Posted: Mon Aug 29th, 2016 09:46 pm

They can make you so Happy and so Sad at the same time:(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAeeGnAYBo

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Sep 21st, 2016 02:36 am

I remember that song as a kid, and knowing all the words to it. I really miss that style of music, sort of Easy Listening, a story that will touch your heart set to a simple, gentle tune, where the instruments are just background and the song is all about the lyrics. A lot of folk music and country music used to be like that. Now folk songs are gone, and country is just old rock music with a twang. They've completely ruined country music these days.

Walt
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Nov 9th, 2016 07:34 pm

Triple Option wrote: I remember that song as a kid, and knowing all the words to it. I really miss that style of music, sort of Easy Listening, a story that will touch your heart set to a simple, gentle tune, where the instruments are just background and the song is all about the lyrics. A lot of folk music and country music used to be like that. Now folk songs are gone, and country is just old rock music with a twang. They've completely ruined country music these days.
I'm with you.  I love the old R&B, hate what now they refer to as R&B.  Same with C&W.  About 15 or so years ago C&W began to become something I can't listen and enjoy.  I like the old stuff from the 70s to the end of the late 90s very early 2000s.  Also love the old 60s and 70s MoTown music.

Triple Option

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Nov 9th, 2016 08:16 pm

Walt wrote:

Triple Option wrote: I remember that song as a kid, and knowing all the words to it. I really miss that style of music, sort of Easy Listening, a story that will touch your heart set to a simple, gentle tune, where the instruments are just background and the song is all about the lyrics. A lot of folk music and country music used to be like that. Now folk songs are gone, and country is just old rock music with a twang. They've completely ruined country music these days.
About 15 or so years ago C&W began to become something I can't listen and enjoy.  I like the old stuff from the 70s to the end of the late 90s very early 2000s. 

I'm still mad about this. (Not that I would hold a grudge for 20 years! Oh . . . wait.) I like Marty Robbins and Johnny Cash and Kenny Rogers and George Strait and Randy Travis and Reba and Dolly and folks like that. I like a lot of Garth Brooks, especially his early stuff, but at the same time I partly blame him for changing country music. Then when they started giving country music awards to Taylor Swift, I knew it was all over.

Current time is 10:48 am