippi State 1226 5 #s: 33, 43, 52, 57, 94
8 Oklahoma State 1203 6 #s: 64, 70, 92, 117, 120, 140
9 Florida State 1178 6 #s: 23, 26, 64, 156, 162, 197
10 Ole Miss 1152 5 #s: 29, 31, 75, 95, 123
11 South Carolina 1123 5 #s: 25, 51, 59, 78, 169
12 Oregon 1094 5 #s: 35, 39, 95, 106, 136
13 Notre Dame 1068 4 #s: 11, 15, 17, 93
14 Michigan 1067 4 #s: 10, 21, 34, 72
15 Cal-Berkeley 1058 5 #s: 36, 37, 87, 11, 176
16 UCLA 1049 4 #s: 6, 7, 16, 126
17 Georgia 942 4 #s: 45, 61, 76, 80
18 Wisconsin 890 4 #s: 33, 55, 110, 116
19 Penn State 837 5 #s: 77, 85, 146, 172, 188
20 Ohio State 812 4 #s: 49, 67, 69, 207
21 Northwestern 779 3 #s: 3, 50, 71
22 Alabama 743 3 #s: 5, 54, 101
23 Oregon State 741 4 #s: 37, 81, 139, 206
24 Texas Tech 697 4 #s: 84, 102, 121, 200
25 Washington 686 3 #s: 22, 73, 122
26 Arizona State 652 3 #s: 41, 98, 112
27 Stanford 646 3 #s: 48, 90, 119
28 Illinois 603 5 #s: 138, 166, 171, 210, 217
29 North Carolina State 577 3 #s: 40, 46, 240
29 Texas A&M 577 3 #s: 30, 91, 205
31 Utah 566 3 #s: 53, 73, 211
32 Arizona 531 2 #s: 24, 47
33 Louisville 450 3 #s: 88, 175, 190
34 Syracuse 434 4 #s: 124, 184, 219, 243
35 Troy 425 3 #s: 97, 185, 196
36 Virginia Tech 413 2 #s: 89, 100
37 Texas 411 2 #s: 82, 109
38 Georgia Tech 395 2 #s: 89, 118
39 Kansas 391 2 #s: 68, 143
40 Indiana 379 2 #s: 66, 157
41 Arkansas 364 2 #s: 58, 180
42 Pitt 362 3 #s: 114,189, 238
42 Virginia 362 2 #s: 38, 202
44 Alabama-Birmingham 354 2 #s: 104, 144
45 Missouri 343 2 #s: 55, 204
46 BYU 334 3 #s: 155, 195, 209
47 North Carolina 301 2 #s: 69, 232
48 James Madison 298 2 #s: 105, 199
49 South Alabama 297 2 #s: 107, 198
50 Maryland 270 2 #s: 149, 183

OU_Tom
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 17th, 2017 02:59 am

I think with 7 players in the top 100 including the #1 player in the country that this is really an outstanding class as well.  I don't think that it would have been possible to use more superlatives than they used with Kinzie Hansen.  It also is good to see an Oklahoman, Rylie Boone, get some respect.

Thanks for the posts.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Feb 17th, 2017 08:08 pm

I like the mix. We got 4 Oklahoma girls and 3 California girls including the top player. Good battery position class as we added 3 pitchers and a catcher. Rylie Boone keeps going up and I still think she's underated. She's going to be a type of player we love here. Very athletic and can do it all. Seems to be a concensus that Kinzie is the top dog. Going to be fun watching Brook pitch an her catch in a few years.

cclift38

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 02:51 am

Rylie Boone, player of the week.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/okpreps/high-school-athletes-of-the-week-for-sept-rylie-boone/article_fdef9fb6-b0b1-5b0b-a2c9-9ff4216a65f5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Last edited on Thu Sep 28th, 2017 02:51 am by cclift38

Current time is 01:45 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page