SoonerTimes Home > SoonerTimes > OU Sports > How to embed Video in messages

How to embed Video in messages
 Moderated by: sybil, EMan, ClintA.Adams, ArmySooner  

Print
AuthorPost
ClaireOKC
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Signature: Sage of Stylish Sewing Stimulation!
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2015 01:20 am

OK Then - YouTube has once again changed their coding and no long makes XHTML available on their "share" button, so that means that the guidelines have changed about how to post videos on the board....

So as of 10/15/2015 here's the new way to do this (so much fun keeping up with rule changes masked as progress - I sound like my dad  [rolling eyes2]  )

So once again we are going to post Walt's great vid of the jag yawning on cue!  The best way I know to do this is to do a little video so here goes:

Also here's the link to the XHTML code generator.  It's also located in the comment section of the video.  
https://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/youtube_xhtml/

If you click on the YouTube icon on the video above it will take you to the YouTube site where you can see this in HD - click the lower right frame icon

bowhuntr

Country of Origin: 
Signature: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 11:05 am

Is there a way to embed video from Sooner Sports?

ClaireOKC
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 20th, 2017 02:59 am

I ddidn't think so but I do get this Activate Adobe Flash, which you have to activate on your individual browser.  I got the link when I open up the video in Google Chrome, but can't get it in Firefox (but I've just update to their new spiffy, wonderful, excellent browser which I do NOT like - going to revert back to the old one).  Anyway, on the lower right of the video is a "share" button and click on that and you will get the URL.  This should work. 

What I did was:
  1. Copy the URL LINK ONLY to the video via the Share button on the lower right
  2. come to message here and click on the Flash insert button (red f button)
  3. and put in the URL, make sure it has http:// before the www - not two, but one http:// and click OK
  4. Preview it, and you might get the AcitvateAdobe Flash screen, send and you may have to update AND activate flash button.  
I'm going to try this and hopefully it will work

ClaireOKC
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 20th, 2017 03:00 am

As You can see - it's not working either in Firefox nor Chrome. On this board we need that XHTML generator and not sure how to get that on videos that aren't on YouTube or Vimeo.

I will work on this and if I get an answer, then you'll get a notice that I've posted something up on this thread.

ClaireOKC
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 20th, 2017 03:27 am

I've been messing with this over on Chrome, and Firefox for sure can't do it, but I can't get Chrome to do it either. Chrome has the best chance as they have the best video playing of all the browsers, but it make other things on Chrome a little more confusing. Anyway, the upshot is that I'm not sure there's a way to do this because that content is protected over on the SoonerSports.tv site. Most of it's behind a pay wall.

Here's the link that I can copy and share (Only can copy and share on Chrome, not Firefox)

http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=6227413

But not sure everyone can see that. Videos are so hinky on browsers these days as browsers try to make themselves totally secure, which is a problem for them, and sometimes they throw out the baby with the bath water to do that. IOW, you can't watch videos or at best not very well, in order to make a browser more secure!

If you're not a member of SoonerSports.tv this link might not help - if you are and signed in, it might work - I'm going to try it here and see what happens.

ClaireOKC
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Nov 20th, 2017 03:30 am

The link works, but doesn't show the video on the site. Frankly, I'm not sure if this can be done, cause of the php code on the board software may not be of the same security as browsers today. That means that to show on the board would have to be a less secure code, than what Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera or other browsers are willing to allow on their browsers.

So you can post the link, albeit not as eye-catching as playing the video with the board message. Once Sooner Sports posts the videos on YouTube, then you can use the above instructions to post here.

Sorry!

Last edited on Mon Nov 20th, 2017 03:30 am by ClaireOKC

boomermet

Country of Origin: 
Signature: Nothing is genuine on the Internet anymore - Abraham Lincoln
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 04:06 pm

What's the trick for posting a picture here?

ClaireOKC
Administrator

Country of Origin: 
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 06:05 pm

That's easy!

So the picture has to be uploaded so that you'll have a link.  If it's one of your pictures, you can upload it to Google Photos, Flickr, Facebook, Photobucket, Smugmug, iCloud,  or DropBox.  Then you go in and pick up the URL for it, by right clicking and choosing "Photo Link," or "Copy Image Location" or some similar language!

So for this photo, I picked up the link for it which was:

Then I open up the insert photo link above on the toolbar for messages which is this button:

When you click that a window will open and you copy the link for that photo in the line provided and click OK and........

poof........

You have a picture!!!

Current time is 03:13 am